Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else man enough to make the same prediction for Hatton Pacman as me?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anyone else man enough to make the same prediction for Hatton Pacman as me?

Ok I know we all have opinions on all the big fights, and usually if a fight results goes our way, or sometimes even if it doesn't we will come back with a kind of a smug glow and feel a bit chuffed over our 'rightness'.

Well in this fight I will openly admit I have absolutely no idea how this fight will play out.

Manny's speed is incredible, in fact the training clips we've seen on 24/7 look like they have been sped up but Ricky has never come close to losing at 140 lbs and he's looking in awesome shape too.

Manny looked sensational in beating Oscar De La Hoya but he was a shell of a fighter that night and I think if Ricky would have fought Oscar that night he'd have KO'd him inside 4 rounds like he did to Jose Luis Castillo. You simply cannot go into a fight 20 lbs below your natural body weight and hope to do well.

So I'm tentatively going to go with Ricky, certainly at 6/4 he's the smart money bet as it really is a pick em fight.

But this is purely to do with the betting, if Manny was 6/4 I'd be putting my money on him as I don't think there has been a fight in recent memory that was more of a coin flip than this one.

So does anyone else want to join me and boldy state beforehand that they have absolutely no fucking clue who is going to win this one, and thus give up all possibility of bragging rights and the chance to say 'I fucking told you!' on Sunday morning?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else man enough to make the same prediction for Hatton Pacman as me?

No I can't do that.

I've been running my mouth about Hatton too much. But I do agree that it can go either according to whoever gets it right.

I'm looking forward to mocking the Pac fans, but I'm also fearful of looking like a big spastic.

Either way, may the best....Ricky Hatton win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone else man enough to make the same prediction for Hatton Pacman as me?

I now come forward to reveal my expectations on this fight.

1st scenario,Should Ricky decide to brawl Manny as the bell sounds starting the fight.Then he will be bombarded with crisp combinations by Manny. If Ricky does not go down in the first round.Manny will continue landing his combis at will.

This will result in a KO win by Manny inside 3 to 5 rounds.

2nd scenario,should Ricky decides to box Manny intellegently by using lateral movements and land his vaunted bodyshots,the fight can be a toss up for the two protagonists.

I am for Manny winning this one.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't do it either Bilbo. As much as I want Ricky to win, I just can't see him dealing with the speed. I usually have so much faith in Ricky. I even believed he could cause Floyd problems. But in this one, I just don't see it. If it was one sided, I wouldn't be shocked, although I don't expect it to be.

Was tempted to put money on Manny winning on a cuts stoppage. Think I could get decent odds on being that specific.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The uncertainty is what makes it such a great fight. I wouldn't be surprised by any outcome.

Pac - early, late, pts. Ricky - early, late, pts. Cuts to both. Knockdowns.

You're right Bilbo, Hatton is the value bet for anyone that considers it a genuine 50/50 (you can get 7/4 in places).

100/30 for the stoppage appeals to me.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-01-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres way too many if and buts about this match up for me to try to make an educated guess. As good as they both are they have never been in the same circles, and we havnt even got past opponants to compare.

Not that it will stop me making a prediction. And mine is Freddie Roach will throw in the towel in the 10th. Or maybe the ref will step in. I dont see Pacman flat on his back being counted out but Hatton will stop him in the 10th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im leaning towards Pac, with Hattons chances depending on Pac's body being too vulnerable due to the size disadvantage, which is pretty much what everyone says. Very difficult to call.

Pac's improved his footwork over the last couple of years and can get in and out very well, he should be able to avoid Hatton's rushes for the most part while getting his own work in as Hatton isn't effective on the backfoot himself. Of course all that is null and void if the few shots that do get through from ricky prove to be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got 6/1 Hatton on points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6/4 is incredible odds for a 2 horse race which many in the boxing world consider a 50/50 fight.

Walking past the bookmakers yesterday i did indeed decide to put my money where my mouth is and lay 30 quid on a hatton win and 20 quid on hatton to get him in the 8th round.

Hatton is going to throw the heavier punches on the night thats pretty much a given - if you care to look at the weigh in tonight while manny will look slim and toned hattons completely beefed at 140 pounds and his body fits the weight an absoloute dream.

The only way i see hatton getting caught out tommorow night is if he indeed attempts to box manny instead of his usual toe to toe style which in this fight i see manny not being able to cope with for too long.

• If it goes the 12 which i extremely doubt then its hatton all the way as he`ll be far too busy to not get it on the cards
    • If it becomes an out an out brawl its hattons again
    • If its a boxing contest and hatton tries to slip and slide the master of the moving punch then its pacquiaos to lose and hatton will get stopped
    • If its a combination of the both above again i just see hatton being able to eventually walk through mannys speedshots and get off his own to far greater effect

As the fight draws closer i definitely find my undoubted confidence in a hatton TKO wavering through anticipation and nerves. But if i close off and analyse the fight as a mutual spectator i just get the feeling hattons just gonna be too strong at the weight!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My boxing brain is telling me I have no fucking clue who is going to win this one... but my english heart is screaming Hatton will win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope. Not one doubt in my mind Hatton is gonna smash this clown and bring his groupies back down to earth. Not one doubt at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Nope. Not one doubt in my mind Hatton is gonna smash this clown and bring his groupies back down to earth. Not one doubt at all.
    Just for my enlightenment,since when did PACQUIAO become a clown

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by happytrip View Post
    When he dressed like a French homosexual and started giggling like a schoolgirl during the staredown....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    When he dressed like a French homosexual and started giggling like a schoolgirl during the staredown....

On the Vegas press conference? yeah!lol

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

On the Vegas press conference? yeah!lol
    Yep, that's it. Seemed to be wearing a beret or something. Both fighters have strange tastes in head gear.

Thread Information