1st and foremost I'd like to say that Japanese boxers don't get as much credit & respect as they deserve those guys give it their all and got loads of heart... With that being said heres my list of the Greatest Japanese boxers.

*Please keep in mind I have seen at least 1 full fight on each fighter plus in some cases I've see highlights. I don't know the whole story behind their entire careers but I read and did as much research as I could to do my best and compile my list of Japans greatest.

1. Fighting Harada
2. Masao Ohba (Freakishly similar story to Sanchez had already beaten some big names with a record of 35-2 and he was also 23 when he died)
3. Jiro Watanabe
4. Yoko Gushiken
5. Hiroshi Kobayashi
6. Guts Ishimatsu
7. Joichiro Tatsuyoshi
8. Koichi Wajima
9. Yoshiaki Numata
10. Takanori Hatakeyama

Honorable mentions to: Mitsunori Seki & Royal Kobayashi

- More on Masao... He picked up the WBA Flyweight title from Chartvanchai in '70 on the day after his 21sy B-Day. Now check this out as his 1st defense he takes on none other then IMO (IBHF) Venzuelas greatest boxer Betulio Gonzalez and wins a pretty close decision, as if that wasn't enough he later takes on his mandatory Orlando Amores and KO's him in 5. He then takes on (IBHF) Thailand great Chartchai Chionoi where Masao hits the canvas from a right hook in round 1 and was almost finished there Masao got up very slowly but still Chionoi just didn't finish him. Masao gathered himself and slowly got himself back together he started putting his punches together and in the 12 he drops Chionoi 3 times and KO's Chionoi with a good combination of punches. This win was a great win in his career this was like Sanchez's win over Gomez a career defining win but sadly Masao died in a car accident about 3 weeks later while driving a Corvette.

What are your thoughts on Sanchez & Masaos lifes in how similar they are?
Who do you see as Japans greatest?