Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Selby-Eric Hunter (AJ 02 undercard)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lee Selby-Eric Hunter (AJ 02 undercard)

Don't know much about Hunter but he looks pretty slick/quick to me. He has two losses by DQ - one for goolie shots and the other for ironing on the break.

Going by the styles it could be a tricky fight to score. Hunter is 12/1 to win on PTS/generally 5/1 to win.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lee Selby-Eric Hunter (AJ 02 undercard)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Don't know much about Hunter but he looks pretty slick/quick to me. He has two losses by DQ - one for goolie shots and the other for ironing on the break.

Going by the styles it could be a tricky fight to score. Hunter is 12/1 to win on PTS/generally 5/1 to win.
    Proper tricky fight this one for Selby. Hiding to nothing sort of fight. Fancy a fiver on Hunter at those odds. Could lose his cool though. He's slick, fast and tricky. Reminds me of a lighter Zab Judah. Don't know if that's a good thing or not

The goolie shot DQ was the only time he's really been outclassed against Luis Franco, but Franco is a good technician by all accounts. Was a very good amateur and would have won more if it weren't for Gamboa, Rigo and Ugas.

Don't think Selby is being handled all that well. Thought the Montiel one was risky, and so is this one for me.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like it that they put Selby in with some live opponents. After all, he's a World Champion, that's what they're supposed to do.
    Selby has a lot of talent and a lot of self-belief, he's also big at the weight and does dominate opposition.
    Let's hope he wins and keeps fighting testing fights.

Mentioned
    1680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Selby is quality do not worry he will win.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tricky to find much of Hunter, the DQ against Mike Oliver was a first round KO win as far as I'm concerned, it was even less controversial than that Barthalemy-Mendez fight where basically the same thing happened. Does seem like quite a tricky opponent, but I don't rate Selby as high as some people seem to.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that DQ could have been classed as a KO with different officials.

Darren Barker was involved in a very similar instance with Paul Samuels. Chinned him after the ref called "stop boxing" yet Barker was awarded the win.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hunter is Selby's mandatory.

He's probably happy to be fighting back at the 02 on a massive card after the one man and a dog show last time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hunter is Selby's mandatory.

He's probably happy to be fighting back at the 02 on a massive card after the one man and a dog show last time.
    Yeah didn't realise it was his mandatory til the other day. It's a hiding to nothing sort of mandatory really. Hopefully Selby can sneak it out.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I like it that they put Selby in with some live opponents. After all, he's a World Champion, that's what they're supposed to do.
    Selby has a lot of talent and a lot of self-belief, he's also big at the weight and does dominate opposition.
    I don't think they need to molly coddle Selby along too much, he's a tough kid and he's got great slick skills, so I doubt he'll struggle with this fight. The main issue is he doesn't have a huge fanbase, so he's going to have to be fighting as co-headliner rather than picking up fights where he is a sole headliner. Nonetheless, he's making good progress, and I'm confident he can see this one out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I don't think they need to molly coddle Selby along too much, he's a tough kid and he's got great slick skills, so I doubt he'll struggle with this fight. The main issue is he doesn't have a huge fanbase, so he's going to have to be fighting as co-headliner rather than picking up fights where he is a sole headliner. Nonetheless, he's making good progress, and I'm confident he can see this one out.
    As a Welshman, any idea why he doesn't have a big fan base? I thought he'd be the type of guy the whole country would get behind, and there are some big fights in and around his weight division. There's an opportunity to build up something big, especially with his brother coming through maybe a Millennium stadium thing in time.
    I saw a documentary on him, he's a bit deeper than what you see on the surface. I like the guy , and I like him as a boxer too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he needs a defining fight - one that cements him as world class to really get the public behind him. Calzaghe had the win over Eubank that really brought him front and centre in terms of popularity, so Lee Selby could do with a fight against a really big name - even one that is a little bit dusty and faded.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a Welshman, any idea why he doesn't have a big fan base? I thought he'd be the type of guy the whole country would get behind, and there are some big fights in and around his weight division. There's an opportunity to build up something big, especially with his brother coming through maybe a Millennium stadium thing in time.
    I saw a documentary on him, he's a bit deeper than what you see on the surface. I like the guy , and I like him as a boxer too.
    He's likeable but not overly charismatic, doesn't have a style that appeals to the casuals and isn't being matched in a way where he can bowl out his opponent in a couple of rounds.

I think he's a great watch personally. He's got some good skills.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that DQ could have been classed as a KO with different officials.

Darren Barker was involved in a very similar instance with Paul Samuels. Chinned him after the ref called "stop boxing" yet Barker was awarded the win.
    Difference of being a home versus away fighter. Ref last night was shocking for this fight

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I met him in Vegas and he is a really nice guy but he seems quite shy. I dont think he interviews the best either so maybe the general public dont think he has much of a personality.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Hunter was a complete twat in that fight. He simply showed contempt towards the referee all the way through, sneering and pouting at him. He wouldn't even look at him most of the time.

Disrespectful tosser. What a poor role model for young amateurs ..... and what an effective way to turn the ref against you for the whole fight.

Dickhead.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information