Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Some Questions About When I was Gone

And just general thoughts.

OK, how did Lyle react to Sarah Palin being named McCain's VP pick? I probably know the answer, that he's playing the executive experience card but that's fairly laughable.

Is there a US Open thread? I've become like this diehard tennis fan and I've pretty much figured out the game between playing and watching it, know the basic strategies and everything I think I can deliver analysis now. If you asked me 2 months ago if I would become this giant tennis fan, I would have laughed you off but I've really kind of fell in love with the sport. Weird stuff. Where's Legion?

Khan got KO'd, that's pretty funny got to admit. I saw Majesty was still pretty ridiculous. That's just a jab at Majesty.

I applied for an internship at the Argus here, a local newspaper, midsized for here. Anyways, I was looking at the paper and read the letters to the editor, and I read one that said something like Bush had an anti israeli agenda. I laughed, and then thought it was weird how there are probably only two people on this planet that feel that way, both wrote letters to the editor and both got posted on here. I don't know, I actually kept the article it's in my room I'll come with direct quotes in all of it's silliness next time I'm on.

Tim Lincecum wioll be robbed of the Cy Young and that makes me sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Some Questions About When I was Gone

Well that fat ass b#tch Serena just won the finals a few minutes ago. Jelena blew 5 break points trying to take the second set because she was too busy watching herself on t.v. and laughing after she broke Serena; then couldn't hold serve to take it to a tie breaker, so John Coffee with tits won it.

Nadal got his ass smoked by Andy Murray, so tomorrow Fed and Murray will play the finals. Roger should win, but Andy has a winning record against Fed, 2-1 so who knows. I'll be happy if either wins, just glad it's not Nadal or Djokob#tch in the finals.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andy has been hitting an odd amount of errors especially with the forehand, I worry about that now that Andy has been able to play better defense but Roger is as good as their is blocking the serve.

Serena, Jankovic and Venus are my 3 favorite on the female side so the final was tough but entertaining at least. Kind of shocked that it wasn't the serve that beat Nadal, kind of gutted I really wanted to see Nadal-Federer.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    Well that fat ass b#tch Serena just won the finals a few minutes ago. Jelena blew 5 break points trying to take the second set because she was too busy watching herself on t.v. and laughing after she broke Serena; then couldn't hold serve to take it to a tie breaker, so John Coffee with tits won it.

Nadal got his ass smoked by Andy Murray, so tomorrow Fed and Murray will play the finals. Roger should win, but Andy has a winning record against Fed, 2-1 so who knows. I'll be happy if either wins, just glad it's not Nadal or Djokob#tch in the finals.
    Felt like a 2-live-crew flash back . Has skills though,pop's comes across like a prikc ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Andy has been hitting an odd amount of errors especially with the forehand, I worry about that now that Andy has been able to play better defense but Roger is as good as their is blocking the serve.

Serena, Jankovic and Venus are my 3 favorite on the female side so the final was tough but entertaining at least. Kind of shocked that it wasn't the serve that beat Nadal, kind of gutted I really wanted to see Nadal-Federer.

Well too bad Justine Henin retired or she would have won it again like last year. She was my favorite player on the women's side, and Jelena and Safina, who choked against Serena and got her ass whooped. Credit to Serena though, she is too experienced in these big matches to get sidelined by nerves or the big screen. I just can't stand her or her sister.

Andy is playing the best tennis I've ever seen him play; and he beat Nadal because he was able to go into long rally's with him and come out on top; though I think Nadal in his defense is tired after this long year. Andy's forehand is missing less than it used to, but his cross court backhand finds those corners very well. This should be a very good final tomorrow.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should have said Justine Henin would have been a favorite to win it this year; not that she would have. Not fair or logical to say she "definately" would have won. Venus and Serena have played very well so again credit to the skanks.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While I'm ranting I should say women's tennis is a joke.

They{especially Vanus and that dike Billie Jean Lesbo} worked so hard to get "equal pay" for women's players, but didn't seem to fight at all to have to play 5 set matches like the men. They should never have given them equal pay for less work.

That fat ho' Serena would have been lucky to ever win a final as her fat ass can barely win in 2; and loses alot of 3 setters because it gets too hard trucking that wide load around the court. Get back in the kitchen

Thank you.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Djokovic played well against Roddick, Roddick just seems to have lost it. He's like a gatekeeper for tennis.

Roger just outclassed Djokovic and played top level.

Serena was an animal man, just played well and overwhelmed Jelena.

amat,
    I know your busy and all but whenever you get the time if you haven't already seen this you gotta watch this.

I saw this one live on the telie when it happened and is one of my fav. matchups...

My fav. tennis players Andre Agassi so for me this was possibly the greatest game he played. When all odds were against him and the younger faster Blake was suppose to blast him out he pulled a rabbit out of a hat.
    Blake easily took sets 1 & 2 and started off well in the 3rd but Agassi fought back wining sets 3 & 4 sending it to a 5th set were both guys went back and forth and ended up tied at 6 a piece. To make this matchup even MORE intense the US Open is the only major where you play a tie break in the 5th set. That's like a penalty shoot out instead of overtime.

