Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Your Calzaghe-Hopkins Scorecard

With so much talk about the robberies whether it's people thinking Hopkins got robbed or the Calzaghe fans who say a Hopkins scorecard was out of the question, I thought it would be appropriate to post scorecards so we can see exactly where everyone stands on every round.

So I'll get things started off. The bolded rounds are the difference in the fight I would think, those are the swing rounds as I see them.

Hopkins = 1,2,3,4,8,10 = 114

Calzaghe=5,6,7,9,11,12 = 113 (with the knockdown point deducted)

I wish someone with a Calzaghe scored this one before I did because I'm sure mine will draw some criticism. The main thing though is how you favor aggressiveness and volume of punches versus Hopkins' one punch at a time style and his circling on the outside.

Rounds 2,6,7 and 10 were close. I gave 6 and 7 to Calzaghe while I gave the 2 and 10 to Hopkins. I thought the second round Hopkins subdued Joe from the outside and stifled Joe's workrate. Also, no jab from Joe in the second round. In the 10th, Hopkins was winning before he took the rest (which he was allowed to do) and came back to have a couple of his best minutes of the fight. He got a bit of a second wind and came back strong to win the round convincingly imo. However, the acting job he did probably prevented anyone from giving him the round.

I don't have any problems with someone scoring the fight for Calzaghe, I would have been shocked if they didn't actually because he was the aggressor and aggression wins in Vegas. I don't really agree with that especially since Calzaghe wasn't always effective as the judging criteria requires but that's the way it is.

I do however have a problem with a 9 rounds to 3 scorecard. That is beyond ridiculous. No way. I would have been fine with anything from 115-112 Calzaghe to 115-112 Hopkins. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds, not a lot of decisive rounds either way so that accounts for that margin. In the end on my card, I had Hopkins the winner because of that knockdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Your Calzaghe-Hopkins Scorecard

Dan Rafael had the same score as me, almost the same rounds after I just rewatched the fight.. I had 114-113 for Hopkins as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rd 1: 10 - 8 Hopkins
    rd 2: 10 - 9 Hopkins
    rd 3: 10 - 9 Hopkins
    rd 4: 9 - 10 Calzaghe
    rd 5: 9 - 10 Calzaghe
    rd 6: 10 - 9 Hopkins
    rd 7: 10 - 9 Hopkins
    rd 8: 9 - 10 Calzaghe
    rd 9: 9 - 10 Calzaghe
    rd 10: 10- 9 Hopkins
    rd 11: 9 - 10 Calzaghe
    rd 12: 9 - 10 Calzaghe

114 - 113 Hopkins

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    With so much talk about the robberies whether it's people thinking Hopkins got robbed or the Calzaghe fans who say a Hopkins scorecard was out of the question, I thought it would be appropriate to post scorecards so we can see exactly where everyone stands on every round.

So I'll get things started off. The bolded rounds are the difference in the fight I would think, those are the swing rounds as I see them.

Hopkins = 1,2,3,4,8,10 = 114

Calzaghe=5,6,7,9,11,12 = 113 (with the knockdown point deducted)

I wish someone with a Calzaghe scored this one before I did because I'm sure mine will draw some criticism. The main thing though is how you favor aggressiveness and volume of punches versus Hopkins' one punch at a time style and his circling on the outside.

Rounds 2,6,7 and 10 were close. I gave 6 and 7 to Calzaghe while I gave the 2 and 10 to Hopkins. I thought the second round Hopkins subdued Joe from the outside and stifled Joe's workrate. Also, no jab from Joe in the second round. In the 10th, Hopkins was winning before he took the rest (which he was allowed to do) and came back to have a couple of his best minutes of the fight. He got a bit of a second wind and came back strong to win the round convincingly imo. However, the acting job he did probably prevented anyone from giving him the round.

I don't have any problems with someone scoring the fight for Calzaghe, I would have been shocked if they didn't actually because he was the aggressor and aggression wins in Vegas. I don't really agree with that especially since Calzaghe wasn't always effective as the judging criteria requires but that's the way it is.

I do however have a problem with a 9 rounds to 3 scorecard. That is beyond ridiculous. No way. I would have been fine with anything from 115-112 Calzaghe to 115-112 Hopkins. It was a close fight with a lot of close rounds, not a lot of decisive rounds either way so that accounts for that margin. In the end on my card, I had Hopkins the winner because of that knockdown.
    Amat i had the exact same score completely im glad someone else echo's what i think as well.

