Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Spence vs Algieri

I already bought into the hype before the fight but this confirms it. Spence is a future superstar. He will be the best boxer in the world in a few years. He throws his punches so effortlessly which only few boxers do. It's like he was born to box.

Once Spence beats Brook and Thurman, it's time for Crawford to move up and put together a huge fight. That is the fight I'm looking forward to in about two years.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence looked every bit as impressive as Anthony Joshua.

Dominant performance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    So Brook says next. Do his handlers allow that?
    Eddie hearn is way overdue for a big fight for brook so either he makes the garcia fight in summer or spence is coming in the fall.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the spence fight this morning, was very impressed with his performance in stopping Algieri. Even though I don't rate Algieri that much spence did well getting the stoppage and proved he's the real deal. Brook vs spence should be an absolute cracker of a fight real 50/50 fight IMO

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Just watched the spence fight this morning, was very impressed with his performance in stopping Algieri. Even though I don't rate Algieri that much spence did well getting the stoppage and proved he's the real deal. Brook vs spence should be an absolute cracker of a fight real 50/50 fight IMO
    Hearn will avoid it until they get Khan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook's next fight is a voluntary, after that he would have to fight Spence as his Mandatory. That could be 12 months away. It won't happen though.
    I reckon next summer Brook will fight Khan and drop his belt therefore avoiding Spence.
    So yet again, Brits are gonna be PPV'ing for a stadium fight with fuck all at stake but megabucks.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Spence beats Brook to be honest.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Brook's next fight is a voluntary, after that he would have to fight Spence as his Mandatory. That could be 12 months away. It won't happen though.
    I reckon next summer Brook will fight Khan and drop his belt therefore avoiding Spence.
    So yet again, Brits are gonna be PPV'ing for a stadium fight with fuck all at stake but megabucks.
    I still think most would rather see Khan - Brook though. Only the hardcores know who Spence is, so it's a high risk fight for Brook. Khan is more winnable and will earn him huge money, and probably raise his profile more. Spence would be a more impressive win, but he needs exposure to the UK market for that fight to make sense. Hearn would be daft to defend against him. He's far better off relinquishing and fighting Khan. Only worry is, if Khan is mauled by Canelo, does a Brook fight sell as well? Brook needs Khan to be competitive against Canelo.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I still think most would rather see Khan - Brook though. Only the hardcores know who Spence is, so it's a high risk fight for Brook. Khan is more winnable and will earn him huge money, and probably raise his profile more. Spence would be a more impressive win, but he needs exposure to the UK market for that fight to make sense. Hearn would be daft to defend against him. He's far better off relinquishing and fighting Khan. Only worry is, if Khan is mauled by Canelo, does a Brook fight sell as well? Brook needs Khan to be competitive against Canelo.
    We're talking about 2 different things here. You're talking about what's best for Brook to make most money with least risk, and what Hearn, Brook and the British public apparently want.
    I'm talking about the fact that Brook is supposed to be a World Champion. Anybody would think Hearn runs the sport. Khan is irrelevant in the division, hence he's chasing bucks 2 divisions above. So when we talk about Khan's profile , it's bollocks.
    Stateside and in WORLD Boxing, Brook would get more kudos beating Spence (if he can).
    OK, every fighter's career has to earn them as much money as possible, but do guys ever go into this sport nowadays to try to be the best?
    Doesn't look like it.
    I think we're being taken for mugs if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Spence I saw last night is trouble for Brook. Brook can box and move out of the way, but Spence has a hunter's mentality. The only thing with Spence is that he is not as "active" in his hunt as Manny was/is. If Spence steps up the hunt and throws combinations and as many punches as Manny does, NO ONE BEATS SPENCE!!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence was/is impressive but I don't see him as the second coming that will walk through everyone in the division. He doesn't look particularly quick.

Would anyone expect Algieri to last six rounds with Brook?

However, Spence is a terrific talent.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and was algeri even the same algeri that lost to pac and khan

a defeat and losing an unbeaten record takes a lot out of a fighter, Algeri had lost 2 of his last 3
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    and was algeri even the same algeri that lost to pac and khan

a defeat and losing an unbeaten record takes a lot out of a fighter, Algeri had lost 2 of his last 3
    those fights wouldn't have taken much out of Algieri. He's relatively young and was the underdog in both fights and was stepping up in class.
    infact , he would take quite a lot out of the Khan defeat. He took Khan the distance and gave him plenty of problems without getting beat up much.
    I don't think we can pick holes in Spence, he's the real deal and is rapidly climbing into the elite section of the division.
    Spence and Crawford will be the future of the WW div.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Spence was/is impressive but I don't see him as the second coming that will walk through everyone in the division. He doesn't look particularly quick.

Would anyone expect Algieri to last six rounds with Brook?

However, Spence is a terrific talent.
    Whaaaa?!?!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spence looks to be a great seek and destroy tactician. Which really seems to be the theme now with fighters like GGG and Kovalev taking over. I don't have both feet on the band wagon just yet as i would like to see him matched up against a dangerous offensive pressure guy to see how well spence fights going backwards. There's a few holes that jumped out at me but i'm not sure if he is being deliberately neglectful because he knows Algieris a pillow puncher and blasting him out in a firefight just looks more impressive.

He's pretty efficient because hes able to fight as his own pace and be economical with his punches, but i've also see him move straight back, throw a glove up while leaving the other low while turning his head away instead of pivoting out because hes relying on being just out of range and wanting to take the opportunity to counter hard. Window of opportunity for a pug with good chin and chucks bombs straight down the middle over the jab.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information