Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
ha, immense

but ill gladly accept your bait

quantity v quality?

we have gone from 1 dominating, this is when the quality was?

and since then there is no quality?

if I understand you correctly, Wlad is a higher quality than the names mention in the op?
It’s by in large the same group of fighters acting the same way. The only difference is now they have access to belts they couldn’t get before because of Wlad. The moment Fury won the fight, the powers at be stripped him and started to threaten him. Why didn’t they do that with Wlad? I didn’t say there was none of anything. I said its a measure of quality over quantity. It’s going to look better that’s for sure IF these people fight. And Wlads not even out of the picture. He could beat Fury. The what? We hope he retires. Time will tell and I didn’t say Wlads quality was better or that he was. These guys for the most part could not solve the puzzle in 11 years. So if we are going to talk about quality….
This division has an opportunity to right itself but I got this feeling because of what’s happening elsewhere that all we are going to see is a pose off.
one of those fighters took the belts off wlad, so they could have accessed the belts at any time during the last 10 years

and wlad was at his best when that happened, he was coming off a couple of his best ever wins

wlad was shit, held more than he punched and got all the favours in the world when he fought, he generated so much money in Germany he could get away with so much in the ring, they did anything to keep him champion

so in my opinion the quality is much higher now than it has been at any time in the last 10 years, the only fighter that can really argue is Vitali
And my point is that it appears more competitive because there is no Wlad. Good or bad nobody could solve the puzzle. Yes Fury did but lets put that fight where it belongs. It had the worst punch output in heavyweight championship history and Wlad looked like a deer in the headlights until the 12th round. Good for Fury but everyone saw what happened. Yes there is some new blood in Fury and Joshua and Ortiz but the overall quality is the same as it was. Shite. And when you add the protectionist fervor to the mix well it speaks for itself. The Wba has to do its own tourney to figure out who its real champion is.
fury solved the puzzle against wlad when wlad had just come off 2 of his best 4 ever wins, so you'd have to argue it was wlads peak in terms of results

that suggests that the quality is there today

for 10 years it was wlad and vitali that's it, now we have a few quality heavyweights, one of which is better than wlad at his peak

and punch output is irrelevant
Wald best wins were Haye in 2011 and Alexander in 2013 Fury beat a 40 year old Wlad that is not a peak Wald i am sorry. No heavyweight champion has ever been peak at 40 i know you hated he was champ for so long but there no need to say such silly shit dude it is just nuts.
wlads best wins are probably haye, provetkin, pulev and Jennings

haye at 35ish, provetkin at 37ish, pulev at 39ish and Jennings at 40ish

so in terms of results you have to say it was pretty close to his peak