Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should Usyk do next?

Both were hurt like never before and they have taken alot out of themselves.

They will do the rematch and if Usyk wins he retires.

Fury will want to finish after he faces AJ.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really wonder about October. How Fury copes off a first loss...it has to be a completely legit concern given his history...and what happens with the unified belts situation. But first thing Usyk should do is get away from "it" for a bit. This wasn't just one night that he has had to have tunnel vision on. He sat there while Fury played his afforded games and delayed it all out all the while Usyk had to stay on point 100 percent like some dismissed spectator. That press conference was something else for Usyk. The real time culmination of history made, and family/professional ends achieved. He talks on his Father you can tell it hits him right in the gut. The greedy fan in me wants to see his preform again in the ring, but if ever there is a time to walk away all boxes checked this is it. I know there's a rematch clause and apparently some type of 10 million penalty if either does not follow thru? Not sure how accurate it all is but it sounds odd.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I really wonder about October. How Fury copes off a first loss...it has to be a completely legit concern given his history...and what happens with the unified belts situation. But first thing Usyk should do is get away from "it" for a bit. This wasn't just one night that he has had to have tunnel vision on. He sat there while Fury played his afforded games and delayed it all out all the while Usyk had to stay on point 100 percent like some dismissed spectator. That press conference was something else for Usyk. The real time culmination of history made, and family/professional ends achieved. He talks on his Father you can tell it hits him right in the gut. The greedy fan in me wants to see his preform again in the ring, but if ever there is a time to walk away all boxes checked this is it. I know there's a rematch clause and apparently some type of 10 million penalty if either does not follow thru? Not sure how accurate it all is but it sounds odd.
    i thought the penalty was if this fight didn't go through on may eighteenth. there is already talk of tyson exploring other options other than the immediate rematch
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    1683 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not surprised if the rematch does not go ahead immediately, I can see Fury needing more time to recover, he looked fragile in that 9th round. I can not see Fury taking a warm up or someone else just a longer rest by getting injured again.

Usyk should demand the rematch quickly.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If one had sparked the other in an embarrassing way there would not be a rematch I'm pretty sure. But since that fight was pretty even in fact if it wasn't for those final 30 seconds in round 9 I think personally there's no doubt Fury won the fight by two points. The big loudmouth oaf should have finished the job in the six round I will not forgive him for that. Remember when Rocky Marciano's nose was hanging off his face and as her Charles was about to take the title off of him, Marciano came out like a demon and he threw 121 punches in round 8 and also in round 15 in the first fight. That's when fighters were hungry

I have doubts like spicoli that there will even be a rematch. Tyson Fury looked to get old in that ninth round you talk about getting old overnight it looked like he got old in the middle of one round. It seemed that those shots just aged him 5 years in the 9th round so I don't know about any rematch.

As far as the Ukrainian goes I fear also for him just like with Roy Jones that now he has fought three straight fights against super heavyweights and this has also taken a lot out of him and if he goes back down to cruiserweight now it may not be good he may be shot he may be all drained out especially that he is 38 years old now . Tyson Fury put more punishment on him than Joshua did in both fights combined

It's a weird situation now to be honest maybe Anthony Joshua can reign for a few years now that Fury and usyk will be kind of out of the picture especially if there is no rematch.

The Ukrainian is definitely impressive but I think he may be a tad overrated. He really got the snot walloped out of him for six rounds and it was a bad look. If Fury had been more aggressive and more hungry and less clowning around he could have stopped him. The Ukrainian is a great fighter and when he beat Joshua twice I think that should have been enough of a statement he doesn't need now to go fighting Wilder and fury because this just may have drained him out like what happened with Roy Jones when he fought Ruiz and the other heavyweight
    Last edited by NoSavingByTheBell; 05-20-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury looks uninterested in fighting at the highest level since beating Wilder... Sometimes you peak out. You work so hard at one goal and you end up having very little left in you. I knew Fury would lose to Usyk. It's just time.

As for Usyk, he should give Parker, Wilder (or big Bang Zhang) and Ruiz Jr fights. they were all former champions and would solidify his legacy.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information