Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  191
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Brook v Spence result

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr - 27/5/17 Sheffield UK

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Khan has faced 14 "world" champions going 11 wins 3 losses. Now regardless of the quality or the physical state they were in at the time that's pretty impressive by anyones standards. Only a proven world-class operator is producing stats like that.

I'm all ears if someone can make a case for 5 British fighters with stronger credentials than him?
    Come on @Fenster, you're a font of knowledge , and I respect that massively, but in those wins, you're counting people like a shot Alexander, an old MAB who wanted to continue despite not being able to see due to a head butt, who also fought at a career high weight by the way, Kotelnik and Algieri , 2 very weak World Champions, Algieri having hit the deck SIX TIMES against Manny, and that's just off the top of my head, I could dissect it further if you like.
    Now, back in the real World, what the fuck has Khan done in the last 6 years to stake his claim to anything?
    I'm genuinely disappointed that someone as knowledgeable as you would resort to sound bites and hot air.
    Let's keep it real please.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Khan shouldn't be top 5. He is probably close but he hasn't shown much in the past few years to prove it.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Khan has faced 14 "world" champions going 11 wins 3 losses. Now regardless of the quality or the physical state they were in at the time that's pretty impressive by anyones standards. Only a proven world-class operator is producing stats like that.I'm all ears if someone can make a case for 5 British fighters with stronger credentials than him?
    Come on @Fenster, you're a font of knowledge , and I respect that massively, but in those wins, you're counting people like a shot Alexander, an old MAB who wanted to continue despite not being able to see due to a head butt, who also fought at a career high weight by the way, Kotelnik and Algieri , 2 very weak World Champions, Algieri having hit the deck SIX TIMES against Manny, and that's just off the top of my head, I could dissect it further if you like.Now, back in the real World, what the fuck has Khan done in the last 6 years to stake his claim to anything? I'm genuinely disappointed that someone as knowledgeable as you would resort to sound bites and hot air.Let's keep it real please.
    "The hate is strong in this one" :-)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not hate Bud. As @Fenster would say, FACT!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khans numbers are very good and he has a case to be included in the top 5. I think he is just squeezed out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sound bites? Thin air? Keep it real?

For starters I CLEARLY stated the qualifier for Khan's opposition "regardless of the quality or physical state they were in" - hence my statistic fully takes into account that some champions weren't in their prime or great. Secondly - I asked if anyone can give British fighters with better credentials? It's a question, nobody is yet to answer it.

Brook, who I and everyone else will obviously rate in the top three Brits at worst, has faced 4 "world" champions going 3 wins, 1 loss.

Golovkin - P4P, no.1 middleweight, prime.
    Porter - top ranked welter, prime.
    Senchenko - former title holder.
    Ndou - former title holder, past his pomp.

The point is, even though I believe Brook will smash Khan into a million bits, and currently is better than him P4P, Brook's overall level of opposition is not as deep as Khan's. That's a frigging fact whether you hate Khan or really, really hate him.

Khan in the past six years has faced

Zab - former P4P, two division title holder, undisputed welter champ, past his pomp.
    Peterson - two divison titlist, current welterweight titlist.
    Garcia - two divison titlist, current top welter.
    Diaz - former titlist.
    Collazo - former titlist.
    Alexander - two division titlist.
    Algieri - former titlist.
    Canelo - P4P, two division titlist, current lineal middleweight champion.

Right, so that's "what the fuck Khan has done" in the past 6 years. He got knocked out twice by current P4P prime fighters, he lost a disputed decision to a current "world" champion and beat five former "world" champions who were in solid form at the time.

Give me 5 P4P Brits and i'll rate the worth of Khan's form against theirs.

((on a side note - Kotelnik was an excellent boxer, he beat Maidana, was robbed twice against M'baye, arguably robbed against Alexander and arguably robbed against Witter. And Algieri getting knocked down 50 times against Pac is utterly irrelevant, Pac's performance has no bearing on Khan's, Pac is an all-time great Khan is not))
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-06-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought kotelnik beat whitter and maidana
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sound bites? Thin air? Keep it real?

For starters I CLEARLY stated the qualifier for Khan's opposition "regardless of the quality or physical state they were in" - hence my statistic fully takes into account that some champions weren't in their prime or great. Secondly - I asked if anyone can give British fighters with better credentials? It's a question, nobody is yet to answer it.

Brook, who I and everyone else will obviously rate in the top three Brits at worst, has faced 4 "world" champions going 3 wins, 1 loss.

The point is, even though I believe Brook will smash Khan into a million bits, and currently is better than him P4P, Brook's overall level of opposition is not as deep as Khan's. That's a frigging fact whether you hate Khan or really, really hate him.

Zab - former P4P, two division title holder, undisputed welter champ, past his pomp.
    Peterson - two divison titlist, current welterweight titlist.
    Garcia - two divison titlist, current top welter.
    Diaz - former titlist.
    Collazo - former titlist.
    Alexander - two division titlist.
    Algieri - former titlist.
    Canelo - P4P, two division titlist, current lineal middleweight champion.