XaduBoxer Guest

The judges scorecard:

Joe Calzaghe dug himself out of an early hole by taking most of the later rounds in his light heavyweight split decision win over fellow legend Bernard Hopkins on Saturday night in Las Vegas. Super Joe took seven of the last eight rounds on the scorecard of judge Ted Gimza (115-112) and nine of the last ten on the card of judge Chuck Giampa (116-111). Judge Adalaide Byrd, who scored the bout 114-113 for Hopkins, awarded Calzaghe four of the last six rounds. The first six rounds of the fight were difficult to score as the judges were fully in agreement on only the 10-8 first round. In the second half, however, five of the six rounds were agreed upon across the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

120-108 Calzaghe, if not for the KD. Nard never won a round. He ran all night. Calzaghe, the aggressor, chased him like some dirty ex-con, bitch-slapped Nard like crazy, all the while being restrained by the biased referee. It was a masterclass in boxing. Grace under pressure.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 Hopkins 10-8
    2 Hopkins 10-9
    3 Hopkins 10-9
    4 Hopkins 10-9
    5 Calzaghe 10-9
    6 Calzaghe 10-9
    7 Hopkins 10-9
    8 Hopkins 10-9
    9 Calzaghe 10-9
    10 Hopkins 10-9
    11 Calzaghe 10-9
    12 Calzaghe 10-9

115-112 Bernard Hopkins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Your Calzaghe-Hopkins Scorecard

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    1 Hopkins 10-8
    2 Hopkins 10-9
    3 Hopkins 10-9
    4 Hopkins 10-9
    5 Calzaghe 10-9
    6 Calzaghe 10-9
    7 Hopkins 10-9
    8 Hopkins 10-9
    9 Calzaghe 10-9
    10 Hopkins 10-9
    11 Calzaghe 10-9
    12 Calzaghe 10-9

115-112 Bernard Hopkins
    I thought pretty similar to this i was sat as the decision came through i never thought Calzaghe had won for one minute then he gets a 116-111 what a joke.Hopkins was the champ in his own backyard i just don't think Calzaghe did enough to win like ICE said the other day Calzaghe should be 43-2 he should have lost to Reid and Hopkins this Hopkins win was a proper gift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good bye B-Hop no more I have to hear form you BYEEEE!!!
    http://a669.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...5bc7041f4c.gif
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JLAQ View Post
    120-108 Calzaghe, if not for the KD. Nard never won a round. He ran all night. Calzaghe, the aggressor, chased him like some dirty ex-con, bitch-slapped Nard like crazy, all the while being restrained by the biased referee. It was a masterclass in boxing. Grace under pressure.
    what a stupid comment. bernard never won a round ? he ran he actually did a thing called lateral movement. you need to watch de la hoya - trinidad to see what running actually is. calzaghe was the agressor but landed nothing effective at all while being countered by hopkins effective leads. you can talk about compubox stats but they are completely unrealible.

Bad rep for you for such a shit and nuthugger post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe never really landed anything of substance like Hopkins did Calzaghe was the one who was down and the one who was hurt on a few occasions.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: Your Calzaghe-Hopkins Scorecard

Funny old game is scoring.

All three judges gave the 11th round to Hopkins yet I notice all you Hopkins boys gave it to Calzaghe...
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such a hard fight to score. Infact the hardest to score since Hopkins Taylor 1 imo. I think we all agree it was VERY close

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I scored it 115-112 to Calzaghe.

Cant find my score card.

Hopkins used every dirty trick in the book and he still got beat.

The ref should have warned Hopkins for his constant holding and taken a point if it continued.

THE BEST MAN WON.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not getting into the arguements of scoring.. Some of the rounds could have gone either way.. The first knockdown was definetly a knockdown, but certainly had no effect on Calzaghe being hurt.. It was a nice punch that had Calzaghe's feet squared up and obviously not balanced, and then Hopkins pushing forward to make sure Calzaghe went onto his ass..

No my stream was pretty crappy, but the other times I saw a punch get Calzaghe wobbling, it was a punch that had shortly followed a head clash.. So it could be argued that it was the butts that had Calzaghe almost out a few times... I don't think Calzaghe would have gone down in the first from the punch, if Hopkins did not continue to come forward and push him off balance..

100% agree though that Hopkins landed the better punches.. By far.. And did not run.. He was tactical. If he stood and traded with Joe, it would have been Joe's fight..

Everyone someone chooses as part of their gameplan NOT to stand their and go blow for blow with their opponent,,,, someone will accuse them of running..
    Boxing is a game of tactics, as much as it is a game of punching.. Hopkins is one of boxings best tacticians, and gave Joe one hell of a run for his money...
    Jlaq, i'll give you the benifit of this one, as you may be a hard core Joe fan and can only see this fight through one eye... But come some newer fights, I hope your fight analysis extends past just the guy you support...
    Hopkins performed better than any of Joe's previous opponents.. And if they fought 10 times, I have no doubt he could win at least half of those...

I don't argue with the Joe win which is already going against a lot of people, but calzaghe 120-108 is just showing a lack of respect for proper judgment of a bout.

Thread Information