Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
Floyd is too old, small and irrelevant now to take on Canelo now.
This is why I get angry about boxing talk. This is a lie and you know it’s a lie but you have no problem saying it. I see this crap multiple times a day. (Not necessarily from you)I don’t even understand the thought process that makes people think lying to each other is okay. What is the purpose?

Exactly where is the lying part? "Too old"?? Floyd's 41, and would be 42 by the time a Canelo fight would be made. Forty-two is ancient for the smaller weights.

"Too small"?? You're kidding, right? Canelo could easily pass for a cruiserweight..... and Floyd has ZERO business going within sniffing distance of 160. Overruled.

"Too irrevelant"?? This one must be the lie, I guess. So you feel Floyd is still relevant in boxing today? (cough)..... Well... you're certainly entitled to your opinion (chuckle).
To be fair if Floyd announced he was returning to fight Canelo at 160, that would be big time relevant. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Agree with the rest. Ron are you saying Floyd could return and defeat the current Canelo?

Master called Floyd irrelevant, which I personally believe he is. Those still hanging on to shreds of hope he'll come back are quickly dwindling in number, IMO. Of course if he signs to fight Canelo it'll be relevant in boxing, no matter how "circus-y" it is. But it's a sad statement to make for boxing, that a 41-year old retiree who hasn't had a legitimate boxing match in three years can still make a fight like this relevant.
If he's going to hang around, I'd prefer he fight Canelo, or even fights with Spence, Crawford at 147, or Hurd, Charlo at 154. Or Mikey at 150 , rather than McGregor or Pac. Otherwise I'm not interested.

He knows at this point Spence or Crawford would kill him, and at a weight he's supposed to be comfortable at. Ditto Hurd and Charlo.

With Canelo he can always say, oh... but how could anyone have expected me to beat that monster at 160. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Nightmare scenario: Floyd fights Canelo at 160.... loses.... adds to Canelo's myth.... while having a good excuse to have lost his "0".

But you're right. Pacquiao is been there done that, and McGregor is (shudder) just ridiculous shet.
Or worse, Mayweather takes the challenge, wins and cements his place as an absolute ATG.