Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins - Calzaghe "signed by next week"

A nice Philly memory
    When you got rousted by Rizzo's boys,often enough they sent you somewhere depending on what you did
    I got tossed in to a house run institution
    Just a couple in West Philly,who wanted to give back,I was the only white boy in the place
    Every day theyd let us go use the basketball court,I foul hard,I cant shoot,so even though Im 6'5" I gotta play defense
    Didnt matter though
    They rarely supervised us going the half block to the court,even though any of us could have bolted
    No god damned way we'd have done that,they treated us better then our own folks,and we knew it,not a single one of us was going to repay their kindess badly
    We'd just have the door opened,and go play b-ball,I think there son would follow us(its 20 years gone by give me a break if my memory isnt what it was)but any of us could have bolted
    It wasnt going to happen,I think we'd have tackled anyone who ran

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    cc Back bro
    Another one that still cracks me up,I was living at 48th and Baltimore,we're having one of those painful mornings,where your drinking the 40,not because you really want a beer,but the alternatives are just to freaking painful,OK,Ill admit it was an early afternoon
    One of those type of days,your not starting with cheerios
    This old brother just stumbles out of nowhere,he isnt walking as much as gliding side to side
    (I swear theres a funny part to this one)
    So we're passing a forty of Old English(which is frankly vile,but it was a bad start to all of our days,if you get my drift)and we're sitting on the porch wondering,"Whats he up to?"
    The guy stops dead in front of us and says "Hey you crackers are all right,you want some chicken?"(he's got one of those grease drenched bags they used to serve it in around there)
    And drops like a rock in the center of the street
    The conversation that followed
    "Did that just really happen?"
    "Yeah"
    "How much illegal crap is in the house?"
    "We're pretty cool"
    "Ok somebody drag him out of the street,Im going to see if we have any change to make a call"
    Its only funny in hindsight because the guy was only stoned to the gills,if it had been a heart attack it wouldnt be funny
    Funny in this country people constantly point the finger at African Americans for having a high cholesteral rate
    Dude have you ever seen whats for sale as takeout in a black neighborhood?
    A pizza joint,a soul food joint(high butter content on everything),theres a battered truck selling BBQ(oh thats healthy),a couple of fast food joints(Checkers may taste good,but)and some bars that all have their own version of Fried Chicken that all taste the same(very good,but very greasy)
    Health food in any variation of the ghetto is Chinese Food,vegatation is involved in some way
    Ok,I admit collared greens are vegatation,but the way you get them from a soul food joint,only barely
    Another story involving poultry. Classic. So I take you had a healthy diet of chicken and Hard liquor correct? No Soul food for you.
    You got some good stories my friend.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Grandma Johnsons greens were to die for,but Im pretty sure at my age,Id have a massive coronary just looking at them
    Funny,I have never met a white person in all my days that could cook greens worth a damn,same with chick peas
    But if she was laying them out on the table,if you only asked for seconds youd been snacking before you got to the table,and she knew it
    She knew it to the tune of"Boy you cant be eating that garbage"
    And people wonder why Bernards recent "white boy" comments didnt even make me blink,its just how people talk in that area,Im used to it

Thread Information