Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Donaire vs. Darchinyan role reversal

In the first match, Vic was the star, the favorite and the bad guy. He had been feasting on little guys and behaving like a bully. Donaire was set to avenge his brother and serve justice to the beak of Darchinyan.

Now the roles are reversed. Donaire is the star, the huge favorite and the bad guy IMO. After their first meeting, Donaire largely picked on spoonfed old and small fighters that had no chance. Aside from Montiel, he did not face a live opponent until be met Rigondeux. However, Vic pushed himself, moved up in weight and fought the very best, time and time again.

So I say....

GO VIC!!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Donaire vs. Darchinyan role reversal

Fair point, it would be something if he won but I can't see it happening at 37 and at 126 pounds. Darchinyan is a fun fighter though, savage little fucker and he's taking on a bunch of killers since their first fight you're right. Thing is he didn't beat any of them, only the guys he was supposed to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Role reversal but the result will be the same. It's guys that go on the run and don't engage that cause Donaire trouble. He gets bored and looks average but if Vic comes to fight again like last time I see him walking onto something. Probably a left hook counter that puts him away

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Fair point, it would be something if he won but I can't see it happening at 37 and at 126 pounds. Darchinyan is a fun fighter though, savage little fucker and he's taking on a bunch of killers since their first fight you're right. Thing is he didn't beat any of them, only the guys he was supposed to.
    Vic won some lost some. I don't know if he was supposed to beat that PR kid last time who tried using him as a stepping stone.

Yes, its a long shot for Vic to beat Donaire right now, I agree with you both there.

Still, I'll be rooting for him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unlikely as hell but I've been thinking upset here all week.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would be fun to see, I always root against Donaire even though I rate him highly and he seems like a nice guy Haven't seen Andrade since he first turned pro, but that could be a nice fight to up first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone got a stream they can PM me for this fight please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope, Vic is still the same shit that he's ever been. Kissed the canvass on cue but was saved from performing his ritual, chicken dance by the third man in the ring!

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i cant stand vic, always bragging how he is gonna end someones career or hospitalize them. that kind of illwill against an opponent is shitty. i was glad to see vic the dick get stopped again! mind you, donaire looked like shit up until the ko. but vic was winning. donaire better get dead serious if he wants to beat that cuban guy who beat him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vic was doing so good and clearly wanted it more...

Ran into one he never recovered from.

Pissed me off bad. Fuck!!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire needs to get back to what he was doing. He was thinking every punch through. The consequences, the angle, the power. You can see him caught while he was doing the math. Early on when he was trained by his dad, you could see he was fighting on instincts and good habits. That left hook that dropped vic in the first fight was a product of that. No thought, no anticipation, just pure reaction. His legs got him out of range, he changed gears and countered with a short chopping hook. Notice his right hand was glued higher to the side of his head when he threw it too. Reinforced after years of good habits. All that started to wain a bit when he started training with Garcia, maybe even just before. Not Garcia's fault though. Donaire lost focus (long lapses away from the ring) and abandoned his style for a more crowd pleasing performance based on size advantages at the lower weights. The shot he dropped Montiel still saw him catching a hook in return that he wouldn't have been hit by previously. As he grew his original style could have kept him more well preserved. Instead his instincts started to slip/ as did his defense. He started getting swollen eyes and damaged hands from trying to be a banger. I dont know if his father being reintro'd to his camps will bring back those instincts, but you could see at a certain point, near the last two rounds, there were flashes of that instinct that made him look a little more comfortable sitting in front of Vic. Even then he stayed too long looking for the offensive opportunities, instead of pivoting out like he should/ used to after the initial exchange. I guess time will tell...
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Donaire needs to get back to what he was doing. He was thinking every punch through. The consequences, the angle, the power. You can see him caught while he was doing the math. Early on when he was trained by his dad, you could see he was fighting on instincts and good habits. That left hook that dropped vic in the first fight was a product of that. No thought, no anticipation, just pure reaction. His legs got him out of range, he changed gears and countered with a short chopping hook. Notice his right hand was glued higher to the side of his head when he threw it too. Reinforced after years of good habits. All that started to wain a bit when he started training with Garcia, maybe even just before. Not Garcia's fault though. Donaire lost focus (long lapses away from the ring) and abandoned his style for a more crowd pleasing performance based on size advantages at the lower weights. The shot he dropped Montiel still saw him catching a hook in return that he wouldn't have been hit by previously. As he grew his original style could have kept him more well preserved. Instead his instincts started to slip/ as did his defense. He started getting swollen eyes and damaged hands from trying to be a banger. I dont know if his father being reintro'd to his camps will bring back those instincts, but you could see at a certain point, near the last two rounds, there were flashes of that instinct that made him look a little more comfortable sitting in front of Vic. Even then he stayed too long looking for the offensive opportunities, instead of pivoting out like he should/ used to after the initial exchange. I guess time will tell...
    He looked soft, doubting himself and looking for the one big shot. And he got it. But, he wont always get it n will run out of time in other fights.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    He looked soft, doubting himself and looking for the one big shot. And he got it. But, he wont always get it n will run out of time in other fights.
    I agree. The softness is a byproduct of a dedication issue. The doubt comes from having too many voices in the corner. He needs to train with his dad when not in camp (that will help with the softness issue as he'll come to camp already in shape). Get those good practices going and then either let garcia handle the game plans for the fights... or see if his dad and garcia can be on the same page for a camp. Only one man in the corner though on fight night. looking for one big shot is a bailout for him.. a hail mary pass. He knew he was in trouble because he was getting hit with shots he's shouldn't have not to mention he was fighting a big puncher with 15 extra pounds since the last time he fought him. Donaire was feeling those shots more than he did the first time around... more importantly he was getting hit with them this time around. He needs to remember why he was called the filipino flash. It was all about speed before, not loading up for a power shot. If he gets that back he'll be more useful to himself and his coaches. His offense and defense need to be second nature again. Then he doesn't have to think, load up, and deal with his panic in the ring, etc.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

.... Double
    Last edited by KananKrus; 11-10-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is fat at 126... Looks soft structurally as well as mentally.

Nonito needs to relegate this Garcia guy a few notches below top... no Nacho there!... unless he considers painful consequences of coming into fights Ill-prepared and without any contingency plans when in need for one are acceptable and that remorse is on the far side when dough is on the easy taking.

Thread Information