Quigg.jpeg

Scott Quigg is targeting a World title showdown with Tevin Farmer as the Brit faces Jayson Velez at The Forum in Inglewood, LA on Friday April 26, live on DAZN in the US and on Sky Sports in the UK.

Quigg (35-2-2 26KOs) is itching for the chance to become a two-weight World champion, and his clash in his now home base of Los Angeles will be the second step in adding Super-Featherweight glory to his reign as WBA Super-Bantamweight king.

The Brit star delivered a violent KO win on his bow at 130lbs in Boston, MA in October in the second round over Mario Briones – a card that saw Tevin Farmer defend his IBF World Super-Featherweight crown for the first time with a fifth round KO of James Tennyson.

The Philadelphia ace has defended the title twice since, against Francisco Fonseca in New York in December and on home turf against Jono Carroll in March, and he’s a target for Quigg should he prevail against the in-form Velez (28-5-1 20KOs) with the Puerto Rican picking off Orlando Cruz and Victor Terrazas inside four rounds since a points reverse to highly-rated Ryan Garcia.

“These are the cards I want to be on,” said Quigg. “It’s a great chance for me to make a big statement with the attention on the bill. I want to be a World Champion again so I need to show people that I mean business. Jayson is a solid fighter who is coming off some good wins so it’s a good test and one I am looking forward to.....

http://www.secondsout.com/news/scott...-tevin-farmer-