0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Klitschko-Chagaev ESPN CLASSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Lyle, why didn't HBO want to show it?

After all Chagaev has had 25 HEAVYWEIGHT fights. 25!!! And is a champion.

Haye had only 2!!! And is a rubbish cruiserweight.

Don't make sense.
    HBO still wants to do a Haye fight. If they spend money on this fight they wont have money in their budget for a fall Haye fight. Also the Klitscho fights from Europe that air at 5:00 p.m. tend to get low ratings, Chagaev is virtually unknown in the US, and there is a fear that the fight will be unwatchable like klitscho vs Ibragimov.

That being said, I think it is the most import fight in the heavyweight division. We will finally have an Undisputed Heavyweight Champion for the first time since Vitali Klitschko held the Ring Magazine title in 2004.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post

Don't make sense.
    HBO still wants to do a Haye fight. If they spend money on this fight they wont have money in their budget for a fall Haye fight. Also the Klitscho fights from Europe that air at 5:00 p.m. tend to get low ratings, Chagaev is virtually unknown in the US, and there is a fear that the fight will be unwatchable like klitscho vs Ibragimov.

That being said, I think it is the most import fight in the heavyweight division. We will finally have an Undisputed Heavyweight Champion for the first time since Vitali Klitschko held the Ring Magazine title in 2004.
    The Haye fight must have been going out at 5pm too - it was primetime Germany.

So HBO would rather show Haye-vs-whoever, in the fall, than the most "important" heavyweight fight in the division? That says it all.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

David Haye will be exposed before he even gets the chance to fight Wlad or Vitali....David Haye was a Setanta product and soon he'll find himself in their company again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't make sense.

So HBO would rather show Haye-vs-whoever, in the fall, than the most "important" heavyweight fight in the division? That says it all.
    Not Haye vs whoever, they want Haye vs one of the Klitschkos.

El Kabong Guest

I really hope the best for this fight but I think it is very likely that Chagaev will try and counter Wladimir like Sultan did.....MAYBE just maybe Ruslan attacks Wlad but if he does it's do or die, he had better connect and connect hard if he's going to win that way.

I do think Ruslan has the better training for Wladimir as he was already training to fight someone really tall, Wladimir had to unlearn what he had learned specifically to fight David Haye....although I must say Wladimir is a faaaaaaar more dangerous fighter than Valuev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does Chagaev have any chance of a win ? i have never seen him fight before.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not Haye vs whoever, they want Haye vs one of the Klitschkos.
    They are more interested in Vitali than Wlad?
    Last edited by Fenster; 06-17-2009 at 06:27 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by littlebif View Post
    Does Chagaev have any chance of a win ? i have never seen him fight before.
    Well kind of #1 Wlad prepared to fight David Haye and not Ruslan #2 Chagaev is a southpaw #3 Chagaev is undefeated and #4 David Haye really pissed Wladimir off so he might be mentally out of his game (though it's doubtful). I think Wlad is bigger, stronger, and has fought better competition but stranger things have happened.

And some clips for you to get a glimpse of Ruslan Chagaev so you can form your own opinion on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-c9hm-Q_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fg5z9nb_wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br4vmwM8yYw

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    David Haye will be exposed before he even gets the chance to fight Wlad or Vitali....David Haye was a Setanta product and soon he'll find himself in their company again.

He's only had one heavyweight fight on that station. They only have about 1 million punters.

Why do you think HBO are interested in Haye but not Wlad?

El Kabong Guest

Because HBO wants to see a slaughter instead of someone who sounds like/looks like Sultan Ibragimov....if Wladimir KO Ruslan Chagaev in an early and spectacular manner then I doubt he'll ever have this issue again, but I understand that HBO didn't want to risk that much money on a product that COULD (doesn't mean it's certain) be boring and drive fans away. I think had it been Wladimir vs Valuev they would have been 100% on board with showing it.

It's not all about Haye, it's Haye talks big, he walks small, and he'd be fun to watch get KO'd...remember how many people enjoyed watching MAB slam Naseem Hamed's head into the turnbuckle Well that my friends is what David Haye brings to the division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's only had one heavyweight fight on that station. They only have about 1 million punters.

Why do you think HBO are interested in Haye but not Wlad?
    If you watch HBO, they have been hyping Haye a little bit for the past few months. (IE he appeared in Max Kellerman's rising stars montage). I don't know why they like him, but they do. I would guess it has to do with his charisma and his exciting fighting style.

HBO seems bent on having one Klitscho fight Haye and the other fight Areolla. Watch, if Vitali wins his arbitration against Maskaev(which the results should out soon), he will wind up on HBO fighting either Areolla or Haye

El Kabong Guest

...I think if the Klitschko's were Don King fighters they would be "the greatest thing since sliced bread" but then again they would be less wealthy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not all about Haye, it's Haye talks big, he walks small, and he'd be fun to watch get KO'd
    I call him the heavyweight version of Amir Khan.
    You know a guy that has potential but talks too much and lots of fight fans wants to see him get the s-hit knocked out of him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    I think it's on SKY Sports 2 for us Brits.

Just thought I'd add that
    Just as well you did, as I would of had it on 442 no doubt watching a 1974 Lions Tour Match, whilst cursing Lyle!
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

El Kabong Guest

Why are you cursing me

Thread Information