Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax;1147851

I agree with your assessment, Mars. Although Cotto lost both fights, the Cotto that lost to Floyd was sharp and on his game. Floyd was just better. Against Trout, however, Cotto looked a little listless. I don't know whether it's age (and wear and tear) finally catching up to him, or what. Cotto's been in some wars... and those will take their toll on any man.[/QUOTE

The Cotto who fought Floyd would have wiped the floor with Trout, like I said after losing to Floyd, Miguel's heart wasn't in the Trout fight, he looked to be going through the motions. If Trout looks convincing against Canelo, I may see things differently, but I see Alvarez handing him his first loss at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. BTW, dumb move by Trout taking the fight there, his overconfidence will cost him dearly.
Trout is from Las Cruces, New Mexico so he's not too far from home. Canelo is the draw and the money man so Trout has to fight him wherever they say basically as long as its not Mexico.
Fair enough @Hulk, but how many fans do you think Austin will have at the Alamodome?

Really though, although it will help, I don't believe Alvarez will need the home-field advantage, he's going to put a whoopin' on Austin regardless.