Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: COTURE QUOTE MAKES IT SEEM FEDOR FIGHT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default COTURE QUOTE MAKES IT SEEM FEDOR FIGHT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from TheFightNetwork.com

“It’s not a retirement,” said Couture Friday, who also works as on-air analyst and ambassador for The Fight Network. “It’s a resignation from the UFC organization.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: COTURE QUOTE MAKES IT SEEM FEDOR FIGHT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure am glad to hear that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But if your under contract you cant just resign! I'm pretty sure Dana White would not let what is short term his biggest draw just walk out mid contract to fight for someone else!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shavio
    But if your under contract you cant just resign! I'm pretty sure Dana White would not let what is short term his biggest draw just walk out mid contract to fight for someone else!!

coture is saying that he intends to fight elsewhere tho, and if anyone in the world is a bad enough businessman to leave a giant loophole in a contract that would allow such a thing its that idiot dana white

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh i agree with you no doubt but i suspect a legal team would draw up all contracts not Dana?

Just read an interview on MMA news that says basically what i said above!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh i agree with you no doubt but i suspect a legal team would draw up all contracts not Dana?

Just read an interview on MMA news that says basically what i said above!

i thought the same thing at first, that there was no chance he could fight elsewhere, but this quote proves he intends to

so either he knows theres some out in his contract

or he just doesnt give a fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets hope and pray it works itself out!

Could a joint promotion be the amswer It would still make the UFC money and part of it is better than nothing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets hope and pray it works itself out!

Could a joint promotion be the amswer It would still make the UFC money and part of it is better than nothing
    i dont think that dana white would ever let that happen

pride wanted to do that with UFC like 2 years ago, and it was rumored that it was gonna happen, but then dana white pulled out and i think his exact quote was something like 'those japanese are hard to work with'

dana white is worse then vince mcmahon

when WWF bought the WCW mcmahon had a chance top make INSANE amounts of money, but his ego was too big to let him

rather then do a big angle where the top WCW guys feuded with the top WWF guys and attempt to win all the WCW fans mcmahon elected to job out all the WCW guys (have them all lose to all his guys) to have some kind of victory over the WCW in his own mind

i think dana white is exactly like that, i think hed rather see all the pride guys lose to TUF jobbers by fluke then actually introduce them to the US audience the proper way and make some heavy dollars off them

and that same mindset is gonna come into play here, he wont risk his organization looking like its not the best, hes a joke, worst business man of all time

Thread Information