Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Happy 4th of July

Yes, we kicked the Brits asses. One may argue they one in European warfare standards of the as having taken our capital and most major cities but we showed them how real men fight. Glad we are friends now regardless. One British general, I forget whom said " Washington didn't out war us, he out spied us." Washington had put together a network of spies which we refer to as the culpepper network, the identity of these people was not figured out until the 1990's. Quite impressive enjoy the day. I'm cooking lobster on the grill later

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Happy 4th of July

Did this all start by spilling tea into the water?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Nah your goys got to power hungry and let thugs in redcoats abuse people. Had you just chilled with the shit we might still be an empire

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Nah your goys got to power hungry and let thugs in redcoats abuse people. Had you just chilled with the shit we might still be an empire
    You would have loved it. Playing cricket, drinking tea and not having guns. You really messed up bad.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is dead cattle on the grill, an abundance of shitty domestic beers and your garage door is open with speakers enriching the neighborhood. 'Merica

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You would have loved it. Playing cricket, drinking tea and not having guns. You really messed up bad.
    I do enjoy tea

El Kabong Guest

I do enjoy tea
    The taxes were a bit of an issue......oh and shooting peaceful citizens for protesting was probably a bad move on the part of the Red Coats as well

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think three quarters of the British Army were in Europe fighting Napoleon, so not many troops were ever sent to America. It seems the Brits weren't that bothered about keeping the US as a colony at the time. Strange, bearing in mind how much natural resources etc were there?

Anyway, happy Independance Day to our American cousins, and also to Filipinos who also celebrate their independence on 4th July (from America)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I think three quarters of the British Army were in Europe fighting Napoleon, so not many troops were ever sent to America. It seems the Brits weren't that bothered about keeping the US as a colony at the time. Strange, bearing in mind how much natural resources etc were there?

Anyway, happy Independance Day to our American cousins, and also to Filipinos who also celebrate their independence on 4th July (from America)
    Oh so your being ironic eh. I don't think you can compare the us and it's brief attempt at empire, the Philippines was not the only one to England who had it down to a science. You sent more than enough troops, ships and armaments here to beat us you were just outwitted.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

India celebrate 70 years of independence from Britain in August.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

India celebrate 70 years of independence from Britain in August.
    India is strange, it's becoming an economic powerhouse yet remains so backwards I suspect a lot of corruption afoot in India. Master we had a Indian dr doing an internship at my other job, he was telling me the number of different dialects India has. I forgot the number but it was staggering, he suggested this is one issue that makes it difficult to pull the country together. I'm just relating his opinion
    Last edited by walrus; 07-06-2017 at 08:21 AM.

El Kabong Guest

During the War of 1812 but not during the American Revolution brah.....I'll have to double check with Beanz to make sure this isn't "drowning out a poster"

As for the Filipinos who celebrate their Independence Day the same as ours you might want to study up on that too....The United States whupped Spain and paid a little money to earn the Philippines, then the Filipinos attempted to revolt (and got their asses kicked), and then as the United States was working things out so that the Pinoys could rule themselves Imperial Japan sucker punched us, took the archipelago which Gen Douglas McArthur swore he'd return to and liberate and he did AND July 4th 1946 the Philippines celebrated their Independence via the Treaty of Manila 1946

Is it some kind of "en vogue" thing to be gratuitous with the backhanded compliments to the United States on the day when we celebrate our Independence?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stiff upper lip.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beleive it or not George Washington leaked fake plans for a bakery made to feed an army in the north while getting ready to attack the English in the south and the British bought it. Of course I'm greatly abbreviating the story but it shows how gullible the Brits are

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

During the War of 1812 but not during the American Revolution brah.....I'll have to double check with Beanz to make sure this isn't "drowning out a poster"

As for the Filipinos who celebrate their Independence Day the same as ours you might want to study up on that too....The United States whupped Spain and paid a little money to earn the Philippines, then the Filipinos attempted to revolt (and got their asses kicked), and then as the United States was working things out so that the Pinoys could rule themselves Imperial Japan sucker punched us, took the archipelago which Gen Douglas McArthur swore he'd return to and liberate and he did AND July 4th 1946 the Philippines celebrated their Independence via the Treaty of Manila 1946

Is it some kind of "en vogue" thing to be gratuitous with the backhanded compliments to the United States on the day when we celebrate our Independence?

There's no irony meant on my post. I thought that the Brits were mainly fighting in Europe during the War of Independance. I might be wrong, and if so I stand corrected.

I went to a pub quiz last night, and one of the questions was who else celebrated their Independance on 4th July, which I why I knew it was the Phillippines. It sort of makes a nice touch that the US gave them their Independance on the same day as their own one.

maybe you guys are so busy fighting battles on other threads that you are a bit conditioned to expect a dig or criticism

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information