Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo interested

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo interested

Just read these 2 seperate pieces of news. JT will most likely fight someone else before wanting a rematch and Giovaii Lorenzo,a very heavy handed fighter (but pretty danr slow and 1 dimensional imo) wants to challenge him. I think JT(going by the Pavlik performance) busts "El Chico Malo" up but any other JT,it could be a dangerous fight. Lorenzo has good power,in both hands but I don't recall him fighting anyone of note.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo interested

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Just read these 2 seperate pieces of news. JT will most likely fight someone else before wanting a rematch and Giovaii Lorenzo,a very heavy handed fighter (but pretty danr slow and 1 dimensional imo) wants to challenge him. I think JT(going by the Pavlik performance) busts "El Chico Malo" up but any other JT,it could be a dangerous fight. Lorenzo has good power,in both hands but I don't recall him fighting anyone of note.
    Finally someone has the bottle to face Lorenzo he has been ducked imo Lorenzo is heavy handed and has been in some exciting fights Taylor will win TKO late but this will be exciting fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo interested

at least he isnt getting in with a bum, im happy for Taylor and i think he can change to beat pavlik to be honest.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    at least he isnt getting in with a bum, im happy for Taylor and i think he can change to beat pavlik to be honest.
    Change ?? change what ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo intere

im starting to like jermain. good luck to him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor may take interim fight before Pavlik rematch: Giovanni Lorenzo intere

Sorry,I didn't say he is DEFINITELY fighting Lorenzo,more that JT is fighting someon and Lorenzo is calling him out.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByPacstraightleft
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Finally someone has the bottle to face Lorenzo he has been ducked imo Lorenzo is heavy handed and has been in some exciting fights Taylor will win TKO late but this will be exciting fight.
    I'm not sure about Lorenzo being ducked,I've seen no proof of that. He is a decent fighter but slow as heck! And I would not be surprised if no-one has even heard of him before to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just as I figured JT would do. What happened to all that " I want Pavlik definately for my next fight" b.s. He doesn't want any part of Kelly again; he'll lose 9 out of 10 times and would hate to get k.o.'d again by the same guy. Lol
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

SigmaMu Guest

I knew Taylor was not going to demand that rematch and force the clause. Taylor was brutaly knocked the phuk out and I doubt he will ever want to step into the ring again with Pavlik. There was a reason why Taylor was looking to fight smaller men and guys with no knock out power. And along came the ghost and whoop there it is!

I would love to see Miranda/Taylor at 168.
    Tell me this fight would not draw some interest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    I knew Taylor was not going to demand that rematch and force the clause. Taylor was brutaly knocked the phuk out and I doubt he will ever want to step into the ring again with Pavlik. There was a reason why Taylor was looking to fight smaller men and guys with no knock out power. And along came the ghost and whoop there it is!

I would love to see Miranda/Taylor at 168.
    Tell me this fight would not draw some interest?
    I'd love to see that fight. Also, assuming Kessler wins, I would love to see a fight with him and Taylor.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i personally feel Taylor had a lot of problems going into this fight. Them being he hasnt faught anybody with a true middleweight class, power and volume of power etc. He god the nod in his last couple of outings, but it just didnt have the same vibe as when he beat Hopkins. I feel he just couldnt hype himself for the fight and really didnt see that Pavlik would be a fighter that he would lose to. Although we knew he was a big name, i for one thought that Taylor would beat him. He simply couldnt finish him off, but he knows how to hurt and put him on the mat.

I feel for Taylor to show everybody that he is a world class champion, he needs to get in a big knockout and i feel this fight against Lorenzo could prove that. He knows he has to not take those stiff jabs like he did against Pavlik and keep away from those bloody powerfull right hands. I believe that the knockout came when he took a hard jab, you could see that Taylor didnt like that at all and he payed for it by getting stopped.

I believe by changing his game plan slightly and just trying to outwork and just keeping him away. I feel Taylor knows how to change this around to get the win, i just feel he was a good champion despite the critisim and i feel if he can beat hopkins, one of the best of all time, he can get a plan together to beat Pavlik.

SigmaMu Guest

Well i personally feel Taylor had a lot of problems going into this fight. Them being he hasnt faught anybody with a true middleweight class, power and volume of power etc. He god the nod in his last couple of outings, but it just didnt have the same vibe as when he beat Hopkins. I feel he just couldnt hype himself for the fight and really didnt see that Pavlik would be a fighter that he would lose to. Although we knew he was a big name, i for one thought that Taylor would beat him. He simply couldnt finish him off, but he knows how to hurt and put him on the mat.

I feel for Taylor to show everybody that he is a world class champion, he needs to get in a big knockout and i feel this fight against Lorenzo could prove that. He knows he has to not take those stiff jabs like he did against Pavlik and keep away from those bloody powerfull right hands. I believe that the knockout came when he took a hard jab, you could see that Taylor didnt like that at all and he payed for it by getting stopped.

I believe by changing his game plan slightly and just trying to outwork and just keeping him away. I feel Taylor knows how to change this around to get the win, i just feel he was a good champion despite the critisim and i feel if he can beat hopkins, one of the best of all time, he can get a plan together to beat Pavlik.
    Although I don't agree with everything you said, cc is still good 4 you.

