Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pavlik: Taylor will fade!

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Pavlik: Taylor will fade!

Undefeated #1 middleweight contender Kelly Pavlik says his superior conditioning will make the difference when he faces champion Jermain Taylor for the middleweight title on September 29th in the highly anticipated, HBO televised clash. “He fades in the championship rounds,” Pavlik says. “We’re not going to be fading in those rounds.”

http://www.fightnews.com/hudson196.htm

I hope so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pavlik: Taylor will fade!

pavlik seems like a very very cool customer..

his entire attitude, simply shows a lot of confidence, but in the exact way needed.

there is not a lot of talking, just business. i remember him saying before the mirande fight, that he was gonna back miranda up, because he couldnt fight going backwards, and i was thinking, you wanna back mirande up, and remembering miranda manhandling abraham. but pavlik did ecAXTLY what he said he would do, and this time i certainly believe, he is gonna back his talking up in the ring.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its definitely a question, Taylor has faded before and Pavlik will be throwing a lot of punches, making Taylor work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh Taylor faded badly v B Hop and gassed v Ouma too,neother of those bring ANYWHERE near the pressure Kelly will. Pavlik shut my mouth when he knocked out Pantera,I hope he can KTFO JT too.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Yeh Taylor faded badly v B Hop and gassed v Ouma too,neother of those bring ANYWHERE near the pressure Kelly will. Pavlik shut my mouth when he knocked out Pantera,I hope he can KTFO JT too.
    Taylor's stamina is for certain suspect Hopkins fights were certainly not fought at a high pace well they wern't even fought at a normal pace let alone high pace they were very slow fights yet Taylor faded badly im going with Pavlik by TKO.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Taylor's stamina is for certain suspect Hopkins fights were certainly not fought at a high pace well they wern't even fought at a normal pace let alone high pace they were very slow fights yet Taylor faded badly im going with Pavlik by TKO.
    True they weren't high pace, but Taylor was also missing a ton of big shots in both fights, that can gas you out just as much as a high paced fight where your connecting at a good rate, especially when Taylor was very weary of Hopkins counter attack in both fights. He was wasting a lot of energy against Hop, which is exactly what Hopkins does to opponents. Hopkins is a master boxer, as crafty as they come. I wouldn't quite put Pavlik in that league. He's a lot more predictable in his attack, I imagine it will be much easier for Taylor to train specifically for his style and develop a game plan to offset it. Hopkins, Wright, and Spinks are just damn good technicians who always have another trick up their sleeve. I will concede that Taylor looked bad against Spinks though, he's going to need to up his game for sure, but I think he knows that. Im really looking forward to this fight, should be a good one.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    True they weren't high pace, but Taylor was also missing a ton of big shots in both fights, that can gas you out just as much as a high paced fight where your connecting at a good rate, especially when Taylor was very weary of Hopkins counter attack in both fights. He was wasting a lot of energy against Hop, which is exactly what Hopkins does to opponents. Hopkins is a master boxer, as crafty as they come. I wouldn't quite put Pavlik in that league. He's a lot more predictable in his attack, I imagine it will be much easier for Taylor to train specifically for his style and develop a game plan to offset it. Hopkins, Wright, and Spinks are just damn good technicians who always have another trick up their sleeve. I will concede that Taylor looked bad against Spinks though, he's going to need to up his game for sure, but I think he knows that. Im really looking forward to this fight, should be a good one.
    It will be interesting to see how good Taylor's chin really is he has never really been hit flush by hard puncher before so we will see what Taylor's made of in chin department Pavlik also throws alot of punches and we will also see how good Taylor's stamina is i agree with you i think this will be a great fight im going with Pavlik by TKO this fight will answer alot of question's.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really looking forward to this fight. I stand by my prediction. Taylor by knock out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I'm with VD on this one, this is Taylor's time to shine and I think he will do it.

COME ON JT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor hasnt had a KO in 5 fights. I think that will hurt his confidence, maybe give him a mental block.

This is such a big fight for Pavlik I think it would take a monster punch or a ton of accumulation to put him down and make him stay down. I dont know if Taylor can manage that.

