Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What are the chances that I got infected by Saddos Ads/pop ups?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default What are the chances that I got infected by Saddos Ads/pop ups?

My computer was acting up.

I reformated.

I have the same anti v now that I did before.

When ever I reformat, I try my darnest to never surf anywhere until I have my anti v and Opera installed first but this time I did not install my anti v or Opera and came straight to Saddo to send some one a pm. To my amazement, I was pounded with pop ups and I now see all the shitty ads on this site I did not see all these ads because I always use Outpost firewall that has an ad blocker but right now I am not using that firewall and I am just sticking to what comes with XP pro firewall wich is not very good Anyway.... Not a second after I got on Saddo, I was hit with a fake warning that said that my computer could be at risk and that I should download a program and it had two options continue or cancel and I of course hit cancel and I was still forced to a site that made it look as though it was actually scanning my pc with a progress bar, it tried this over and over btw. I can deal with the tribalfusion pop ups which are agressive but those other pop ups are bad. I swear, I heard other people complain about certain ads and I also swear that I had read other people complain about Saddo's site infecting people, if this is true, I ask Saddo to look into it, as it is not cool Now I might be wrong but I did not go anywhere else online but here first

Just a note, my anti v did clean up the trojan

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe - Win32/Agent.AQYT trojan

That was the trojan that was installed on my pc.

Holla back if anyone else has had a bad experience of this kind here.

Again I might be wrong but it never hurts to ask and my apologees to Saddo if it seems as though I am trying to cause problems because I am not.

Peace
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 12-03-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What are the chances that I got infected by Saddos Ads/pop ups?

yep.

some of the redirect pop ups are nasty little fookers laden with spyware. I had one blow straight through all my defenses...so was more a virus, then your typical spyware/malware. And a memory eater.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 12-03-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've had the popups blocked on Saddo for a while, as I was sure I got a virus from one of them in the past.. Havn't had a problem since I did that though, so all is good..

As a side note, I posted the below link a while ago on here when I had to fix a virus on my Laptop.. It was very stubborn and none of the things i'd just heard about here and there worked, but then I found this link and it cleaned everything up... I've since had to go through the process 2 or 3 times for things that have gotten onto various computers and it has always cleared it up..
    There is a bit of work involved as you run about 5 programs, but you can see that every single one does it's job and they all work together to get rid of ANYTHING that shouldn't be there...

Anyway, have a look if anyone has any problems with virus'

If you have infection issues start here first.. - Dev Shed
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Used to get problems Used to run AVG and a few other free ones spy sweeper etc but shit got through. Just bought Lava soft pro edition for three years ,best thing i ever did.One seemless programme thats hits everything, new updates sometimes up to three times a day.Was about $130 for 3 years. Im happy as,these Swiss dudes are really doing their job.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    yep.

some of the redirect pop ups are nasty little fookers laden with spyware. I had one blow straight through all my defenses...so was more a virus, then your typical spyware/malware. And a memory eater.
    Yeah, I've had some virtual memory problems lately too. Never used to be a problem. Definitely something is not right, memory is being eaten, though I would be hard pressed to figure where it came from. I really don't visit very many sites.

I'll be trying Lava Soft soon. I find that to be very good for spyware.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was feeling this last month in a mjor way.Redirects and failed log on?At the moment...I'm getting a feral Mouse click audio. I click & hear it for 30 seconds or so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, me too on the feral mouse click audio. just started last day or two. dozens of rapid fire clicks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One setting I always change on my Internet Explorer is to make sure that Enable third party browser extensions is deselected in Internet Options. This prevents certain types of malicious software from putting its hooks into your browser. I've never had a problem by doing this, but You can always change it back if it does mess up something that is necessary.

See the picture below.
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CGM View Post
    One setting I always change on my Internet Explorer is to make sure that Enable third party browser extensions is deselected in Internet Options. This prevents certain types of malicious software from putting its hooks into your browser. I've never had a problem by doing this, but You can always change it back if it does mess up something that is necessary.

