Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who should Cotto fight next?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The POLL: Who should Cotto fight next?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The POLL: Who should Cotto fight next?

Quote Originally Posted by XaduBoxer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I actually see a clear line to unification in the welterweight division.

With Williams moving up and Margarito banned there are four big guns in the division, (I'm exluding Floyd because he doesnt want anything of the welterweight scene)

Miguel Cotto
    Shane Mosely
    Andre Berto
    Kermit Cintron

Let Cotto fight Cintron and Mosely fight Berto, the two winners fight for all the marbles.

Clottey can hopefully get back in on the action too against one of semi final losers.
    I really think Cintron would starch Cotto. Cotto's the better fighter, but Cintron is a terrible match-up for him IMO.
    Would you vote for Cintron then? Or you like other better match-up for Cotto? I haven't seen your vote yet...
    I would not vote for Cintron. If I had to choose I would pick either a rematch with Mosley or Pacquiao at 147. Those are the fights which most interest me.

As for Margarito, I think he'd have a great chance of beating Cotto again, but I really don't think Cotto wants to fight him because of the plaster scandal. He seems genuinely pissed off about it and his comments prior to the Clottey fight implied that he think a) Margarito knew exactly what was being put in his wraps, and b) that he did the same thing in their fight.

XaduBoxer Guest

I really think Cintron would starch Cotto. Cotto's the better fighter, but Cintron is a terrible match-up for him IMO.
    Would you vote for Cintron then? Or you like other better match-up for Cotto? I haven't seen your vote yet...
    I would not vote for Cintron. If I had to choose I would pick either a rematch with Mosley or Pacquiao at 147. Those are the fights which most interest me.

As for Margarito, I think he'd have a great chance of beating Cotto again, but I really don't think Cotto wants to fight him because of the plaster scandal. He seems genuinely pissed off about it and his comments prior to the Clottey fight implied that he think a) Margarito knew exactly what was being put in his wraps, and b) that he did the same thing in their fight.
    PAC at 147 was not in the poll options... but you can vote for it lumped in the "Others" option... Still I haven't seen yet your very important vote...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't you add an option for Pacquiao at 147? I think there's at least 2 or 3 who posted here that they want a Pac-Cotto fight at 147.

I voted for a Clottey rematch. I really think Clottey will have learned from his mistakes from the first bout and not get too lazy/confident in a rematch. He has the tools to beat Cotto. Also, if Cotto wins convincingly in the rematch, it would erase some question marks from his last performance.

PAC at 147 was not in the poll options... but you can vote for it lumped in the "Others" option... Still I haven't seen yet your very important vote...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The_Infinite View Post
    Can't you add an option for Pacquiao at 147? I think there's at least 2 or 3 who posted here that they want a Pac-Cotto fight at 147.

I voted for a Clottey rematch. I really think Clottey will have learned from his mistakes from the first bout and not get too lazy/confident in a rematch. He has the tools to beat Cotto. Also, if Cotto wins convincingly in the rematch, it would erase some question marks from his last performance.

Sorry but I can't do it... I have no MOD powers... But I won't do it really since I intentionally left it out from the poll choices...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry but I can't do it... I have no MOD powers... But I won't do it really since I intentionally left it out from the poll choices...

Why? Because Pac has a good chance of losing at 147?? What a fag.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I actually see a clear line to unification in the welterweight division.

With Williams moving up and Margarito banned there are four big guns in the division, (I'm exluding Floyd because he doesnt want anything of the welterweight scene)

Miguel Cotto
    Shane Mosely
    Andre Berto
    Kermit Cintron

Let Cotto fight Cintron and Mosely fight Berto, the two winners fight for all the marbles.

Clottey can hopefully get back in on the action too against one of semi final losers.
    I voted for Mosely, but I like Bilbo's Scenario. I disagree that Cintron's a bad match-up for Cotto, and almost voted for that fight. I just think Cotto is too tough for Cintron, and his body attack and pressure would crumple Cintron...tiiimberrr...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post

Why? Because Pac has a good chance of losing at 147?? What a fag.
    I've said I left it out intentionally for a purpose... Don't worry, you will be the first one to know, fag (or gay?) ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same opinion here: Shane is #1, Cotto is #2 so fight for the supremacy and the champion title of the ww division.
    Another reason to fight Mosley is that the first fight was very close.
    But as a boxing fan I‘d love to see him in with Pac. I also prefer to see it happened at 147 but if they decide to fight at catchweight I will respect that and I will not criticize them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto needs to fight either Mosley or Margarito IMO.
    It will let us see if he still the Miguel that people were talking about constantly.
    I do not want him to fight Pac, especially at 143.

XaduBoxer Guest

Hmmnnn.... So far Mosley leading with Margcheat in 2nd...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Berto. Just think it would be a fun match up.

I'd love to see Collazo get a shot again. Feel sorry for the guy.

Unlucky against Hatton, Was hvaing success against Shane until he fractured his hand (2nd round).

Unlucky against Berto

He could cause problems for somebody like Cotto imo. I think Cotto would take him but i see Collazo landing a fair few.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac at 147. I see no merit to the fight for Pac to take him and beat him if ever, at a lesser weight than the WW limit. It will just have the "asterisk" effect to an aspired 7th belt, and, there is nothing worse than the suppressed recognition that it entails!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miguel Cotto-Ricky Hatton makes sense for so many reasons

before margarito/jennings/clottey i genuinely believed cotto was the 2nd best fighter in the world.

But if cheato can knock him out and a one dimensional less heavy handed joshua clottey can give him the nightmares he gave him i see no reason why hatton wouldnt be able to take him late on.

Both fighters would HAVE to win, for the loser it would be game over!!

Mayweather-Marquez
    Pacquiao-Mosley
    Cotto-Hatton

before the years out..............PLEASE
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    Miguel Cotto-Ricky Hatton makes sense for so many reasons

before margarito/jennings/clottey i genuinely believed cotto was the 2nd best fighter in the world.

But if cheato can knock him out and a one dimensional less heavy handed joshua clottey can give him the nightmares he gave him i see no reason why hatton wouldnt be able to take him late on.

Both fighters would HAVE to win, for the loser it would be game over!!

Mayweather-Marquez
    Pacquiao-Mosley
    Cotto-Hatton

before the years out..............PLEASE

THis does make alot more sense now than it did 3 years ago.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fights he will be looking for is Pac or Mayweather but the fights SHOULD have are to avenge his loss to Margarito or avenge it in a round about way by beating Shane again.

The way he boxed vs Clottey Im not convinced he can beat any of those. Pac would be easiest having been knocked out before and being alot smaller. He may have Shanes number if he uses the same tactics again . Tony wont have the same effect on him if he doesnt have concrete in his gloves but I cant really see him beating Floyd.

Thread Information