I pick Taylor winning a lopsided UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My biggest disappointment with JT so far is that he comes off as uncoachable. I thought when Manny started training him he would become a much better rounded, good skills plus power fighter. So far, I think he might be worse than before Manny, and most of it is due to the fact that he does not listen to and then carry out Manny's instructions to him. In the Winky fight, he clearly told JT on many occassions, your destroying winky in the middle of the ring but when you get in the corner he destroys you. JT came out to the middle of the ring for a few seconds then right back into the corner, he also still shows no defense of keeping his hands up to block. Being an arkansan I love JT, hes my boy but if he dont do what manny tells him to in this fight, he will lose. Hope some of the things manny has tried to teach him are finally sinking in. Manny says that JT has the greatest potential physical wise of any fighter hes ever trained, but I'm starting to question JT's thinking capacity a little bit.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be interesting to see how good Taylor's chin really is he has never really been hit flush by hard puncher before so we will see what Taylor's made of in chin department Pavlik also throws alot of punches and we will also see how good Taylor's stamina is i agree with you i think this will be a great fight im going with Pavlik by TKO this fight will answer alot of question's.
    Hopkins can punch, and he cracked Taylor with some flush shots in both their fights.. Especially the first fight, where he landed some sneaky right hands after he'd already worn Taylor down considerably. I wouldn't put too much question into Taylor's chin. He can be hurt, but it's not as though he hasn't had it checked. Pavlik definetly punches hard though, so if he can land his big right enough he could hurt Taylor.. Id say there more question around Pavliks chin though.. It looked like Miranda cracked him hard, but he was being backed up the whole fight and cant fight off the back foot, they were arm punches. I suspect either Taylor or Pavlik are capable of hurting each other. I do slightly lean towards Taylor. Pavlik hasn't shown anything that Taylor hasn't imo. He's just as untested as Taylor was before fighting Hopkins.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looked like Miranda cracked him hard, but he was being backed up the whole fight and cant fight off the back foot, they were arm punches.
    [/quote]

That's a good point. The thing is I'm not sure how hard Taylor hits, he's one of those guys where he looks powerful but not sure really how hard he hits. I mean even guys like Bunema and Marquez he wasn't knocking them out with one punch, he was just wearing them down over the course of the fight. The only guy I can think of where he looked like a big puncher was Daniel Edouard, I'm not sure what that really says.

ICB Guest

Hopkins can punch, and he cracked Taylor with some flush shots in both their fights.. Especially the first fight, where he landed some sneaky right hands after he'd already worn Taylor down considerably. I wouldn't put too much question into Taylor's chin. He can be hurt, but it's not as though he hasn't had it checked. Pavlik definetly punches hard though, so if he can land his big right enough he could hurt Taylor.. Id say there more question around Pavliks chin though.. It looked like Miranda cracked him hard, but he was being backed up the whole fight and cant fight off the back foot, they were arm punches. I suspect either Taylor or Pavlik are capable of hurting each other. I do slightly lean towards Taylor. Pavlik hasn't shown anything that Taylor hasn't imo. He's just as untested as Taylor was before fighting Hopkins.
    Hopkins can punch, and he cracked Taylor with some flush shots in both their fights.. Especially the first fight, where he landed some sneaky right hands after he'd already worn Taylor down considerably. I wouldn't put too much question into Taylor's chin.

Hopkins wares you down with accumulation of punches he did not get to Taylor early and he did not ware Taylor down early with his punches so Taylor was able to take Hopkins punches im not saying Hopkins can't punch but he isn't devasting puncher he is the type of boxer that wares you down with his punches where as Pavlik will pressure Taylor straight away and Pavlik is much harder hitter than Hopkins so it will be interesting to see how Taylor takes Pavlik's punches.

He can be hurt, but it's not as though he hasn't had it checked. Pavlik definetly punches hard though, so if he can land his big right enough he could hurt Taylor.. Id say there more question around Pavliks chin though.. It looked like Miranda cracked him hard,

Taylor has been hurt but not by big punchers Wright doesn't hit hard i already explained about Hopkins and Ouma and Spinks are certainly not big punchers so i wouldn't say Taylor's chin as been tested that much he has took shots but not by big punchers i would say Pavlik's chin has been tested more than Taylor's because Miranda is solid power puncher and Pavlik walked right through his punches yes Miranda was being backed up but he still hit Pavlik right on the button and it didn't effect Pavlik one bit and he walked right through Miranda's punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after that post, its clear what you "hope" happens, but dont underestimate taylor, he has what it takes to hurt pavlik right back, should be a great fight.

Thread Information