I see you caught that Jab that put everything into place. That jab was sharp and so loud, it sounded like a Tito Trinidad POP. lol
    Kelly really knows how to close a deal with out getting excited. He has a killer instinct.
    I am not sure Taylor wants this rematch. The criticism will force him to fight Kelly again but I think Taylor will do everything in his power to avoid Kelly for now. The fact that Taylor and company did not go thru with the rematch clause says a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No disrespect intended Tam, but I don't know how he couldn't have had himself hyped for the fight If he couldn't, well he should be hyped now for a rematch, but seems he doesn't want one. Yeah Taylor knew how to put him on the ground, thanks in part also to Kelly making giggly faces at him and basically leaving the door open for JT to put him down. But he sure didn't know how to keep him on the ground, and couldn't come close to doing it again the remainder of the fight. People forget that even though JT can learn from his mistakes in this fight and rematch better, so too can Pavlik learn from his errors and come back better. It goes both ways. And which one is going to keep his head on right when it actually matters My guess is Pavlik.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry Tam but I totally disagree. Fighting Hopkins and fighting Pavlik could not be more different. Also,if a guy knocks you out,then that can and most likely does,have a mental effect on the fighter (JT). That was the best performance we've seen from JT in any of his big fights,and he got KTFO.

And you are spot on Legion,I've seen quite a few posters say JT will win the rematch,he'll learn from his mistakes,well the same principle applies to Kelly,if not moreso. Remember,the rematch would most likely occur at 168,so Kelly would not have to drain himself so much! I mean isn't he one of the biggest 160 pounders out there?!

JT and his team should be smart about this. 2 brutal ko's could be disastrous for Jermain's career,remember,he has already stated in numerous interviews that he does not intend on fighting on for long. He wants to make his $$$,give his family security.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION

No disrespect intended Tam, but I don't know how he couldn't have had himself hyped for the fight If he couldn't, well he should be hyped now for a rematch, but seems he doesn't want one. Yeah Taylor knew how to put him on the ground, thanks in part also to Kelly making giggly faces at him and basically leaving the door open for JT to put him down. But he sure didn't know how to keep him on the ground, and couldn't come close to doing it again the remainder of the fight. People forget that even though JT can learn from his mistakes in this fight and rematch better, so too can Pavlik learn from his errors and come back better. It goes both ways. And which one is going to keep his head on right when it actually matters My guess is Pavlik.
    Well i feel Taylor had so much critisism on his back and i just feel he was going downwards from it and not acting on it because hes taken so much abuse. I think after beating Bhop everybody expects so much from him and i feel its like a dark shadow over him that fight, that he had to live up to it or he would pay the price by getting the stick from everybody. But i feel being stopped by a hungry fighter was a good thing for taylor because he can approach his next fights like it can happen again, i think it will add to his hunger to rematch with pavlik and beat him. Although so your all saying he doesnt want it, well one day i think he should to show us he is of championship status. Lets just get behind him and hope he gets some decent wins behind his belt.

ICB Guest

Well i personally feel Taylor had a lot of problems going into this fight. Them being he hasnt faught anybody with a true middleweight class, power and volume of power etc. He god the nod in his last couple of outings, but it just didnt have the same vibe as when he beat Hopkins

Taylor was more impressive in Pavlik fight than he was in fights with Hopkins, Wright, Ouma, Spinks, Taylor was very sharp i was actually surprised how good he looked because i hadn't seen him that good in a long time.

Just because he beat Hopkins doesn't mean he can beat Pavlik styles make fights Hopkins was throwing very low output in punches something Pavlik is totally opposite to and Hopkins isn't really a devasting puncher something Pavlik is and also Pavlik has very good jab that he stuck in Taylor's face and was constantly snapping Taylor's head back with it.

I feel he just couldnt hype himself for the fight and really didnt see that Pavlik would be a fighter that he would lose to. Although we knew he was a big name, i for one thought that Taylor would beat him. He simply couldnt finish him off, but he knows how to hurt and put him on the mat.

Couldn't hype himself ?? he come out swinging straight away he looked very pumped up for the fight i don't understand what you mean by that comment and he put Pavlik down because Pavlik put his hands down and made silly face trying to show he wasn't hurt that was silly from Pavilk and its something he won't do again Taylor hit Pavlik with his best shots and could not finish him that will be in the back of his mind where as when Pavlik had his chance he finished Taylor straight away big difference.

He knows he has to not take those stiff jabs like he did against Pavlik and keep away from those bloody powerfull right hands. I believe that the knockout came when he took a hard jab, you could see that Taylor didnt like that at all and he payed for it by getting stopped.

Pavlik has longer reach so he will catch Taylor with the jab regardless because of the extra reach in the jab he can catch Taylor constantly on the counter so Taylor will not be able to stop that.

And as for what hurt Taylor it was the first right hand that had him out on his feet the second right hand sent him into the corner and Pavlik landed barrage of punches but the punch that set it all up was the first right hand.

He isn't going to outwork Pavlik no way and how can Taylor keep Pavlik away ?? Pavlik keeps coming right at Taylor using the jab its not as simple as your saying he has to get Pavlik's respect and by doing that he has to risk getting caught with counter shots from Pavlik he can't stay away unless he puts hurt on Pavlik and like i said theres always the risk of getting caught on the counter.

And as for Hopkins comment i will copy and paste what i said earlier.

Just because he beat Hopkins doesn't mean he can beat Pavlik styles make fights Hopkins was throwing very low output in punches something Pavlik is totally opposite to and Hopkins isn't really a devasting puncher something Pavlik is and also Pavlik has very good jab that he stuck in Taylor's face and was constantly snapping Taylor's head back with it.

Thread Information