Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who,What & How

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (New Pavlik Training Vid Old School Style!Pg 14!)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (News On Pavlik's Training Camp for JT, Last

We all know that Pavlik is a very adaptive boxer. He can adapt to alot of diffrent styles to almost every opponent. But how do you adapt to this. Pavlik is so long and rangy so its very hard to get in close. Even if you do he dose alot of damage. With his legnth and power he is very hard to cut off the ring. Pavlik also has to deal with a quick fighter. He needs to throw more jabs and fake alot of punches to try to get his man to commit. The word in Youngstown is that Pavlik is using very good sparing partners. Which is something that he dose alot. He goes through the, like a baby goes through pampers. I think that Taylors chin will be tested. Pavliks has already been tested and passed with flying colors. I think Pavlik by a mid-late KO or TKO. Taylor will not want to use the rematch clause.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (News On Pavlik's Training Camp for JT, Last Page

Keys to Victory Video for Both fighters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBo25mAJKE
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Keys to Victory Video for Both fighters Page

I wouldnt say Miranda was untested. Who do you call Arthur Abraham. Miranda minus pionts taken won that clearly. Taylor one the other hand robbed two fights. In my opinion Taylor is 26-2-0.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Keys to Victory Video for Both fighters Page

Quote Originally Posted by southakron314
    I wouldnt say Miranda was untested. Who do you call Arthur Abraham. Miranda minus pionts taken won that clearly. Taylor one the other hand robbed two fights. In my opinion Taylor is 26-2-0.
    you are referring to one of the B-Hop fights and Winky correct?

As a note: Winky was on the wrong end of his fight against JT AND B-Hop.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you look at my post, i said he's fought bernard hopkins I didn't say beat. He's also fought wright. Whether you believe he won those fights or not isn't the point, the fact of the matter is he has the experience of fighting those guys and thats more important than a spotless record.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Keys to Victory Video for Both fighters Page 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    If you look at my post, i said he's fought bernard hopkins I didn't say beat. He's also fought wright. Whether you believe he won those fights or not isn't the point, the fact of the matter is he has the experience of fighting those guys and thats more important than a spotless record.
    By your logic, Emmanual Augustus would have gone undefeated....
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Keys to Victory Video for Both fighters Page 13)

First of all, nothing i've said on this thread has anything to do with that guy period. Whether you believe taylor stole the decision in those fights doesn't really matter because they were close and he made it to the decision in the first place. If he didn't win them, they were close losses.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I meant was jsut because you have faced top notch opponents doesn't mean you can beat them. Although experience does help, alone it is not enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    What I meant was jsut because you have faced top notch opponents doesn't mean you can beat them. Although experience does help, alone it is not enough.
    I never said it was.

If I was to reword it, I guess it would say this: The confidence from knowing you've fought and beaten (or robbed in some people's eyes ) the best out there is better have than the confidence that you've never been beaten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    I never said it was.

If I was to reword it, I guess it would say this: The confidence from knowing you've fought and beaten (or robbed in some people's eyes ) the best out there is better have than the confidence that you've never been beaten.
    Whilst that is certainly a valid theory,I disagree somewhat. Taylor will know he faced big names before and "won" and Pavlik certainly hasn't faced anyone of B Hop or Winky's stature but styles make fights.

JT could have fought B Hop and WInky 10 times each and be ultra confident but it still won't prepare him for variables like Pavlik's power,strength and stamina which are far superior to B Hop's and WInky's. Experience helps but I don't think it helps as much as some say.

Perfect example is JT facing southpaws. People say he looked bad because he faced 3 southpaws in a row but surely in the combined training camps he could have adapted using his experience from having faced them.Just an example.

BTW,I'm really really getting hyped for this fight!!! If Taylor wins,he could still be the star everyone thought he could be at some point and would lay to rest his past poor performances but if Pavlik wins I think we have a new star in the making!

And a side note,if JT has problems with southpaws,when he moves to 168 after this fight,keep him away from Calzaghe! He would get slaughtered!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://maxboxing.com/kim/kim091707.asp

Excellent read on Pavlik!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This might be a bit of a ridiculous post and I just thought of this, but it seems to me that knowing that Pavlik is completely ambidextrous, and that (arguably) Jermaine Taylor's best weapon is his jab, AND that Taylor has struggled against southpaws - would it be expected that Pavlik would train to fight at least a small part of the fight as a lefty? Kind of the reverse of what Hagler did against Leonard. I think it would confuse JT and possibly throw a bit of his gameplan out the window, which could be pivotal as he doesn't seem to adapt very well during fights?
    Just thought about this while I was sitting in class daydreaming and I thought I'd throw it out there for you guys to rip apart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Commercial for the Fight & New Pavlik Audio LP)

Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Commercial for the Fight & New Pavlik Audio LP)

Without having to read every page of this thread ,wot British channel is it on?
    Balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Official Taylor Vs Pavlik Poll (Commercial for the Fight & New Pavlik Audio

I think Jermaine Taylor is just a far better boxer than anyone Pavlik has faced, is comfortable in that he has been in several big name fights for the title and dont forget, JT can still punch, probably just as hard as Kelly Pavlik does. Taylor's defense is much better than Miranda's was, so I dont think Pavlik's pressure will bother him much. Rather it will give him opportunities to counter. The few counters Edison Miranda threw in close landed pretty cleanly on Pavlik's face. Taylor is a much sharper and more accurate puncher than Miranda and could do big damage by counterpunching against Pavlik's straight ahead onslaught. Pavlik never really goes any direction but straight forward and I doubt he can fight too well going back. If JT takes the momentum and gets Pavlik in trouble enough to get him to back up, he could be in real trouble. Taylor by UD or late round TKO.

Thread Information