Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton must win in four - Lewis

i dont think there is anychance of Ricky winning inside 4 rounds ,
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has a good chin and well conditioned body so i don't see any major drama in the first four.
    I do feel Hattons best chance is a knockout, but am almost certaion that a knockout against Mayweather must be attritional and worked for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree with Lennox, he was a very good boxer, but he talks a lot of shit sometimes, like when he was commentating on the miranda pavlik fight. This fight will go long, and Hatton will have to wear Floyd down.

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    I have expressed before now that I believe Hatton has to win before 5 or 6 or it's going to be a long night for Rick, or he'll get k.o.'d. I know Ricky will no doubt be in his best condtion, but it won't change the fact he'll be doing all the "heavy work" chasing Floyd, trying to bully him, and also getting hit alot while doing it, and IMO after the 5th or 6th he's going to be feeling it pretty hard; whereas Floyd has an amazing ability to dictate how the fight goes and where without breaking a sweat, and landing at will. Ricky does set an amazing pace, but whether he can do it with Floyd is very questionable, as Floyd seems as fresh in round 12 alot of times as he is in the 1st. Ricky better knock this guy out in the 1st 5 or 6 or it's over IMO, as sometimes it seems Floyd starts turning up the heat after the 4th or 5th rounds. Also, I see Ricky coming out in a storm for the 1st few rounds, moreso than maybe past fights, and I wonder if he can set a furious pace like that all night, which is what he has to do to have a chance to beat Floyd, either by k.o. or going the distance. I don't think he can set such an outright onslaught for 6, much less 12 rounds. He has to get to Floyd early like he did Castillo, and Floyd won't give him freebies like Jose did. I still say Floyd by 7th or 8th round k.o. Go Ricky!!
    Actually, Ricky SAID the opposite. He claimed that he will come out very measured for the first six rounds to ensure that he leaves soemthing in the tank.

Mayweather TKO 9/10. With Hatton's face looking like he went a few rounds with Freddy Krueger.

To be honest with you, I've always found what Hatton says about his tactics beforehand and what Mayweather says about his tactics before fights to be equally misleading. I interviewed Billy Graham before the Urango fight, who said Hatton was going to be going all-out for an attacking performance to impress the American and Mexican audiences, but on the night from around the 8th round onwards, Graham was urging Hatton to be defensive and hold on to the lead he already had.

So in surmisal, I think Hatton will not reveal his tactics beforehand, and don't be surprised if he does go tearing after Mayweather early doors.
    They probably did intend to go all out, but had to change strategy when Urango was getting a bit more successful in the middle rounds, though I do agree that Hatton is going to go after Floyd from the first bell. It'll be a similar strategy as the Tzyu fight, in his face, in that fight Hatton had the stamina to do it for twelve, and he should have similar fitness now. Wether oit works on Mayweather we'll find out soon enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis comments prove that just coz you are a great boxer you dont automaticaly become a great comentator.
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara
    Lewis comments prove that just coz you are a great boxer you dont automaticaly become a great comentator.
    Speaking of commentators; who will be commentating the Hatton/Mayweather fight? Will Merchant be there?
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of commentators; who will be commentating the Hatton/Mayweather fight? Will Merchant be there?

For the sake of UK viewers I hope its not Jim Watt(the fuck you on about).
    Balls

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He never said about the 4 rounds shit.

Lewis said Hatton wins by KO Floyd wins by PTS.. then the idiot interviewing him said "so Hatton has to win in 4 rounds" ....
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FOr the first few Id like to see Ricky go backwards for while and play the host, only push forward once one is landed.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All it takes is one good punch while mayweather is doing a lateral movement. Catch him when he moving sideways. And don't fucking plod like baldomir. Run a sprint after him and beat his body.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    All it takes is one good punch while mayweather is doing a lateral movement. Catch him when he moving sideways. And don't fucking plod like baldomir. Run a sprint after him and beat his body.
    Sorry man, but when has Mayweather ever been one-punched?
    He's got one of the best chins in boxing currently and supplementary to that one of the best defenses in boxing ever.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Quote Originally Posted by sexydarin
    Sorry man, but when has Mayweather ever been one-punched?
    He's got one of the best chins in boxing currently and supplementary to that one of the best defenses in boxing ever.
    Thats why Ricky should play the host,take a few rolling shots, let Floyd come forwards for once, go backwards and then punish him for doing it on an overcommitment so there is an unanswered question formed in Floyds head.
    Its the ony way you'll get one in there and you have to disrupt someone like Floyd s game otherwise you'll get played with in his game.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd tend to agree Andre. In boxing oir any other martial art it's not only disconcerting but painful to walk into an attack. Hatton will be predicted to do that so if he could turn the tide even slightly it could have dramatic effects.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    I have expressed before now that I believe Hatton has to win before 5 or 6 or it's going to be a long night for Rick, or he'll get k.o.'d. I know Ricky will no doubt be in his best condtion, but it won't change the fact he'll be doing all the "heavy work" chasing Floyd, trying to bully him, and also getting hit alot while doing it, and IMO after the 5th or 6th he's going to be feeling it pretty hard; whereas Floyd has an amazing ability to dictate how the fight goes and where without breaking a sweat, and landing at will. Ricky does set an amazing pace, but whether he can do it with Floyd is very questionable, as Floyd seems as fresh in round 12 alot of times as he is in the 1st. Ricky better knock this guy out in the 1st 5 or 6 or it's over IMO, as sometimes it seems Floyd starts turning up the heat after the 4th or 5th rounds. Also, I see Ricky coming out in a storm for the 1st few rounds, moreso than maybe past fights, and I wonder if he can set a furious pace like that all night, which is what he has to do to have a chance to beat Floyd, either by k.o. or going the distance. I don't think he can set such an outright onslaught for 6, much less 12 rounds. He has to get to Floyd early like he did Castillo, and Floyd won't give him freebies like Jose did. I still say Floyd by 7th or 8th round k.o. Go Ricky!!
    Actually, Ricky SAID the opposite. He claimed that he will come out very measured for the first six rounds to ensure that he leaves soemthing in the tank.

Mayweather TKO 9/10. With Hatton's face looking like he went a few rounds with Freddy Krueger.

freddy kruger lmao cc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton needs to throw straight punches and not loop them. Cutting off the ring should have been a priority during training otherwise he will have to run after Floyd and stamina goes out the window. Apply controlled aggression so that he could adjust the pace himself and hit the body but in close. Hatton needs to concentrate because like Ray Leonard, Floyd's eyes are always wide open. The first four rounds will mean nothing especially when the rule of thumb is that the fight does not begin before the third round. For Floyd that's the truth. Hatton could leave himself with an empty gas tank. I want Hatton to win but Floyd is so slippery.

Thread Information