Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton camp backs referee choice

If their was ever a referee who could influence the outcome of a fight, it's Nady..

Cortez lets fighters fight THEIR fight using THEIR style. He doesn't stand for crap, but he's not going to jump in every two seconds... He lets the fighters sort it out and then breaks it up when it needs to be...
    Nady has a preconceived notion of how a fight is supposed to play out and uses all his influence to make sure the fight goes in that direction... i.e. fighters can't lean on each other.... He want's every bout to look like 'boxing' and tries to keep it from looking like 'fighting'....
    In some fights it pays to clean it up, surely!! But when Ricky is inside, he is ALWAYS looking for angles and throwing body shots... He's not just hanging on to hold a fight up for 10 rounds, and Nady would be a total wank to pull him off his opponent every time he went to work in there... It would pretty much pull apart Hattons advantages and hand the 'tempo' of the fight to his opponent...

Whether Nady would actually step in that much against such an active inside fighter like Ricky is questionable,,, but i'm still glad Cortez is the referee on this one....

You never really want to have to factor in the Referee when considering your predictions for a fight...

~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cortez worked the Hatton-Castillo fight and was very proactive about breaking clinches. When the fighters got tangled, Cortez was quick to warn them and call break.
    Cortez won't be overly strict, but he won't let Hatton get away with a lot of wrestling either.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Cortez worked the Hatton-Castillo fight and was very proactive about breaking clinches. When the fighters got tangled, Cortez was quick to warn them and call break.
    Cortez won't be overly strict, but he won't let Hatton get away with a lot of wrestling either.
    I agree. Hatton's going to have to fight. Not snuggle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, although I thought Cortez was quite good in that fight... I just watched it again last night to really have a look at how he handled the two, and he let them go when they were being active but quick to get them apart when they're tangled....
    I actually think that's not so bad for Ricky either as he gets into a good rhythm of going straight back in as soon as the referee has stepped back and is right in there after only a second throwing hooks..

From a judges point of view it actually makes him look very active and like the aggressor continually taking the fight to his opponent. I beleive he looks in good stead to win rounds when he gets a chance to do this 9 or 10 times during it....
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the main benefit for Haton will be that Cortez is expierienced enough to recognise the difference between holding and mauling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I think the main benefit for Hatton will be that Cortez is expierienced enough to recognise the difference between holding and mauling.
    Yep spot on...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What you think Dizaster?
    I feel if Riacky manages to wrestle him a bit early and rough him up in the mid rounds he may stop Floyd's late onslaught and tire the pretty boy a little.

Thread Information