Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Final Thought: Why I think Evander Will Win

Forget about age for a minute. Forget about the critics, personal feelings about Evander still fighting, and take a few things into account. Evander is a young 46. He has taken care of his body and he is well rested. He looked phenominal at the weigh in. He looked 10 years younger than Valuev. People have already made up their minds that he is finished. He is the slower guy, he is the frailer guy, he is the guy that got dominated in his last title shot. All not true. Use your imagination. Do you think that someone of Valuevs stature is a normal 35 year old athlete in terms of agility, reflexes, speed, etc? Because he only has 1 loss on paper, does he really only have one loss? Hasnt he struggled with fighters in the past, to par with an old Holyfield or even lesser? And does Holyfield need to fight like he did 15 years ago to beat Valuev? Perhaps it is Valuev who is the older fighter tommorrow. Yes Evander is past it, yes hes been in too many wars, but will any of that be relevant tommorow? I dont think it will.
    Last edited by Boom Boom; 12-19-2008 at 11:12 PM.
    Only Forum Amature With Well Over 2000 Posts!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Final Thought: Why I think Evander Will Win

You put thought into your posts, which is a good thing, its not always the "cool" thing to do around here, but how can you forget about the age? He's 46. And yes he's kept himself in good condition but I don't agree that he's a young 46, he's been in a lot of hard fights, wars, taken a lot of clean shots, he's not Bernard Hopkins.

I guess anything's possible. I don't personally see it, not on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    You put thought into your posts, which is a good thing, its not always the "cool" thing to do around here, but how can you forget about the age? He's 46. And yes he's kept himself in good condition but I don't agree that he's a young 46, he's been in a lot of hard fights, wars, taken a lot of clean shots, he's not Bernard Hopkins.

I guess anything's possible. I don't personally see it, not on the road.
    Thanks man. I did put some though into this one, more than others. An former gold medalist boxer told me once that boxing is a "thinking mans sport." I try to apply it to not only my fights, but to my perspective on boxing in general.

True hes has taken a lot of punishment over the years, and you could be right that he isnt a young 46. But a cant name another 45 yo that could have lasted 12 rounds with Sultan or any world heavyweight champion, even winning some rounds. But I could be wrong he may have aged a lot more in his year off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You make a good case for Evander but I think this will finish him.

Good post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    You make a good case for Evander but I think this will finish him.

Good post
    Thanks, If one think is for sure about Evander it is that he will retire on his own accord. I hope it doesnt take a tragedy. Part of me wants him to win, and part of me wants him to lose, but there is no part of me that wants to see him in with one of the brothers, or any devestating puncher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of the Klitschkos,Chagaev and Valuev...Holyfield got the best chances to win against Valuev,but I don't think that Holyfield will win...I want him to...you know...this one last big upset,but I don't believe it will happen...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the passion and thought out reasoning Boom Boom and it pains me to not have it in my gut that Holyfield will pull it off tomorrow,But I can not go against the fact that Ive been clinching to hope and one final 10th round miracle from Holyfield for too long now.The size,the size.....and that jab though.I just think Holyfield will have to absorb a very taxing amount of damage to sustain any form of attack..........I want to be wrong,I hope I'm wrong,it will make my month.

This is the very first time I have ever doubted Evander,thought that he would not win a fight since his pro debut........head bowed and sorry to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield is one of my all time favorite fighters. I do not think he will win unless he catches Valuev with a good power shot early on. I don't see Holyfield winning a war of attrition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wanting the ole guy to win and thinking he actually can is two different things...and even if he does, what's next ?? That's all this old cack needs is encouragement, he wins saturday makes us feel good then gets his ass apollo creeded...
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am wondering what Evander found under the pillow to have this fight take place!

In 1996, when he first fought Mike Tyson, there already was a cloud of doubt put upon the legitimacy of that fight. Holyfield was coming from retirement, unexpected losses one after another from opponents not regarded to be in his league, and to top it... heart murmurs. That was TWELVE YEARS AGO!!! We all know he defied the "Las Vegas" odds to beat "Big Mike" that night and on prolonged his career.

Moving to the present... there is no doubt that he probably found the fountain of youth under his pillow, to be a party to this bout.

I hope he does not get hurt, but then again I'm sure he wont, for if something bad happens to him, it will spell doom to the integrity of boxing. There will be consequences that cannot be swept under the rug.

As far as I am concerned, this is not a good matchup, not even close. What it is, is a WWF type credibility slowly creeping up its influence, to put a huge question mark to the integrity in the sport of boxing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Love the passion and thought out reasoning Boom Boom and it pains me to not have it in my gut that Holyfield will pull it off tomorrow,But I can not go against the fact that Ive been clinching to hope and one final 10th round miracle from Holyfield for too long now.The size,the size.....and that jab though.I just think Holyfield will have to absorb a very taxing amount of damage to sustain any form of attack..........I want to be wrong,I hope I'm wrong,it will make my month.

This is the very first time I have ever doubted Evander,thought that he would not win a fight since his pro debut........head bowed and sorry to say.
    You may very well be right. I picked Pavlik to beat Hopkins, Oscar to beat Pac, Jones to beat Calzaghe so I am 0-3 in my recent predictions but this one is not so much a prediction, as it is a last flicker of hope for the Real Deal. Holyfield is like a real life Rocky. Logic has never really applied to his career when you think about it. When he left the cruiserweight division, how many people thought they were looking at a future 4 time heavyweight champion, or be fighting for a world title at 45, and now 46? Then again, he is only human and as you get older gravity does take effect and cells start to break down. Some things apply to all of us and the clock always does run out of time eventually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post

You may very well be right. I picked Pavlik to beat Hopkins, Oscar to beat Pac, Jones to beat Calzaghe so I am 0-3 in my recent predictions but this one is not so much a prediction, as it is a last flicker of hope for the Real Deal. Holyfield is like a real life Rocky. Logic has never really applied to his career when you think about it. When he left the cruiserweight division, how many people thought they were looking at a future 4 time heavyweight champion, or be fighting for a world title at 45, and now 46? Then again, he is only human and as you get older gravity does take effect and cells start to break down. Some things apply to all of us and the clock always does run out of time eventually.
    Oh so basically youve just jynxed Holyfield

Weve seen bigger upsets. For Evander to win he has to use that wealth of experience and possibly the headbutts that have helped him vs Foreman , Lewis and Tyson . With a bit of luck he will be a 5 time champ tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it is sick how this fight is happening

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Evander is a young 46. He has taken care of his body and he is well rested. He looked phenominal at the weigh in.
    No his Chemist Evan Fields has

Holyfield will be like a small punch bag, he hasnt got the legs or speed to mve around and offload combinations and he deffinitly hasnt got the stamina to outwork Valuev who for such a massive man can work very well.

Holyfield is gonna look ridiculous and I look forward to seeing him banged around the ring like a rag doll

Hes a dirty fighter who took HGH and other things to become a heavy and is a walking contradiction, quoting the bible while having 11 iligitimate kids from 7 mothers

I know what Mike did to his ear was wrong and he may well have been looking for a way out but I still laugh when I see Evander jumping around holding his ear

He was a good fighter (with the help of illegal substances) but now hes just a joke.

Hes not a big strong man like Foreman that can take punishment without budging and have a threat of a ko punch, hes too small, too slow and too tired to be successfull at all, hes very small, his waist is only 32"!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross being a Tyson fan i dont think you should question Holyfeild in his life decsions i mean come on i think Tyson fans just sore of the ass whiping there boy took against Holyfeild and they still want to get on his cases. And Holyfeild did get around alot but atleast he did not rape people.

Thread Information