Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Create The Best Boxer With Today's Fighters

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Well if I'm allowed to get a little analytical here having the best possible attributes in each category would NOT make the best fighter in the world.

It's just like those photo's that mix and match the sexiest women by bodypart and form the 'perfect' woman that always ends up looking ghastly.

For a fighter to be truly great he has to be not necessarily great in every area but rather all of his areas need to be harmonious with each other.

For example how could a fighter possibly be successful if he tried to mix Juan Diaz's workrate with Winky's defense? How could Juan throw 1000 punches a fight if he was hiding behind his jab all the time?

How can a fighter have an offensive arsenal like Pacqiuo or Valero but the tactics of B Hop?

Likewise if you have Wladimir's jab but Floyd's boxing style what use is your jab?

If you truly could create a fighter that blended all these elements together he'd probably be really inconsistent and beatable as a result. How could he possibly develop a style when each area contradict's the others?
    Go back to your troll hole.
    This is just mythical taking the best attributes from fighters and putting them in one maybe ICB worded himself wrong.
    I think it's pretty obvious that if you have Winkys defense theres no way you can have Juan work rate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Well if I'm allowed to get a little analytical here having the best possible attributes in each category would NOT make the best fighter in the world.

It's just like those photo's that mix and match the sexiest women by bodypart and form the 'perfect' woman that always ends up looking ghastly.

For a fighter to be truly great he has to be not necessarily great in every area but rather all of his areas need to be harmonious with each other.

For example how could a fighter possibly be successful if he tried to mix Juan Diaz's workrate with Winky's defense? How could Juan throw 1000 punches a fight if he was hiding behind his jab all the time?

How can a fighter have an offensive arsenal like Pacqiuo or Valero but the tactics of B Hop?

Likewise if you have Wladimir's jab but Floyd's boxing style what use is your jab?

If you truly could create a fighter that blended all these elements together he'd probably be really inconsistent and beatable as a result. How could he possibly develop a style when each area contradict's the others?
    This is just mythical taking the best attributes from fighters and putting them in one maybe ICB worded himself wrong.
    I think it's pretty obvious that if you have Winkys defense theres no way you can have Juan work rate.
    Well if it's mythical talking then surely I have more right than most to be here as I'm one of the greatest ever fictional characters.

Anway regarding the perfect fighter, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have the discussion but rather that you should put some thought into designing a fighter whose range of skills and attributes compliment each other rather than contradict them.

It's still a good discussion thread, it just needs some more well thought out answers.

Well that's all, you are dismissed, you can go back to your ploughing now

[img width=700 height=462]http://www.mexicanpictures.com/archives/photos/kham/sickle.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

Well if it's mythical talking then surely I have more right than most to be here as I'm one of the greatest ever fictional characters.

Anway regarding the perfect fighter, I'm not saying that you shouldn't have the discussion but rather that you should put some thought into designing a fighter whose range of skills and attributes compliment each other rather than contradict them.

It's still a good discussion thread, it just needs some more well thought out answers.

Well that's all, you are dismissed, you can go back to your ploughing now

[img width=700 height=462]http://www.mexicanpictures.com/archives/photos/kham/sickle.jpg[/img]
    In true hobbit fashion as usual....
    How about this:

Boxing Ability - PBF..............(A+)
    Power - Edwin Valero...........(A+)
    Defense - Winky Wright........(A+)
    Ring Generalship - JMM.........(A+)
    Experience - Hopkins............(A+)
    Chin - Librado Andrade......... (A+)
    Stamina - Hopkins............ ....(A+)
    Heart - Michael Katsidis.........(A+)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd with tyson like power.....
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Thread Information