Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Junior Witter bumps into Ricky Hatton and Hatton Avoids Witter

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/chee/Chee_1026a06.htm

Junior Witter today has claimed on thisisbradford.co.uk, that Ricky Hatton is so keen to avoid him he refused to share a boxing ring and even avoided looking in the direction of Witter.

Witter came face to face with his rival at a fight in Sheffield - but Hatton totally ignored Witter at all cost. While Hatton was there to be in the corner for his brother Matthew, Witter was there helping opponent Alan Bosworth, who trains in
    the same gym as Witter.

Witter said: "I stepped in the ring with Alan and saw Hatton there but the funny thing is he wouldn't come in. He was just stood on the ring apron outside and trying not to look at me."

Witter added: "There was no chance of talking to him. He was looking at all the people around him because he didn't want to catch my eye."

Source of quotes: Simon Parker, thisisbradford.co.uk

Is Hatton really ducxking Witter? Could Witter beat him? I have not seen anough of Junior to make a comment.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Junior Witter bumps into Ricky Hatton and Hatton Avoids Witter

What a shit story

No offence to you El Gamo but come on.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Junior Witter today has claimed on thisisbradford.co.uk, that Ricky Hatton is so keen to avoid him he refused to share a boxing ring and even avoided looking in the direction of Witter.

Witter came face to face with his rival at a fight in Sheffield - but Hatton totally ignored Witter at all cost. While Hatton was there to be in the corner for his brother Matthew, Witter was there helping opponent Alan Bosworth, who trains in
    the same gym as Witter.

Witter said: "I stepped in the ring with Alan and saw Hatton there but the funny thing is he wouldn't come in. He was just stood on the ring apron outside and trying not to look at me."

Witter added: "There was no chance of talking to him. He was looking at all the people around him because he didn't want to catch my eye."

Is Hatton really ducxking Witter? Could Witter beat him? I have not seen anough of Junior to make a comment.
    i doubt it, and if he did avoid witter, well it wouldnt be because he is scared of the guy..
    i mean the case is solved in this very article, ricky is a good guy very humble!
    witter is bragging to a local small time newspaper! thats the case its not fear i can imagine ricky just does not like the guy.
    thats certainly my opinion.
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

witter's a dick who falls over when he misses with a left hook. i would take that article with a pinch of salt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well imo witter is what ud call a lazy bastard and relys too much on countering shots rather than putting pressure on and throwing first this may well cause him problems as by the time ricky is hitting him hell be in close and witter wont be able to use his reach and if it becomes and brawl like tht there can only be one winner, hatton. however i also think it would all depend on how witter performs on the night he has looked ordinary recently but did perform alright against corley so maybe he just gets himself up for the big fights who knows. so overall i think witter COULD beat hatton but imo he wont do if this fight comes off and for hatton avoiding him it may just be cus his a humble shy guy well thts how he comes across in interviews and i cant see him being very confrontational outside of the ring. i dont believe that hatton is ducking witter as he has no reason to.

hope this helps, bit of an essay i know lol just once id started kept thinking of other points

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ditto memphis...

love to see hatton v witter but that is one shit story right there hahahahah

but yeah i see Witter giving hatton a few problems if they meet... but i dont think witter is on Hattons list just yet but if they both keep winnng i wouldnt be too suppriseed to see them fight

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    i dont believe that hatton is ducking witter as he has no reason to.
    Agreed i also dont see him ducking him but i do see him seeing it as a risk that isnt worth the money

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm thinking he just didn't know who he was since Witter ain't never really done shit before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    What a shit story

LMAo,no offence taken bro,I didn't write,I just thought why would Hatton not greet him etc. Isn't there high demand for this fight here(ie UK)

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i did hear a few years ago that ricky was soo mad with witter he asked him if he wanted to go out into the car park and have a scrap... FOR REAL

i think it was around the time he asked Warren to write witter into his contract ((WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT ))

but you know how these stories always get blow out of perspective... so it could just be rubbish

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cant blame Witter really. I cant see him holding on to his belt for too long (hope Im wrong) Better to get battered by Ricky (£££) than anyone else.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    i did hear a few years ago that ricky was soo mad with witter he asked him if he wanted to go out into the car park and have a scrap... FOR REAL

i think it was around the time he asked Warren to write witter into his contract ((WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT ))

but you know how these stories always get blow out of perspective... so it could just be rubbish
    Thats right, Ricky got Warren to sign it within the contract he signed with Sports Network. A fight with Witter no matter what.

Unfortunately Witter fell out with Warren due to Frank insisting Witter fought Eamon Magee first. Witter didnt like this and spat his dummy out and parted company with Sports Network.

It seems both Witter and Floyd are mentioning Hattons name in recent interviews for one reason or another.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

the same gym as Witter.

Witter is too busy avoiding D Hopkins to worry about Hatton ! Hatton would swarm his country ass in a New York second, Witter is shit !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    What a S*** story

Lately...doghouse seems to have a lot of...gossipy shit going on.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym

Witter is too busy avoiding D Hopkins to worry about Hatton !
    I hardly call what he did ducking Hopkins. Witter has just come back off of holiday and the fight would have been in four weeks. I think Witter would be looking for a massive fight or an easy defence, Hopkins would fit in the grey area between the two.

Charley Burley

Thread Information