Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
Garcia stops Linares who’s had an easy ride beating overrated British fighters. He’s made nice money over here but his trip back to America won’t be so kind and he’s getting a reality check
For some reason and of all fighting champs "easy ride" and Linares just doesn't roll off the tongue. Not every guy can have their 'overrated' British opponents imported to some Arena named after our mobile carriers in the States for them .

More I watch I can't see Garcia - Linares as a first or second choice, Garcia is all over the map as he's been in Cotto crappy catch weight talk all the way to 135. Have to appreciate a meteoric return after time out and the man has many options. I'd like to see him more centered and for promotion to stop playing the shuffling deck with 4,5 rotating door weight divisions. It's like a Waffle house menu for Garcia and they need to eat already! Just went full Teddy.
Agreed. 135 offers great fights anyway. Linares, Loma has talked of a move to 135, Easter, if Davis stays out of prison and gets his head straight that possibility is there, Berchelt might move up. Lots of options and 147 is a bridge too far, and 140 will be rather hallow without Crawford. Nothing wrong with defending a title from time to time either.