Boxing is dead

The New England Patriots vs the Indianapolis Colts.
If you love football , then this is as big as Ali Vs Frazier , Leonard vs Hagler or Mayweather vs Delahoya (The hype anyway). The Pats this year are just basically unstoppable , but then so are the Colts to an arguable lesser extent. Nevertheless , the two beasts are set and ready for war and it'll happen on sunday december 4th , not on pay per view , not on hbo but on stations that everybody has. Face it , even if you don't want cbs or nbc , you're probably gonna end up with em anyway.

THIS IS AWESOME! if you have even the most basic cable channels , you're still going to be able to watch your favorite sports: Football , Hockey , Soccer , F-1 , Nascar , Baseball , Basketball , Golf , hell , you'll even have a hard time avoiding Curling! Curling?! Well darn..
So you can follow the sports you like! as long as that sport is'nt Boxing. But Mike , is'nt Boxing a little more exciting than like...uh t.v. Golf? Or you know.....Curling?! Well apparently not!

-This is the life of a Football fan ; wake up on sunday turn on the tv at 11am and BANG , you're a happy man from the pre-game show to the end of the monday nighter. Then ... Well no that's ... That's pretty much it.

-Now this is the life of ME (Boxing fan) ; ok , next month it's Calzaghe vs Kessler.. MAN CAN'T WAIT!
Ok it's not on tsn.. Well i guess i'll just get a few of my friends to watch it here on pay per view so we
can all split the (probably 50 plus) dollars it's gonna cost!
One week later...Hmm well wadayaknow.. The fight is'nt listed on ppv.com.
Well! Time to uninvite my buddies one by one.
Hey , look at this! HBO afterdark.... uh....... Yeah Don't have that here.
So i'm stuck looking for a bar that plays it , who needs home comfort when you can go to a cramped up bar to spend a bunch of money watching the fight with 200 people who don't even know how the 10 point system works.

Boxing HAS lost a lot of fans over the years and YES part of it may be because of the state of the heavyweight division. It does'nt really bother me when people say "Boxing is dead , there are no more Leonards , Robinsons , Tysons , no fights worth watching anymore". If that's your opinion , that's fine , cause your stating an opinion , not a "I think i know Sh*t fact" like what i keep hearing on t.v. over and over :: Boxing is dying out because of the strenght of the UFC.
Everytime i hear that i feel like smashing something. Please! Cut the crap!!! Boxing ain't dying because of the UFC , The UFC is killing boxing as much as trees are killing our planet. The fact about Boxing dying out is they are making this sport impossible to follow! True fans are always scrambling trying to catch a fight here and there but in the end , if you want to be a true boxing fan and get minimum knowledge of whats going on , you have to spend hours on Boxing sites and forums , and this is a sport , you should be able to just lean back and enjoy... But , for me it's become like a second job.

The point is , the UFC is not killing Boxing , Boxing is killing Boxing.