Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ___ Super middleweight division in 2007 ___

What are the likely fights to happen in 2007?

Will jermain taylor's move up to 168 add another dimension to the division or will he be soundly beaten by some of these guys....

I feel 2007 will throw up some unknown names in Gogiya (lost 2 dubious decisions to Tatesyvan & Eric Teymour, the latter he got a unanimous decision against but it was reverted to 'No Contest' after the bout).

Denis Inkin seems to be making steady, powerful progress - a man who KO'd mger mkeretian in only 2 rounds and recently KO'd Mario Veit only a round quicker than Calzaghe last time. Veit enjoying something of a renaissance in outpointing Jergen Brahmer recently was stopped handily.

Who ever Jermain fights at 168 will likely be a WBC ranked fighter, as he Jermain is their poster boy.

I think, based on last nights performance, that potentially some of these eastern bloc fighters could dish out an unseen beating to Taylor if he overlooks them - and thus catapulting that individual into the limelight and mega-bucks.

Jermaine will be headhunted by these guys and i feel there could perhaps be no easy tune-ups at all for him. As these guys will see Taylor as the golden goose $ $ $

Lacy would have been an ideal candidate for him, until his recent shoulder injury (PPV wise).

Thoughts??

WBC CHAMPION: Mikkel Kessler
    WBA CHAMPION: Mikkel Kessler (Denmark)

IBF CHAMPION: Joe Calzaghe (GB)
    WBO CHAMPION: Joe Calzaghe (GB)

WBC rankings:-

1 .- Librado Andrade (Mexico)
    2 .- Lucian Bute (Romania/Canada) NABF/AMERICA
    3 .- Carl Froch (GB) BBBoC/COMM
    4 .- Markus Beyer (Germany)
    5 .- Dennis Inkin (Russia) INTL
    6 .- Jurgen Brahmer (Germany)
    7 .- Cristian Sanavia (Italy)
    8 .- Devy Gogiya (Georgia) EBU/CISBB
    9 .- Jackson Chanet (France)
    10 .- Jean Pascal (Haiti/Canada) LATINO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ___ Super middleweight division in 2007 ___

Just read on ESB, that Taylor has supposedly desided to stay at 160 and not move up for now.
    If that is the case it kind of changes the picture.

It COULD mean a Kessler-Calzaghe showdown is more likely. But i personally think Calzaghe is more likely to move up or simply retire.
    Winky might be persuaded to move up and take Taylors space against Calzaghe (and set things "back on track" according to Calzaghe's wishes).

IF neither Calzaghe, Taylor or Winky is there, It may seem there's not much besides Kessler left. But there are in my opinion real dangerous prospects at 168. Bute would soon (if not already) be a threat to annyone - including Calzaghe and Kessler. Froch on the other hand i don't rate.

Even Kessler MAY not be around long. There's been talk Woods is trying to make a fight with him at LHW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What happened to Mundine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

anthony(the man)mundine will take kesslers undisputed title ,after kessler whoops calzaghe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    What happened to Mundine?
    i dont think mundines ranked top 10 by wbc,which is fuked up..but hes 2nd or 3rd on WBA......the ratings are corupt,he should be no# 1 contender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he wasn't ready in the first fight with Kessler, but he is by far the fastest guy in the division(except maybe Pascal), and he has a granite chin... I would see him giving Calzaghe alot of problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he wasn't ready in the first fight with Kessler, but he is by far the fastest guy in the division(except maybe Pascal), and he has a granite chin... I would see him giving Calzaghe alot of problems.
    Agree Mundine has enough speed and talent to also play a major role in the division. As a Kessler fan it's just hard for me to see why Mundine would have a better chance against Kessler second time around. With Kessler most likely being fully fit if they meet again.

Mundine had a perfect shot at Kessler. He had hometown advantage. Kessler was less than 100% for the fight and many aussies have said that Mundine fought one of his best fights against Kessler. What's really there to suggest it wouldn't be a repeat of the first fight or if anything Kessler even more dominant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    Agree Mundine has enough speed and talent to also play a major role in the division. As a Kessler fan it's just hard for me to see why Mundine would have a better chance against Kessler second time around. With Kessler most likely being fully fit if they meet again.

Mundine had a perfect shot at Kessler. He had hometown advantage. Kessler was less than 100% for the fight and many aussies have said that Mundine fought one of his best fights against Kessler. What's really there to suggest it wouldn't be a repeat of the first fight or if anything Kessler even more dominant?
    did u see the green fight,it was pretty impressive i thought..mundines come a long way since the kess defeat..mundines by far better than calzaghe and lacy and any other pretender in the SM division.
    ...the only one out there to test mundine is kessler,and he'll do a lot better next time./...when they did fight ,mundine performed ok, he took kesslers best shots and traded with him,like i said kessler will be facing a different , well ajusted,super fit fighter in mundine next time,which is scheduled for early to mid 2007..IMO

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe gets a lot of stick (and also too many plaudits from some), but history will be very kind to him when we look back at his achievements after he retires, I think.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000

did u see the green fight,it was pretty impressive i thought..mundines come a long way since the kess defeat..mundines by far better than calzaghe and lacy and any other pretender in the SM division.
    ...the only one out there to test mundine is kessler,and he'll do a lot better next time./...when they did fight ,mundine performed ok, he took kesslers best shots and traded with him,like i said kessler will be facing a different , well ajusted,super fit fighter in mundine next time,which is scheduled for early to mid 2007..IMO
    The only logical comment to that I can make is that if Mundine is super fit this time & more on point...he's still one step behind due to the fact that he'll most likely be facing a 100% Kessler.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...-manfredo.html

Manfredo interview from ringside at the Xcel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not sure he could ever beat Kessler... the match up is wrong for him... maybe if he was tought better from an early age he could, but he just didn't throw enough to compete with Kessler, and he didn't use enough lateral movement to stop Kessler from throwing in bunches because he would go straight back and get caught on the ropes alot. Kessler has great timing, and power, and he would probably beat anyone in the SMW right now.

Thread Information