Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who , wins and why

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time for the vote : Hatton - Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Time for the vote : Hatton - Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy.
    Mayweather UD, the talent gap is just not even close IMO!
    Ricks gotta make it ugly that’s for sure . I believe that Ricky has what it takes to get Mayweather out of his comfort zone if the ring is manageable, if so I feel that Rick will stretch Mayweather inside the distance .. if the ring is ridiculously large like usual then Mayweather has too many options available and will win by Decision. !

I am thinking its going to be a fast ring, or Mayweather would not have signed up.
    Hows things LG, the ring size don't make much difference IMO, Floyds just technically better. Even in close I think Hatton's gonna have trouble connecting with anything clean!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricks gotta make it ugly that’s for sure . I believe that Ricky has what it takes to get Mayweather out of his comfort zone if the ring is manageable, if so I feel that Rick will stretch Mayweather inside the distance .. if the ring is ridiculously large like usual then Mayweather has too many options available and will win by Decision. !

I am thinking its going to be a fast ring, or Mayweather would not have signed up.
    Hows things LG, the ring size don't make much difference IMO, Floyds just technically better. Even in close I think Hatton's gonna have trouble connecting with anything clean!
    Doing good mate , just staying busy, good to see you.

Floyd is slick as owl shit no question. you make a good point.

Hatton is bit over the top with the aggression, has great stamina and a mindset reminds me of Duran in overdrive.. which leads me to believe that in close. Hatton can physically create opportunities for himself by pushing Mayweather’s hands down , just getting down right nasty. If he catches that Mayweather liver and it game over. That why I say ringsize plays a large roll . I been in the big rings chasing runners, it’s a fukall .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doing good mate , just staying busy, good to see you.

Floyd is slick as owl S*** no question. you make a good point.

Hatton is bit over the top with the aggression, has great stamina and a mindset reminds me of Duran in overdrive.. which leads me to believe that in close. Hatton can physically create opportunities for himself by pushing Mayweather’s hands down , just getting down right nasty. If he catches that Mayweather liver and it game over. That why I say ringsize plays a large roll . I been in the big rings chasing runners, it’s a fukall .
    I agree thats Hatton best & only chance, I just don't see Floyd letting him do it!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather UD 117-111 116-112 117-111 it will be tough but he has to much class.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky! Ric-ky! Ric-ky! RIC-KKY!!!

GO RICKY!!!!!!!!

The hitman by k.o.

floyd 38-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    I cross referenced this vote with the poll on www.hbo.com's boxing page last nite...
    The results were surprising!

35% felt that Mayweather wins on points
    35% felt Hatton would win by KO
    17% thought Hatton would win on points.
    11% thought Mayweather would win on points
    2% saw the possibility of the draw.

In summation thats:
    52% for a Hatton win
    46% for a Floyd win.
    2% for the draw.
    :P

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will dazzle, Ricky will bleed.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Floyd will dazzle, Ricky will bleed.
    not to far from the way it will go
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    its simple:

Hatton will throw more
    Hatton will land more
    Mayweahter will land crisper punches at a higher %
    Hatton will throw and land harder shots

Hatton 7-5, 8-4, 7-5

Hatton will throw more
    Hatton will miss more
    Hatton will get cut up
    Hatton could even taste the canvas for a second time
    Hatton won't win on points
    Hatton could get stopped
    Mayweather all the way BABY!!!!

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ID love to see Ricky upset the world.
    Cant see him doing it aside from a ko shot.
    Floyd wins ud.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    I've really enjoyed watching Hatton from the beginning of his career and I think he is a very very good fighter indeed. In Brit terms, the best pressure fighter we've produced since Barry McGuigan and a true world-class operator. He has a decent media image, is exciting, good chin and brave as they come.

On the downside, I have always been really concerned at his conditioning between fights - to me, that is unprofessional and it will undoubtedly catch up with him in the ring one day. As a pressure fighter he also takes more punches that a stand-off boxer would and those two things (allied with his susceptibility to cuts) will mean he has a shorter career than say, Chris Eubank or Joe Calzaghe .... so we should enjoy it while we can.

I also just can't forget how he struggled with Collazzo and am aware that he has seldom defended a title (which to me is harder than winning one). Someone like Calzaghe has a much better legacy, but doesn't get the credit because he is less media friendly and because he generally stayed in the UK - though he has now cleaned out the division and unified it, so I hope that logical people don't hold that against him in years to come.

I can't help thinking that PBF is a phenomenon, the best things I've seen since Ray Leonard. Ray always had a Plan B, though, and I will be interested to see what Floys does if he gets dragged into the trenches.

I don't think that Ricky will be able to catch Floyd to blast him out early, I think Hatton will win the early rounds on aggression and volume but he will most likely be unable to pin Mayweather down long enough to land the two or three shots he will need to stop him. I see Floys coming more into the fight after the third and beginning to time hatton coming in - it's at this point that I think the extra weight will take it's toll and, as Floys is a slashing type of puncher, I do fear that he will cut Ricky up and force a technical stoppage around the 8th or 9th. If the ref is not too squeamish, Ricky might make it to a points loss.

Having said that, if Hatton actually pulls this off, I think it will be the best win by a British boxer since Curry Honeyghan (and Robinson-Turpin before that)
    Well, for once, I wasn't too far wrong !!

I thought Mayweather was absolutely fantastic last night. He was cool as a cucumber, he can clearly stand up for himself, foul and spoil with the best of them. He managed to con the referee (who I thought was poor and over-fussy, but not so it had any massive bearing on the actual outcome of the fight). Mayweather's speed and accuracy - his timing on the successful lead right he used was phenomenal, and the left hook that started the end was such a peach that I don't think Hatton even saw it coming - he then bashed into the ring post head first which didn't help).

To me, the sign of a great athlete is 'grace under pressure' ...... hats off to Floyd, I thought he was brilliant.

Hatton, IMO, was much to tense and hyped at the beginning. He was ragged and showed little head movement coming in (sorry, but it was UNeducated pressure he was deploying) When he found that Floyd was not running away, yet he still couldn't hit him cleanly, I think he lost the plot a bit and became desperate. I thought that the game was up when he weighed in 2 pounds under the limit actually.

As usual, I thought Hatton's post fight interview was a gem. He hadn't lost his sense of humour and was obviously so gutted (but because he thought he'd let people down) No excuses from him, despite Sky trying to get him to blame the referee. An honest and decent guy, and there is no shame in losing by moving up a weight to fight the greatest fighter since Ray Leonard.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information