Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default brawlers

just watched the mayorga vs tito fight again, what a fight, el matador took some heavy shots clean to the chin and kept coming forward till the end swinging big lefts and rights

guys like mayorga, vargas, who leave alot to be desired in terms of boxing skill and tactics have given us many great exciting fights even though they lose most of there big fights they go hell for leather till the end, gatti, holyfiled also great warroirs who turn up looking for a real teer up have became boxing heros for there im here to fight to the end mentalty

do you guys prefer a classic brawler to a classic boxing steady performing fighter, or are you a fan of runners like roy jones

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: brawlers

a good tear-up is always a good thing, but I love all styles of boxing.

I definately give respect to those that brawl, but I also respect a smart fighter with a good defense.

The mix of styles is what makes things interesting in my opinion.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I perfer a good fight. I don't care what styles they use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I perfer a good fight. I don't care what styles they use.
    Agreed, as long as it is entertaining it does not matter what style they use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like fighters who fight the best possible opposition.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My favorite ?

I would say the fighter that can do both.. the boxer / puncher.. Evander Holyfield for example.. in his prime Evander would get on his toes and box something beautiful, yet he was always offense minded and loved to mix it up on the inside. I think the great fighters are the ones that can change it up , the ones that are not predictable. fighters that have the ability to make adjustments throughout the course of a match .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still there is a significant difference between a boxing "brawl" which still has some semblance of sport and an MMA "brawl" which looks like two cavemen fighting over a brontosaurus carcass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    Still there is a significant difference between a boxing "brawl" which still has some semblance of sport and an MMA "brawl" which looks like two cavemen fighting over a brontosaurus carcass.
    Agreed !

I think the brawlers in boxing are unfairly viewed as less skilled then their pure boxer counter parts . It takes a tremendous amount of skill to cut off the ring , , find the openings, work the body , and close the show !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want to say that I respect the MMA participants. They could kick my ass without breaking a sweat, certainly. I just can't view it as a sport.

A martial arts duel of superiority is to be decided on a desolate stretch of beach or the rocky ledge of a remote waterfall. Everyone knows that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just want to say that I respect the MMA participants. They could kick my ass without breaking a sweat, certainly. I just can't view it as a sport.

A martial arts duel of superiority is to be decided on a desolate stretch of beach or the rocky ledge of a remote waterfall. Everyone knows that...
    the MMA ( kick boxing style programming ) is a sporting watch, I don't mind that so much.. However the Pro Wrestling themed matches in the cage are fucking ridiculous . In my opinion .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    My favorite ?

I would say the fighter that can do both.. the boxer / puncher.. Evander Holyfield for example.. in his prime Evander would get on his toes and box something beautiful, yet he was always offense minded and loved to mix it up on the inside. I think the great fighters are the ones that can change it up , the ones that are not predictable. fighters that have the ability to make adjustments throughout the course of a match .
    I won't say I'm overly surprised to see you raise the name of Evander Holyfield LG, as I do have an idea that you and he might be one and the same .
    All you have to do to see what type are the most popular is look at audiences. Gatti, Duddy, Calzaghe....they all love a good tear-up, and don't mind getting punched in order to loose off the big punches of their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    My favorite ?

I won't say I'm overly surprised to see you raise the name of Evander Holyfield LG, as I do have an idea that you and he might be one and the same .
    All you have to do to see what type are the most popular is look at audiences. Gatti, Duddy, Calzaghe....they all love a good tear-up, and don't mind getting punched in order to loose off the big punches of their own.
    Not me mate ! Evander would never use the language I use. I just respect the him a great deal and don't mind giving him his props,, I feel Holyfield more then deserves it , and wish him the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan of the sport I like good brawls....Anyone who says they don't like toe to toe action is a liar!!!!......Of course I love a good technical boxer who can do both...Box his guy silly and deliver a ko in the end to stop the show...Roy Jones was best at that...Out box his guy then KO him for good measure.......The only thing I don't like about these toe to toe guys is wqhat effects it brings them after years of wear and tear...You can only take so many shots b4 it effects you....in the words of the immortal words of legendary trainer to multi time Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa...."HURT YA BAD...NA KID IT'LL HURT YA PERMANENT!!!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Education with Balls, How its displayed doesnt matter.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuclear bull
    do you guys prefer a classic brawler to a classic boxing steady performing fighter, or are you a fan of runners like roy jones
    Whatever the style all I want is for them to do what they do with a passion and just do what they do as best they can.
    If they're a brawler, slug with a passion.
    If they're a technician, box with a passion.

To me, it's just as exciting to see someone like PBF masterfully wipe out Gatti with a beautiful boxing lesson for 6 rounds in the ring as it is to see Ward slug it out with Gatti in a brawl for 10 rounds.

Thread Information