Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andre Ward is going to come back...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andre Ward is going to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Doubt Stevenson is still holding a belt by the time Ward decides to return. Not really interested in that fight anyone. Ward still has unfinished business for me with Kov. A return against the guy who emerges as top top at 175 would be nice tho.

I'm a big Kov fan, Alpha... but that last Ward fight left me deflated. The ref's quick trigger notwithstanding, Kov wilted inexplicably under Ward's body assault. I'm no Ward fan, either. But I grudgingly give him his credit for the win. I've love for them to do it again, but two things have to happen. Kov has to get his head straight and go back to being the ruthless destroyer he is. The other thing, much harder to accomplish, is to get another fight with Ward. Ward has nothing to gain and everything to lose by going back in the ring with Kov. He can claim he's beat him twice... and move on to greener pastures. Ward will be looking to preserve his "0", so I don't see him risking a lucky bomb from Stevenson, clumsy and unorthodox as he might be. Let's see what happens.
    Definitely have to give Ward credit for facing the boogie man of the division. Like I've said previously I felt Kov won the first and both guys were robbed of a definitive ending in the second. I agree Ward won't give Kov anther shot if he returns.
    I hope you aren't suggesting Ward has something to fear. Because Ward took his soul. Sucks it ended on a low blow. But Kov was done long before that, he wanted out and no more of what Ward was giving him.

It's rare you can actually see a fighters spirit break. I'm honestly surprised Kov didn't retire.
    Not saying Ward fears Kovalev at all, he already fought him twice. Just thinking Kov was suck a prick (moreso leading into the 2nd) that I don't see Ward wanting to deal with Kov again.

Took his soul is a bit much for me. Sure Kov looked hurt, but there were definite low blows involved too. Given a 5 minute recovery who knows what happens. Like I said the ref robbed both guys of a definitive ending.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ward would not have to fight Kov again and I am sure Kov would be happy never to fight Ward again. It has ruined him.

Ward v any of the top light heavies would have been good but do not think Ward could keep up that level of performance every time. How Ward won the fight against Kov after the first 2 rounds which were a disaster for him shows how great he was. Ward was visibly shocked by the power, jab and size of Kov but turned it around showing great heart.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruined him, took his soul. Are you guys serious? The first fight could have gone either way. I also had Kov ahead in the second. Even tho Ward was starting to hurt Kov. Those low blows deserved recovery time. Ward may have stopped him. Kov could have recovered. We'll never know for sure. Nothing there suggests the extreme nature you guys are recalling.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruined him, took his soul. Are you guys serious? The first fight could have gone either way. I also had Kov ahead in the second. Even tho Ward was starting to hurt Kov. Those low blows deserved recovery time. Ward may have stopped him. Kov could have recovered. We'll never know for sure. Nothing there suggests the extreme nature you guys are recalling.
    Kov is definitely ruined in the sense that he is now vulnerable. He can come back but the aura of invincibility has been destroyed.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Along with his nuts.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Along with his nuts.
    Ok those were low blows but there is a way to react which is to take a knee, get up and then punch him low back.

Deep down he knows he quit.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref fucked up. They were low. We can all agree. Kov may have been hurt prior but deserved time to recover from the illegal blows. He did both guys a disservice.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref fucked up. They were low. We can all agree. Kov may have been hurt prior but deserved time to recover from the illegal blows. He did both guys a disservice.
    Ref was to blame but the loss is on Kov. Take a knee and recover. Do not cry and moan.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Ref was to blame but the loss is on Kov. Take a knee and recover. Do not cry and moan.
    So the ref was wrong but it's Kov's fault for not taking a knee? The ref didn't give him a chance. Didn't even acknowledge the low blows. Just stopped it.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the ref was wrong but it's Kov's fault for not taking a knee? The ref didn't give him a chance. Didn't even acknowledge the low blows. Just stopped it.
    Better to take a knee than risk the stoppage.

B Hop would have rolled around and acted hurt until the ref had to take notice.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Better to take a knee than risk the stoppage.

B Hop would have rolled around and acted hurt until the ref had to take notice.
    You're right about Hopkins, crafty as mofo. He didn't even get the opportunity of an 8 count, for the ref to assess him. Technically the ropes were holding him up. Ref fucked up all round.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information