Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Puerto Rico taking another shot at Mexico BOMBA GONZALEZ vs SEGURA

Gonzalez wants to get revenge and Calderon is training him for this bout..

Is Bomba ready for Segura?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love the thread title.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Puerto Rico taking another shot at Mexico BOMBA GONZALEZ vs SEGURA

Calderon will be very helpful to Gonzalez. He'll teach him which part of the ring is the best place to take a knee and get counted out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Calderon will be very helpful to Gonzalez. He'll teach him which part of the ring is the best place to take a knee and get counted out.
    He can always ask Cotto too..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess Angulo watched the same tape before quitting against Lara, funny how you never mention how he bitched out of that fight when mentioning quitters, but back to the thread, Segura was able to stop an ancient feather fisted Calderon who's speed, and movement had depleted, now he'll be facing a big banger who is big for his weight class, Segura will take another ass whooping like he did against Viloria

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Guess Angulo watched the same tape before quitting against Lara, funny how you never mention how he bitched out of that fight when mentioning quitters, but back to the thread, Segura was able to stop an ancient feather fisted Calderon who's speed, and movement had depleted, now he'll be facing a big banger who is big for his weight class, Segura will take another ass whooping like he did against Viloria
    I must of missed it. Exactly who is Angulo advising or training in this fight? Gonzalez or Segura? No one. Yet here he is being brought up in a fight involving Flyweights. Whatever. Segura has two wins over Calderon. But it's hard to credit Segura with two stoppages. Cuz Calderon quit. Not once. But twice. Calderon proved not once but twice that he couldn't beat Segura. So what exactly does he think he's gonna teach Gonzalez?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

C'mon bro that's not fair at all.. Angulo's orbital was freakin broken man. Had he continued, dude could have turned blind. You are reaching with that one.

There are certain circumstances where it's ok for a fighter to retire and that was definitely one of them..

And correct me if im wrong but wasn't Calderon the favorite heading into the first Segura bout?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    C'mon bro that's not fair at all.. Angulo's orbital was freakin broken man. Had he continued, dude could have turned blind. You are reaching with that one.

There are certain circumstances where it's ok for a fighter to retire and that was definitely one of them..

And correct me if im wrong but wasn't Calderon the favorite heading into the first Segura bout?
    He sure was. He was expected to easily out box the crude Segura. And he had every advantage going in. The fight was in Puerto Rico. In a big ass ring. With a Puerto Rican ref and 2 Puerto Rican judges.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can look back on the threads on here and it was a toss em up on here, I had even picked Segura to win the fight due to the fact that Calderon hadn't looked good in his last couple of bouts, his speed and movement was clearly deteriorating the man was about 35 when he took on Segura, that's old in any division, it's ancient at 108

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can look back on the threads on here and it was a toss em up on here, I had even picked Segura to win the fight due to the fact that Calderon hadn't looked good in his last couple of bouts, his speed and movement was clearly deteriorating the man was about 35 when he took on Segura, that's old in any division, it's ancient at 108
    Calderon quit in the first fight. But he was fighting and giving it his all before he quit. It would be easier to give him a pass if he would of just left it at that and call it quits. Eventually the young takes out the old. But that wasn't the case. Instead Calderon made up some bullshit excuses about being injured going in and wasn't able to have the training camp he wanted. He signs for the rematch and quits again. What makes it worse is he went in there looking to quit. Cuz he didn't even fucking try. Calderon didn't go out on his shield. He went out on his knees. That's not opinion. It's a fact. So again what exactly is he going to teach Gonzalez?

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw Segura's 8th pro fight. Bunch of young guys fought that night. The main was Jesus Soto-Karass; before that Antillon, Segura, and Alvarado fought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys taking shots at Calderon. This guy was really good in his prime. Never a puncher (alhough in his first few pro fights he was introduced as a massive puncher by commentators) but had a great ring iq. Good foot movement , speed. If he had power, he would be a legend. Just saying

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was never thrilled by Calderon's fights but I do have alot of respect for him. Most, if not all the opponents he faced were much bigger than him and on top of that he was featherfisted so he had to box to a near perfection in order to win every bout..

With that said, it's amazing how he managed to stay undefeated for as long as he did..

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This forum is getting so predictable.

You got Finito and Violet playing Laurel and Hardy to each other.... with Finito starting baiting, trolling threads about Mexico vs Puerto Rico... and Violet coming in on cue to spew his mono-syllable bullshit and further stir up the shit.

It's all designed to draw either ElTerrible or myself in, and start the cyber war all over again. Between that and Finito starting some "Look at me I'm a macho man woman lover" threads to remind us that he's not really a closet homosexual.

Then... if one of us DOES get drawn in... the insult-trading starts, usually ending with the thread being moved and one or more of us getting warned for bad behavior. Does that adequately cover the ad nauseaum M.O. of these threads?

I've chosen not to read the posts on the thread, but rather insert my two cents and move on. Let Finito and VD expose their true selves to the forum..... it works better than any snappy retort I may come up with.

Carry on....

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    This forum is getting so predictable.

You got Finito and Violet playing Laurel and Hardy to each other.... with Finito starting baiting, trolling threads about Mexico vs Puerto Rico... and Violet coming in on cue to spew his mono-syllable bullshit and further stir up the shit.

It's all designed to draw either ElTerrible or myself in, and start the cyber war all over again. Between that and Finito starting some "Look at me I'm a macho man woman lover" threads to remind us that he's not really a closet homosexual.

Then... if one of us DOES get drawn in... the insult-trading starts, usually ending with the thread being moved and one or more of us getting warned for bad behavior. Does that adequately cover the ad nauseaum M.O. of these threads?

I've chosen not to read the posts on the thread, but rather insert my two cents and move on. Let Finito and VD expose their true selves to the forum..... it works better than any snappy retort I may come up with.

Carry on....
    Stop being so melodramatic, Tito. lol Nobody is out to get you, boo boo..

You'd realize that I was giving huge props to Calderon if you read my last post so I dont know where you are coming up with all this theory of baiting and whatnot.

You are just being sensitive because many of your fighters have been getting beat lately so whenever a topic like this one is brought up, your inferiority complex comes into play and gets u all bent out of shape.

I dont know how you feel but I happen to like you and ElTerrible and enjoy getting into friendly debates.. Never have I felt any kind of ill feelings towards you guys while talking about Cotto, MArgarito etc. u know what i mean.

You are making your own interpretation of things and getting offended but it's really aint about that so cheer up.

Thread Information