Some people just have no clue what the word overrated means
    please , enlighten me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Last edited by Master; 04-02-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Broner

The most overrated boxer of this millennium vs. the most fragile chin of this era.
    So it's either Khan by schooling (I take this one), either the clown by general anesthesia induction. Either way should be fun.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    please , enlighten me.
    Hes generally rated as the 6th or 7th best welter. Its really hard to argue against that. Yet you seem to think hes overrated so I guess you dont have him in the top 10 in the division.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

please , enlighten me.
    Hes generally rated as the 6th or 7th best welter. Its really hard to argue against that. Yet you seem to think hes overrated so I guess you dont have him in the top 10 in the division.
    Well actually , many people believe he would beat Mayweather because "he's all wrong for him!" Malignaggi thinks that he's in the top 3. Many people think he was"thrashing" Garcia before he got plugged. Many people say he was "robbed" against Peterson when in reality it was a really close fight whichever way anybody believes it went. The point about the Peterson fight is that before the fight , he was supposedly Leagues above Peterson and it was supposedly an easy fight for him. As for that man in the hat bollocks to deflect from a shit performance, well say no more.
    The only time he's ever won a World title, it was against undoubtedly the weakest champion in that division. And now, how the fuck is a fight against Algieri, who let's not forget has only fought once at this weight and got knocked down 6 times in the process, is this going to improve his rankings? He mentioned Broner, Thurman, Cotto for fucks sake, didn't we know he would end up fighting Algieri.
    In conclusion, I wouldn't disagree with him being 7th or 8th best in the division, but many people think he is much higher and OVERRATE him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So surely since a well respected pundit like Paulie and a boxing efficionado like myself rate him higher than the 6th or 7th in div, which the general concensus is then surely hes underrated if anything?

I just dont see how you can claim a fighter like Khan is overrated. Most of the public dont rate him and on this forum only a handful of us think he has a chance against Floyd. If you look through comments on him v Brook most are picking Brook.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You also fail to mention that Peterson failed a drug test and the ref was shocking in that fight. I still had Khan winning despite that but yes it was close, a lot closer than it should have been. Khan should have finished him early. If there was a rematch Khan would be a massive fav. Also he was beating Garcia easily before he got caught. Is that even debateable. He won every round and opened a cut that was close to ending the fight. Fair play to Garcia for digging deep but again in a rematch Khan is a strong fav.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So surely since a well respected pundit like Paulie and a boxing efficionado like myself rate him higher than the 6th or 7th in div, which the general concensus is then surely hes underrated if anything?

I just dont see how you can claim a fighter like Khan is overrated. Most of the public dont rate him and on this forum only a handful of us think he has a chance against Floyd. If you look through comments on him v Brook most are picking Brook.
    I'll address this post first, and I think you're talking in riddles a bit. Previously , you said that he's seen as 6th or 7th "which is hard to argue against", now you're saying you rate him higher (despite the fact that it's a hard argument to win presumably?) not the sort of thing a boxing aficionado would do me thinks.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Bronerere

You also fail to mention that Peterson failed a drug test and the ref was shocking in that fight. I still had Khan winning despite that but yes it was close, a lot closer than it should have been. Khan should have finished him early. If there was a rematch Khan would be a massive fav. Also he was beating Garcia easily before he got caught. Is that even debateable. He won every round and opened a cut that was close to ending the fight. Fair play to Garcia for digging deep but again in a rematch Khan is a strong fav.
    Before the Peterson fight , all Khan talked about was what he was gonna do AFTER beating Peterson. It was seen as a really easy fight. I had Khan winning by one point, BUT when the 2 point deductions are factored in, losing by a point. You could say the points deductions were harsh, but the ref could clearly be heard telling Khan to stop pushing Peterson back at least 6 and probably 10 times.Even if Khan won , it was close and must be seen either as a very poor performance or that Khan was perceived as better than he actually was (overrated). If Khan fought him again , maybe he would win, as I said it was close, so it's possible. I can't see that it matters because Peterson isn't that good anyway,so if his level is there or thereabouts, then he clearly is overrated.
    Now, how you can talk about winning easily when a fight is 2 rounds old is foolish in my opinion. I don't dispute Khan won the first 2 rounds, but a lot of punches hit Garcia's arms and Gloves, and the ones that did connect we're not discouraging Garcia and had little effect. It also has to be noted that Garcia caught Khan with quite a few counter shots in those rounds before he knocked him down. That should have sent alarm bells ringing, but no. And the cut was caused by a clash of heads, so if it caused the fight to be stopped, it would've been a no contest, so it's irrelevant really.
    In The 3rd round, Garcia went to the body a lot more and was winning the round even before he put Khan down. BTW, the fight should've been stopped there. Kenny Bayless was kind to say the least to Khan and probably gave him 20 seconds in total to recover. In hindsight, it was a wrong call because even with a minute more rest, he still hadn't recovered by the start of 4th. And if Khan fought him again, Garcia would knock him out again!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its possible that Khan would be knocked out in a rematch but the most likely outcome is a Khan decision.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Easy win for Khan this - career ender for Broner

A monumental day for me too when I will be cheering Khan on to rid of us the fraud that is Broner
    Broner is too tough for the fragile Khan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You need glasses if you think Con beat Peterson.

He got KTFO by Garcia and wants no parts of a rematch...him "winning" before he got sparked must be a joke or something.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its possible that Khan would be knocked out in a rematch but the most likely outcome is a Khan decision.
    Anything is possible, but we'll have to agree to disagree on what is the more likely outcome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anything is possible, but we'll have to agree to disagree on what is the more likely outcome.
    Khan lacks accuracy.

Throwing 5 punch combos at the air is not how it's done.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I'm ever guilty of positivity for Broner...its that he stands a far better chance than Chris 'jus riding the clock' Algieri.

Thread Information