Right, so that's "what the fuck Khan has done" in the past 6 years. He got knocked out twice by current P4P prime fighters, he lost a disputed decision to a current "world" champion and beat five former "world" champions who were in solid form at the time.

((on a side note - Kotelnik was an excellent boxer, he beat Maidana, was robbed twice against M'baye, arguably robbed against Alexander and arguably robbed against Witter. And Algieri getting knocked down 50 times against Pac is utterly irrelevant, Pac's performance has no bearing on Khan's, Pac is an all-time great Khan is not))
    As ever from you @Fenster, very concise and informative, but I don't agree with it all. I have to be somewhere for a couple of hours , but I will respond later when I can give it the time it deserves. 😉

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, so here goes !
    "Sound bites? Thin air? Keep it real?

For starters I CLEARLY stated the qualifier for Khan's opposition "regardless of the quality or physical state they were in" - hence my statistic fully takes into account that some champions weren't in their prime or great. Secondly - I asked if anyone can give British fighters with better credentials? It's a question, nobody is yet to answer it."
    There's the Sound bite! You can't use the World champions he's beat to prove your point and then put "regardless of the quality or physical state they were in"

Zab - former P4P, two division title holder, undisputed welter champ, past his pomp. WHO DOESN'T BEAT ZAB? ANYONE WHO IS ANYONE BEAT ZAB.UNINSPIRING.
    Peterson - two divison titlist, current welterweight titlist . AND LOST
    Garcia - two divison titlist, current top welter.AND LOST
    Diaz - former titlist. WAY PAST HIS BEST,FIGHTING AT A CAREER HIGH WEIGHT AND STILL GAVE KHAN TROUBLE
    Collazo - former titlist. WHO HADNT FOUGHT ANYONE OF NOTE FOR A COUPLE YEARS, NOR SINCE
    Alexander - two division titlist. ON THE SLIDE NO LONGER AT THE TOP LEVEL,BULLIED AND RUINED BY PORTER.
    Algieri - former titlist. HERE'S THE THIN AIR. SO HE WON A WORLD TITLE, LOOK WHAT MANNY DID TO HIM , ATG OR NOT. AND HE FUCKING STRUGGLED AGAINST HIM.
    Canelo - P4P, two division titlist, current lineal middleweight champion. AND WAS BRUTALLY KO'd JUST LIKE EVERYONE THOUGHT HE WOULD.

Totally disagree. I've given my reasons above.

Here's the Get real!
    p4p isn't about what you've done in the past, if it was Roy Jones Jr. Would still be in the top 10! It's about the here and now, and Khan has done fuck all recently to even be considered. In the past, obviously yes, but in a time where the UK Has double figures World champions, he's nowhere n

((on a side note - Kotelnik was an excellent boxer, he beat Maidana, was robbed twice against M'baye, arguably robbed against Alexander and arguably robbed against Witter. And Algieri getting knocked down 50 times against Pac is utterly irrelevant, Pac's performance has no bearing on Khan's, Pac is an all-time great Khan is not))"
    Kotelnik may have been a decent fighter, but he was widely recognised at the time as being the easiest route to a World title.
    Ps. Excuse all the red and capitals, I'm not trying to be a smarmy cunt, it's just to differentiate and make it look clearer.

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where are your top five Italians then? And you can't choose Italian Americans or Glaswegians who like pizza.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Where are your top five Italians then? And you can't choose Italian Americans or Glaswegians who like pizza.
    Hang on a minute , "piss take Pete", if you can have Khan from Pakistan , Brook,Degale and Joshua (Afro Carribbean) and many many others, I'm having, Carnera (Naturally), Willie Pep, Marciano , La Motta and CALZAGHE!
    I was the neutral here, I never said that the Italians were better than the Americans, but then I wouldn't be so arrogant!!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a little pizza for dinner the other night, can I be Italian? I don't think I'd make the p4p list but I would feel like a little less of a fraud for eating pizza at least.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I had a little pizza for dinner the other night, can I be Italian? I don't think I'd make the p4p list but I would feel like a little less of a fraud for eating pizza at least.
    Mate , EVERYBODY knows that Batman is Italian. That's why he drives such a fast car!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mama mia

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Hang on a minute , "piss take Pete", if you can have Khan from Pakistan , Brook,Degale and Joshua (Afro Carribbean) and many many others, I'm having, Carnera (Naturally), Willie Pep, Marciano , La Motta and CALZAGHE! I was the neutral here, I never said that the Italians were better than the Americans, but then I wouldn't be so arrogant!!
    Khan was born in Bolton, Calzaghe is a cockney, Brook, Degale etc are all British. If you have spent your entire life in Britain how can you then be a neutral? Pep etc were all born in America. So how can they be Italian?Weak argument just like your Khan nonsense.

Thread Information