Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
canelo can basically do whatever he likes at this stage of his career, similar to how floyd ended his. i'd be okay if it's a shit opponent in may if there's a big fight guarantee for september. i was thinking he could fulfil the ibf mandatory against william scull but he's not american. please don't give us boo boo or caleb part two
I'm going to need to go a little apples and oranges. But oddly, who wasn't roasting Mayweather also? I sure was. But at least he had a belt or two taken away and announced Berto was the last official hurrah. And the honest fan in me says Benavidez gives Canelo a much much tougher fight than say a early Thurman would have given Mayweather. Can't bring myself to defend Floyd but Canelo was no Mayweather. Canelo is literally wearing a crown and called full undisputed, keeper of all belts he chooses not to defend in the respected division as of late.

And still no opponent named for his May "big" fight. We're now far under 90 days out and that is insane to me. But I guess these are the times we live in now as fans.