Heres a highlight video of that last set. I remember that day perfectly I walked in my house from work turned on the TV and it was about to start I started preparing something to eat and the rest of the night I was glued.
    I remember yelling and screaming the whole way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBxF_skxds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like this turned into the fucking Tennis thread

GO MURRAY!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Djokovic made me lose a tenner. I thought he would win, stupid twat. And I think Andy's record against Fed goes out the window because as he hasn't beaten him over 5 sets, big difference. Those were 3 set matches which he won. Also Federer had a rest yesterday and has the experience of grand slam finals. Murray doesn't. Though Murray is playing the better tennis atm and Federer's forehand is lost atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

My three are Ivanovic, Dementieva and Sharapova. No need to state why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick, Roddick is a gatekeeper and that is a great way to describe him. He never has been much more. The most viscious serve ever in the game, but that's it, though he has played well lately. Plus watching him play with his hat and yanking his shirt up makes me want to grab some valium

Novak is a c#ck!! His melodramatics on court are annoying at best. You know I dislike Novak when I'm rooting for Roddick to beat him. Watching Fed totally dismiss him was a highlight day for me. Him getting booed for acting a dillhead after the Roddick game was LMAO funny

And my fave match with Andre Agassi is against Medvedev in 1999 at the French Open. What a match!! Also his 1995 match against Sampras is one great one to watch.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

Djokovic made me lose a tenner. I thought he would win, stupid twat. And I think Andy's record against Fed goes out the window because as he hasn't beaten him over 5 sets, big difference. Those were 3 set matches which he won. Also Federer had a rest yesterday and has the experience of grand slam finals. Murray doesn't. Though Murray is playing the better tennis atm and Federer's forehand is lost atm.

That's a good point Lefty and I forgot they were 3 setters. Still, at least Andy seems to have his mind right and doesn't mope around all day like he was prone to do. I like his game. I want Fed to win as you know, but I'll be happy for Andy should he pull it off.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick, Roddick is a gatekeeper and that is a great way to describe him. He never has been much more. The most viscious serve ever in the game, but that's it, though he has played well lately. Plus watching him play with his hat and yanking his shirt up makes me want to grab some valium

Novak is a c#ck!! His melodramatics on court are annoying at best. You know I dislike Novak when I'm rooting for Roddick to beat him. Watching Fed totally dismiss him was a highlight day for me. Him getting booed for acting a dillhead after the Roddick game was LMAO funny

And my fave match with Andre Agassi is against Medvedev in 1999 at the French Open. What a match!! Also his 1995 match against Sampras is one great one to watch.
    Roddick is the most one-dimensional player out there. His backhand stinks. He comes on court thinking he's a male model with all his Lacoste shirts on.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick I think Aggassi-Blake was the first tennis match I ever watched in entirety I remember it very well. The tennis channel is great, plays a bunch of obscure opens so I get to see players I otherwise wouldn't have got to see.

I actually thought Roddick played well this open, certainly better then I've ever seen him play in my time following tennis. Though it's clear he's got nothing other then his serve, and he serve volleys alllll the time on his second serve which became incredibly predictable. I do have a severe disdain for Nosack Djokabitch ( ) although I will say he has probably the best offensive forehands out there but was also able to put the ball over Andy's head at the net more times then I could count. It's funny because I don't really hate many boxers, because there is the chance that they could die in the ring. I do make exceptions (Zahir Raheem, Derrick Gainer, other favorite fighters of Majesty) but tennis players are a bit of a different story so I end up hating a lot of them.

I fucking missed the final tonight because I had a damn astronomy class that the fog fucked over. I still don't know who won I'm holding out some false hope that it will be replayed but the Raider game is on. Oh well. I imagine Federer's experience will win out but Andy is having a bit of a dream tournament.

Some more, been watching a lot of Pete Sampras on the tennis channel and since I never saw him I never really realized how great he was. But he hit better shots on the run then Nadal does now, I mean he was just a beautiful player to watch. I wish I had begun following tennis at the beginning of the Federer era, I am catching the tail end now and have seen replays but really wish I could have seen someone so dominant in their prime and not at the end.

Monfils disappointed me exiting to Fish. I like Monfils and Nadal in particular because of their athleticism and how they never give up on any point or any set but after he got beat in the tiebreak then broken early in the second he just gave up completely which was very disappointing. He's all potential but he just doesn't seem to have the right mind for the game.

And I kind of agree about the 5 set for women. I think they deserve equal pay, but for the majors there is really no reason not to play 5 sets. Look at the final from Sunday, there is no way you can tell me that Jankovic wasn't ready to go a few more sets, she barely broke a sweat. Surely they can arrange it so at the very least you have to play 5 sets from the quarterfinals on, I know there is wear and tear but it's a major, it's not supposed to end in an hour.
    Last edited by amat; 09-09-2008 at 02:30 AM.

Thread Information