See the picture below.
    Do you or anyone know what the equivelant is for Mozilla? I had a look in the settings and the closest thing to it is "accept third party cookies".. I have this enabled so maybe I should turn that option off and can always put it back if I have problems.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post

See the picture below.
    Do you or anyone know what the equivelant is for Mozilla? I had a look in the settings and the closest thing to it is "accept third party cookies".. I have this enabled so maybe I should turn that option off and can always put it back if I have problems.
    Third party cookies is something different than third part browser extensions, but I always disable third party cookies as well, never had a problem. Third party cookies is a privacy issue, it allows some people to track certain aspects of your internet usage. It is not a spyware or trojan issue that I am aware of, cookies shouldn't affect the performance of your computer, though some websites my load slower if you disable them.

First party cookies are necessary for any website that uses passwords or any kind of login, and some other websites such as cnn videos. Most other first party cookies are unnecessary.

I'm not familiar with Mozilla. I've heard it is more secure than explorer, so it may be there is no equivalent to third party extensions

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah, me too on the feral mouse click audio. just started last day or two. dozens of rapid fire clicks.
    Anyone else getting this ??Still this A.M ,has a rythmic sound pattern but does not effect function...just annoying as helz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    My computer was acting up.

I reformated.

I have the same anti v now that I did before.

When ever I reformat, I try my darnest to never surf anywhere until I have my anti v and Opera installed first but this time I did not install my anti v or Opera and came straight to Saddo to send some one a pm. To my amazement, I was pounded with pop ups and I now see all the shitty ads on this site I did not see all these ads because I always use Outpost firewall that has an ad blocker but right now I am not using that firewall and I am just sticking to what comes with XP pro firewall wich is not very good Anyway.... Not a second after I got on Saddo, I was hit with a fake warning that said that my computer could be at risk and that I should download a program and it had two options continue or cancel and I of course hit cancel and I was still forced to a site that made it look as though it was actually scanning my pc with a progress bar, it tried this over and over btw. I can deal with the tribalfusion pop ups which are agressive but those other pop ups are bad. I swear, I heard other people complain about certain ads and I also swear that I had read other people complain about Saddo's site infecting people, if this is true, I ask Saddo to look into it, as it is not cool Now I might be wrong but I did not go anywhere else online but here first

Just a note, my anti v did clean up the trojan

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\gadcom\gadcom.exe - Win32/Agent.AQYT trojan

That was the trojan that was installed on my pc.

Holla back if anyone else has had a bad experience of this kind here.

Again I might be wrong but it never hurts to ask and my apologees to Saddo if it seems as though I am trying to cause problems because I am not.

Peace

I would not think so Since Saddo checks these things very thouroughly before he attaches them to the sit but you never can tell what happens on the net.....My suggestion is to check your comp for some adware pop-ups that have laid in cookies that you think could have been the problem then send Saddo an email to see if he deals with any of these companies (The popups and the banners change so often hard to look for yourself)....If so he will check it out and fix the problem ASAP I am sure.....

Only suggestion I can make at the moment
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I ever see is the number of pops that get blocked... I've got good protection.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My Aunt's laptop crshed from coming on here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I've had the popups blocked on Saddo for a while, as I was sure I got a virus from one of them in the past.. Havn't had a problem since I did that though, so all is good..

As a side note, I posted the below link a while ago on here when I had to fix a virus on my Laptop.. It was very stubborn and none of the things i'd just heard about here and there worked, but then I found this link and it cleaned everything up... I've since had to go through the process 2 or 3 times for things that have gotten onto various computers and it has always cleared it up..
    There is a bit of work involved as you run about 5 programs, but you can see that every single one does it's job and they all work together to get rid of ANYTHING that shouldn't be there...

Anyway, have a look if anyone has any problems with virus'

If you have infection issues start here first.. - Dev Shed
    Yeah this site seems pretty good.

Another site that I have used for years is ªªHome of Gibson Research Corporationªª (Gibson Research Corporation) Steve Gibson has been well regarded since the early days of the internet and really knows his stuff. Internet Security is his specialty. Of particular interest is Shields UP!, an online utility which will test the effectiveness of your computer's firewall.

another good place for information is the Symantec site.

Viruses and Risks - Virus Protection | Security Response .

Symantec is the maker of Norton products

Thread Information