Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao-diaz Title Fight Sells 7,000 Tickets On First Day

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

Yeah David needs to grow a pair and get nasty . Hes not well known enough to be humble Oscar and Mosley can get away with it but he cant .

The way I see the fight unfolding is Pac being too quick and powerful for Diaz early . Might drop a couple times but if the rumours are true that he isnt training hard then Diaz could make this interesting in the 2nd half cuz I aint been impressed with Pacs workrate in his last 2 fights .
    Yes. The romours are true. He's still in the Philippines. He's busy attending some invitations from high ranked Philippine politicians, doing some charities, releasing baby turtles in the ocean, writting article about preserving nature... and all those craps. He needs to get his ass in wild card gym pronto!

But I guess that's the way he really is. Manny is just being Manny.

I heard he was scuba diving (sp?) and his justification for thiswas that teh salt water is good for his skin as it strengthens it and stops him from cutting . Who belives this crap . Just be honest . He cant be bothered to train cuz he knows Diaz is a bum and will be an easy win .

My concern is if he doesnt get Diaz out of tehre early Mannys fitness levels may not be what they should be and this could develop into a mini war .

When I saw Diaz box I thought this guy is really useless. I mean he doesnt even know the basics. How on earth is he holding a WBC title. If Manny loses to him its more embarassing than the Torrencampo defeat .
    i think diaz is underrated. he's only lost once and he did beat zab judah twice in the amateurs and stopped armando santa cruz, the same guy who got screwed by the judges after a dominant performance against casamayor. diaz is also the naturally bigger guy who started out as light welterweight whereas manny debut at 106lbs. so, it wouldn't really be that embarrassing should manny loses to the underrated david diaz. i'm expecting both these guys though to put up one heck of a fight.
    Last edited by KKisser; 05-10-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm smarter than the promoters, this ain't a fight.

Pacquiao by KO.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm predicting a UD again for Pacquaio but am not discounting the fact that Diaz can win this by SD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a saying in the Philippines,.. that "quiet people are more dangerous". All of Pac's past opponents were very vocal,.. but except for this guy David Diaz. That's why I have a bad feeling for this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac best not underestimate Diaz but IMO he is and I would not be surprised to see Diaz win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Pac best not underestimate Diaz but IMO he is and I would not be surprised to see Diaz win
    He's already underestimating Diaz. He's still nowhere to be found in the Wild Card Gym.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pac fought everybody with the intensity and health he fought Erik Morales in fight II and III... he'd knock all of them out within 4.

The problem with Pac is he is too physically gifted, much like a Tyson in his prime, so he takes fights like Oscar Larios easy... as a result he was seeing stars for a moment in that fight from a great Oscar punch.

I still stand by my statement.... Diaz is too easy a fight for me to be concerned for Pac.

It's a fight that's beneath Pac.

Pac needs to fight a real guy, anything less and he's wasting his prime days on "easy belt titles" and money. When he has a chance at being heads and shoulders above every fighter of the 21st century.

Enough said.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gyrokai my man is right. He ain't no pac-fan but he knows lot about pac, make no mistake about that, folks. But my only problem with pac for this fight is that he seems to be enjoying his extended vacation when no one is watching and pretends to be training when some guys with cameras are watching. You can see that in the local news every now and then nowadays.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should be an entertaining fight. Good undercards too.
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao stops Diaz IMO
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    Gyrokai my man is right. He ain't no pac-fan but he knows lot about pac, make no mistake about that, folks. But my only problem with pac for this fight is that he seems to be enjoying his extended vacation when no one is watching and pretends to be training when some guys with cameras are watching. You can see that in the local news every now and then nowadays.
    That's also my concern Pacfan. I'm beginning to lost interest with Pacquaio. It's hard to be frustrated.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    That's also my concern Pacfan. I'm beginning to lost interest with Pacquaio. It's hard to be frustrated.
    That's why I've kept my mouth shut the last couple months. He really disappointed me the in last fight which I thought he could've finished earlier. Then he comes overweight 'till the last minute and dehydrate himself right before the fight. The fact he didn't have much left at end is the proof of that cuz you know he always finishes strong. That was also the case in the Barrera II fight. So now you know why I'm concentrating on other things here. I'm just a bit tired of saying the same ol' things and getting disappointed afterwards. Rep back after spreading some.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If PAC gasses out in this one, he will get stopped. I think PAC's edge is his speed(foot and hand), David will be punching harder, taking punches better, be as cardio fit. If PAC tires big time somewhere in the fight it's gonna be light's out. Hopefully PAC does not cut back in his training THINKING that since he only have to lose a couple more pounds that he'll be ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny promises GMA he’ll dish out his best
    By Abac Cordero, The Philippine Star, Tue, 13 May 2008
    Manny Pacquiao paid a courtesy call on President Arroyo yesterday and vowed to do his best when he faces reigning World Boxing Council lightweight champion David Diaz on June 28 in Las Vegas. Pacquiao, who was scheduled to leave for Los Angeles last night to begin his heavy training for the comin Read Full Story >>> Philippine Star - Articles - -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for the Link Pre, hopefully he do train longer than 6 weeks:

This should kick off a rigid training program that would last more than six weeks. Chief trainer Freddie Roach is hoping that Pacquiao arrives in shape so they could take it hard the moment he steps into the gym.

Thread Information