Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Disgusting commentary on Boxrec by Bob Sheridan and his sidekick

Third man you must of been watchin on a stream It was shocking commentary!

They were so bad they were talking over one of those sexy super slow-mo's showing Floyd getting hit square on the chin while saying ''well that punch was clearly blocked''.

Fuck it, Bob sheridan must of been watching a stream!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And another thing... How hard is it to say 'hook-come-uppercut'?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All i can say is i think there is more bias against Floyd than anything coming from Bob Sheridan. I had another look and Sheridan on no less than 3 occasions states that Cotto is a world class champion getting beaten by an all time great. That is exactly what happened and i am a great admirer of Miguel Cotto, but he only won 3 rounds IMO despite fighting a great fight.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Commentators were a joke and it spoilt a very good fight for me. The love for Floyd was awful and Cotto’s work was invisible. Even when Floyd was doing nothing, he was called a defensive genius.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Commentators were a joke and it spoilt a very good fight for me. The love for Floyd was awful and Cotto’s work was invisible. Even when Floyd was doing nothing, he was called a defensive genius.
    And Sheridan kept saying the crowd is going nuts when Cotto is doing good work but they don't know what's really happening - that he's getting the worst of the exchanges. Funny thing is he kept whining about Floyd laying too much at the ropes when he's doing great at a distance. I was like WTF, what is it really you blind arse kissing muthaf*cka!
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_PRODIGY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    And Sheridan kept saying the crowd is going nuts when Cotto is doing good work but they don't know what's really happening - that he's getting the worst of the exchanges. Funny thing is he kept whining about Floyd laying too much at the ropes when he's doing great at a distance. I was like WTF, what is it really you blind arse kissing muthaf*cka!
    It started at the weigh in, when they said the crowd were there for Floyd, when it was obvious at least half the crowd were Cotto fans.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and Third Man is certainly entitled to his. If he truly feels Floyd totally dominated Miguel and only lost 3 rounds, I guess it's his right. I certainly don't agree... and neither do a lot of other people, who saw Floyd having to dig down deep for the first time in a lo-n-n-n-n-n-n-g time to pull out the victory. I admire Floyd more now than before, because he met Cotto's challenge head-on, and both gave the crowd one of the more crowd-pleasing championship fights we've seen in years. I gave Miguel 5 rounds, although I'd like to see it again and score it again. Maybe I'll see it differently next time.

The sad part is, as happens with all great fights. With time, all people will remember is the unanimous decision win for Floyd over Cotto. One more notch in his belt. To be grouped into the other victims like Ortiz, Marquez, Hatton, etc. When in reality, it was nothing like those fights. As a Cotto fan, the only comfort I have is that Floyd himself knows he was in a real war... and he gave his kudos to Cotto in a very sportsmanlike manner after the fight. In a strange way, I think the Cotto fight has even increased Floyd's legacy in the boxing world.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally dont think you could give Cotto more than 4 rounds in that fight..which is still pretty amazing. Cotto did however embarass Floyd in round 8. I've never seen Floyd outboxed but thats exactly what happened. Cotto hit and didn't get hit. Floyds frustrated smile told the story.
    Also Cotto should be commended for landing much more than is normal for an opponent of money..all whilst bringing down Floyds usual connect percentage.

Thread Information