Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think George Zimmerman is guilty of murder?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Does anyone think George Zimmerman is guilty of murder?

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "A GUN prevents crime"
    Concealed Carry Means Fewer Murders, Says New Study - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    OK Fenster, let's say you are a criminal would you rather rob someone in a place where guns are illegal and law abiding citizens are 100% unarmed OR would you rather press your luck in a place where who knows who could be packing heat. Riddle me that before you laugh off "guns prevent crime"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    "A GUN prevents crime"
    Concealed Carry Means Fewer Murders, Says New Study - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    OK Fenster, let's say you are a criminal would you rather rob someone in a place where guns are illegal and law abiding citizens are 100% unarmed OR would you rather press your luck in a place where who knows who could be packing heat. Riddle me that before you laugh off "guns prevent crime"
    Do guns prevent unarmed criminal activity in your part of the world? No. Why? Because criminals are criminals, regardless.

I don't have a problem with you owning guns. If I lived in your lunatic part of the world I probably would too. But guns clearly don't prevent crime. You can produce statistics until the cows come home, but you know the reality is crime will happen with or without guns. A gun just makes it easier to be a criminal.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

You see guns from 1 side Fenster and that's the problem. You see guns and automatically think bad guys have them because that's what young children in the UK are taught. Guns are bad because they are illegal and only bad people have them.

Well I hate to break it to you and the rest of the world but guns level the playing field when it comes to crime. If a criminal tries to rob a person who has a concealed carry then there's a few things that can/will happen but mainly it's either 1. The criminal sees the gun and runs away OR 2. The criminal is shot wounded/killed.

You don't like guns fine, England doesn't like guns fine....but don't you fucking DARE try and tell Americans how to live we'll do as we damn well please. Nothing has changed since 1776, we didn't want your noses in our business then and we don't care for them in our business now. And if you have a problem with that tough shit we have guns and we fucking LOVE them!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've already said if I lived where you do I'd probably be paranoid about guns too. I don't care whether you lunatics have guns or not. Someone pointing a gun at me is something i've never really had to think about, which seems like something to be thankful for when reading threads like this.

There are numerous possible conclusions to your robbery scenario. If "concealed carry" was such an effective deterrent then why is the criminal chancing his arm in the first place?

This very thread was about a possible "crime" that involved a gun. However, Zimmerman-Martin was a confrontation between two NON criminals. So how big a factor did the gun play in this?

Zimmerman - the man with the gun - got attacked. Now I assume Martin didn't know he had a gun, but regardless it didn't prevent the confrontation. Zimmerman was the one screaming for help getting his arse kicked. What if Martin had noticed the gun? What if he wrestled it off Zimmerman? Would Zimmerman have even tracked him in the first place without the gun?

The gun just made things worse.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or possibly saved Zimmerman's life. Whether you think he deserved it or not is another story but he did have a young man on top of him bashing his head into the curb. Had the story been "Latino man beaten by black teen finally taken off life support due to no brain activity" it would have been equally or more tragic.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Or possibly saved Zimmerman's life. Whether you think he deserved it or not is another story but he did have a young man on top of him bashing his head into the curb. Had the story been "Latino man beaten by black teen finally taken off life support due to no brain activity" it would have been equally or more tragic.
    Awww come on he was an innocent 3 year old child just out to get his skittles and iced tea

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The gun just made things worse"

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Awww come on he was an innocent 3 year old child just out to get his skittles and iced tea
    You are acting like a 3 year old Lyle. We will never hear his side because he is dead.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    You are acting like a 3 year old Lyle. We will never hear his side because he is dead.
    We got to hear his side via the mildly retarded socially inept Rachael Jeantel who said that Trayvon physically confronted George Zimmerman because he thought George Zimmerman was a gay predator.

I'm sorry if I seem a little "irked" but when the media pulls shit like this...

I have EVERY right to be pissed off about it. You're an ocean away and you bellyache worse than Al Sharpton. If Trayvon wanted to live how about he doesn't decide to attack someone out of the fucking blue? How about Trayvon says "Hey, why are you following me?" Now had Trayvon done that and THEN Zimmerman shot him, yes Zimmerman would be 100% guilty and get the death penalty but no Trayvon ATTACKED Zimmerman, made Zimmerman fear for his life and Zimmerman shot to stop the attack. Don't fucking play pretend that anything different happened, that's the way it played out. Shit happens and yeah that situation sucked and both parties involved royally fucked up but Martin broke the law by physically assaulting Zimmerman and how was Zimmerman to know that Trayvon was just an average kid? Zimmerman just got punched in the fucking face by the guy and THEN had his head slammed into the concrete.....maybe you want to talk it out when someone is slamming your head into the concrete eh? Would you feel safe and secure when someone is trying to give you a concussion there Beanz?

But you judge my country away....judge away. Not like YOUR fucking Police didn't shoot a Brazilian for no fucking reason a few years ago.....but nah you judge us Beanz because you fucking know us soooo well.

El Kabong Guest

Punching Zimmerman in the face made things worse FACT. Run and hide, fine. Ask Zimmerman why he's following you, fine. Randomly punch a guy just for following you...WRONG. How do you not fucking grasp that?

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Kabong Guest

OK, let's run with that premise....and if there is no gun and Trayvon killed Zimmerman? What then? Zimmerman still an evil guy? The "concrete made things worse"?

Be a simpleton if you want to, no skin off my back

Mentioned
    949 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle I am not judging you or America if you want to align yourself with George Zimmermann then whoopee doo for you, your hero is alive, hooray!

El Kabong Guest

Lyle I am not judging you or America if you want to align yourself with George Zimmermann then whoopee doo for you, your hero is alive, hooray!
    What is your problem? You're so hung up on this shit you can't see the main point and the main point is the COURT CASE. Because court cases have implications for other citizens!

To me it's not about black & white, it's not about Trayvon & Zimmerman, it's not about youth vs age, it's not about stand your ground, I take all that out of the equation and just focus on THE FACTS.

Just the facts, no emotions.

Person A follows person B. Person B grows suspicious. Person B assaults person A. That is the point at which a crime has been committed. Person A feels their life is in danger and uses a weapon to end the threat. the weapon causes the death of Person B.

That is it, that is the case devoid of any of the bullshit everyone placed on it and you still have a hair up your ass about it, why you care is beyond me but you go right ahead.

Thread Information