Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New member: I like the site. Roy jones query and etc

Hi,

I'm from London. I have finally found a site worth joining as the other sites know nothing about boxing.

I was wondering if anyone knows who Roy Jones is fighting next and why the hell it takes so long for these guys to get the contract sorted and signed. I remember watching Tyson fight and he seemed to fight every other month! Boxing needs to come and stage some worthwhile fights.
    I also was wondering what you guys think of the kessler vs cowardzge fight later on in the year? Who has kessler fought to make him such a credible opponent? AND i do like Joe c but he just seems to always have a hand injury when it suits him, and he hand picks his opponents apart from an over the hill eubank and an overrated Lacy.
    When Nigel been beat Gerald McClellan, Roy Jones offered to fight Nigel Benn and Steve collins and Joe c around the same time but they were all to shook/scared to fight!
    I know Roy Jones has lost alot of quickness and hes just doing it for the money, and he likes to carry opponents but no one could touch him in his prime. Getting knocked out like that late in his career and loosing soo much weight after Ruiz are the reasons why he is like this today, but I hope he regains himself.
    In regards to Hatton I like him alot. And I think his best chance of winning is to hit pbf with a KO/shot to the body..that is the only way he will win in las Vegas.
    I know pbf might be a boring fighter but to win on points is just a level of fitness to the highest degree and he does it so well. I'm sure many of you here have done proper sparring before in a ring and 3minutes can seem like a lifetime. Thats why pbf will have the advantage, plus its a golden boy production and if you were a judge and one of Oscars aids slipped you 50k to go towards the champ..you know your gonna do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New member: I like the site. Roy jones query and etc

Quote Originally Posted by imp

When Nigel been beat Gerald McClellan, Roy Jones offered to fight Nigel Benn and Steve collins and Joe c around the same time but they were all to shook/scared to fight!
    You honestly believe that Nigel Benn was too scared to fight

You should stick to the other sites that know nothing about boxing. They seem to be at your level.

Have a cc, son, and try not to be too disrespectful to legends of the game.
    I'm never drinking again (I am a liar)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by taansend

You honestly believe that Nigel Benn was too scared to fight

You should stick to the other sites that know nothing about boxing. They seem to be at your level.
    What he said and... you like calzaghe but you call him Cowardzage? go figure...

Also, what has kessler done? apart from beat everyone out there at SMW? there is NO QUESTION kessler is the best SMW apart from calzaghe right now, its not even debatable period...

this is the fight everyone wants, even the di hard calzaghe and kessler fans, to then eutral fans..., yet you question it?

u say roy offered to fight joe around the same time been beat gerald? when been beat the g-man roy jones wouldn't of even know joes name, he had had roughly 10 pro fights agaisnt nobodys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imp, before I was going to tell you that people on this forum aren't exactly welcoming or tolerant of those who have less knowledge. But taansend already took the words out of my mouth. Despite some of the posters who have a great deal of knowledge (that'll change your perspective on boxing completely) the majority will belittle and condescend you... My advice, read the info thats worth reading and nothing else. This place is like high school, tons of information at your fingertips that is invaluable but there's always drama going on that should be ignored entirely (and unlike guys such as Wacko or BritKid, most posters don't know how to keep their emotions out of their post - even the more intelligent ones - maybe we should call them educated and not intelligent? ).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo
    Imp, before I was going to tell you that people on this forum aren't exactly welcoming or tolerant of those who have less knowledge. But taansend already took the words out of my mouth. Despite some of the posters who have a great deal of knowledge (that'll change your perspective on boxing completely) the majority will belittle and condescend you... My advice, read the info thats worth reading and nothing else. This place is like high school, tons of information at your fingertips that is invaluable but there's always drama going on that should be ignored entirely (and unlike guys such as Wacko or BritKid, most posters don't know how to keep their emotions out of their post - even the more intelligent ones - maybe we should call them educated and not intelligent? ).
    how does someone with 19 posts know birtkid? new account? or guest for a lonnnng time without mkaing ana ccount?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi,

I'm from London. I have finally found a site worth joining as the other sites know nothing about boxing.

I was wondering if anyone knows who Roy Jones is fighting next and why the hell it takes so long for these guys to get the contract sorted and signed. I remember watching Tyson fight and he seemed to fight every other month! Boxing needs to come and stage some worthwhile fights.
    I also was wondering what you guys think of the kessler vs cowardzge fight later on in the year? Who has kessler fought to make him such a credible opponent? AND i do like Joe c but he just seems to always have a hand injury when it suits him, and he hand picks his opponents apart from an over the hill eubank and an overrated Lacy.
    I know Roy Jones has lost alot of quickness and hes just doing it for the money, and he likes to carry opponents but no one could touch him in his prime. Getting knocked out like that late in his career and loosing soo much weight after Ruiz are the reasons why he is like this today, but I hope he regains himself.
    In regards to Hatton I like him alot. And I think his best chance of winning is to hit pbf with a KO/shot to the body..that is the only way he will win in las Vegas.
    I know pbf might be a boring fighter but to win on points is just a level of fitness to the highest degree and he does it so well. I'm sure many of you here have done proper sparring before in a ring and 3minutes can seem like a lifetime. Thats why pbf will have the advantage, plus its a golden boy production and if you were a judge and one of Oscars aids slipped you 50k to go towards the champ..you know your gonna do it.
    Welcome aboard the Saddo Express.
    You'll like it here as long as you can back up your comments you'll do fine. If you just say something out of nowhere and then don't back it up you'll be thrashed..... So think befor you speak/post and be ready to defend your arguement to the end.
    Oh! and don't mind drgonzo he's what we like to call a 'troll'....

Thank you for clearing that up cause we reeeaaaally needed you to point that out to us.

Question, since when we're you appointed site therapist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi,

welcome to my forum imp. one important thing about this forum is that we are always purging the membership lists. So in order to avoid you account being deleted. Use the search function, in the upper section of the page. Type Mad_Dog and find my profile. click on the link that says cool. Do this at least once a week. Daily if possible.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Hi,

Welcome aboard the Saddo Express.
    You'll like it here as long as you can back up your comments you'll do fine. If you just say something out of nowhere and then don't back it up you'll be thrashed..... So think befor you speak/post and be ready to defend your arguement to the end.
    Oh! and don't mind drgonzo he's what we like to call a 'troll'....

Thank you for clearing that up cause we reeeaaaally needed you to point that out to us.

Question, since when we're you appointed site therapist?
    Tell me I'm wrong

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks 4 the lovely reply. thanks mad dogg. Perhaps I was a bit hard on nigel benn. nigel benn is a warrior so I take that back. but you should not hype up keesler up too much, you know what happened to margarito.

Thread Information