Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Warren asks Rudy Markussen if he is ready to face Calzaghe October 14.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warren asks Rudy Markussen if he is ready to face Calzaghe October 14.

http://www.teampalle.dk/composite-1234.htm

Frank Warren has asked Team Palle about terms and if Rudy Markussen is ready to face Calzaghe October 14th in Manchester. Rudy is scheduled to fight on the undercard of Kessler – Beyer in Copenhagen but on Team Palle’s home site Rudy states that he is 200% ready fight in the M:E:N Arena instead.

Would be nice with two title fights in SMW on the same evening with to Danes….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren asks Rudy Markussen if he is ready to face Calzaghe October 14.

I'd be happy with this fight if it's made. Markussen has a decent record and deserves the fight more than Froch, Andrade, Allan Green etc (I think he's been the WBO number 1 contender for about a year now?).

A good fight if it happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren asks Rudy Markussen if he is ready to face Calzaghe October 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Simasu
    I'd be happy with this fight if it's made. Markussen has a decent record and deserves the fight more than Froch, Andrade, Allan Green etc (I think he's been the WBO number 1 contender for about a year now?).

A good fight if it can be made
    Don't really think Markussen is any better than the ones you mention (might be better than Froch). He's managed to get himself into a position of being highly rated without actually having too much talent. He has one hell of a punch, but is slow - Just the kind Calzaghe excells at demolishing.

Also Markussen will want to be well paid to take the fight. He turned a shot he was offered at fighting Beyer down (obviously a more winable fight), because the pay was too poor. But from the rumours it was no worse than what Warren usually offers.

So it's up to Warren. If they are willing to pay a decent salary (for once), they can have an opponent who on paper is a very decent opponent concidering who's available, but who cannot seriously be considered a threat. Exactly what they want really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rudy is going to loose this fight .

this is a easy fight for joe for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe wants to fight that little kid now Better opponent then that FNF reject

I'd say the kid has the speed advantage and will probably have a sugar rush but I reckon Joe puts him in time out and lays him down for bed in 11 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Team-Palle there has been no contact to Warren about this for a week now. So i think it's off the table.

New difficulties for Warren: IBF insists that Calzaghe face their mandatory challenger - Robert Stieglitz first. That fight maybe cannot be made in time for oct. 14th. (may have to go to purse-offer). So ultimately it COULD mean that the oct. 14th event is cancelled. Or Calzaghe may be forced to drop the IBF-title.

Source: http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0700s...name_page.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh wow, Calzaghe is really taking the big fights now to cement his legacy [/sarcasm]
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    oh wow, Calzaghe is really taking the big fights now to cement his legacy [/sarcasm]
    Not bigger fights in terms of interest from the media but both Stieglitz and Markussen are more dangerous fights to Calzaghe than the Lacy fight.

Stieglitz is technical a very sound boxer and with excellent movements. Robert stopped Alejandro Berrio in his latest fight. Berrio has stopped both Syd Vanerpool and Yusaf Mack.

Markussen is more limited but still ahead of Lacy in terms of defence, technical skills, movement and he pops harder than Lacy. Markussen might be the hardest puncher in SMW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

markusen is a big big chicking .

and the day the fight is rudy will be sick like he always do

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really hope not... I don't know anything about Markussen but I had been hearing that Lucian Bute may get a chance to fight him.. I really want to see Bute in against top fighters he has all the tools imo. I assume it would be a WBO eliminator as that is where Bute is ranked in the top ten as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    I really hope not... I don't know anything about Markussen but I had been hearing that Lucian Bute may get a chance to fight him.. I really want to see Bute in against top fighters he has all the tools imo. I assume it would be a WBO eliminator as that is where Bute is ranked in the top ten as well.
    Agreed.
    Bute-Markussen would be a far more meaningfull match-up. But i doubt they'll be up against each other october 14th. Even if they are both fighting at the Kessler-Beyer card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tu Born
    Quote Originally Posted by Poom
    Not bigger fights in terms of interest from the media but both Stieglitz and Markussen are more dangerous fights to Calzaghe than the Lacy fight.

Stieglitz is technical a very sound boxer and with excellent movements. Robert stopped Alejandro Berrio in his latest fight. Berrio has stopped both Syd Vanerpool and Yusaf Mack.

Markussen is more limited but still ahead of Lacy in terms of defence, technical skills, movement and he pops harder than Lacy. Markussen might be the hardest puncher in SMW.
    o, hi royal. how are you doing these days?

Thread Information