Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay "i can't ref worth a shit" Nady.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jay "i can't ref worth a S***" Nady.

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGod
    i was piss when nady just gave zab no chance to continue when he stop the fight with koysta.

i think if your a pro ref you have to have in mind every fighters background, he had to consider zabs undefeated record and title, zab did look hurt but there was 0 seconds left it was going into inbetween rounds break and zab look recovered when nady called it off. i think the fight should of continued considering it was break time.
    Ok remember how Zab reacted? Remember Zab's explanation? That he was completely out of it and didn't even remember anything after the punch? And how he had to be told what happened in the locker room?

And that sounds like a guy who was ready to continue?
    no...zab was actually telling nady he was alright, he was screaming and going crazy right after when nady stop the fight. he actually got up way to early, thats why he fell back down. if you fought before and get deck like that every fighter knows that they shouldn't get up that quick, they should stay down until the 8 count.

zab got up quick he was asking nady how did his bold hair look or something then he fell back down and the second time he got up, he look like a fighter that beats the 10th count and considering it was going to be a inbetween round break i think zab deserves to be counted to 10 not a quick stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nady is one of the best referees in boxing. If you ref enough big fights, you're bound to make a mistake or make a controversial call at some point. It's just the law of averages.

Anyone who thinks Nady sucks, I'd be interested to see them list the refs who they think are clearly better.

Kudos to whoever mentioned Vic Drakulich as a horrible referee. I remember Larry Merchant was almost ready to jump into the ring and punch Vic during the first Mayweather-Castillo fight.
    Drakulich kept breaking the fighters and telling them to "Calm Down". Merchant started screaming, "Calm Down? Calm Down? It's a FIGHT for crying out loud!!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was piss when nady just gave zab no chance to continue when he stop the fight with koysta.

i think if your a pro ref you have to have in mind every fighters background, he had to consider zabs undefeated record and title, zab did look hurt but there was 0 seconds left it was going into inbetween rounds break and zab look recovered when nady called it off. i think the fight should of continued considering it was break time.
    don't the rules state that if a fighter gets up after being knocked down but falls back down again the fight is to be ended as a TKO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat

Ok remember how Zab reacted? Remember Zab's explanation? That he was completely out of it and didn't even remember anything after the punch? And how he had to be told what happened in the locker room?

And that sounds like a guy who was ready to continue?
    excellent point

Nady is a good ref, thing like that are just caused by human error. It happens to everyone. But I do believe that maybe Nady should be stripped of the opportunity to ref big matches for 2-3 months or so, just to keep him on his toes and try and cut these mistakes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    don't the rules state that if a fighter gets up after being knocked down but falls back down again the fight is to be ended as a TKO?
    I don't think there's an offical rule, but there's a general unwritten rule that a ref stops the fight if either of these things happen:

1. A fighter gets up and then falls back down (like Judah)
    2. A fighter falls forward, face-first (because many times this means they're knocked out cold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I don't think there's an offical rule, but there's a general unwritten rule that a ref stops the fight if either of these things happen:

2. A fighter falls forward, face-first (because many times this means they're knocked out cold)
    I believe there is a written rule that states that if the fighter falls TWICE after one knockdown, he has every right to stop the fight right then and there in the interest of the fighter's safety. The referee can consider the end of the round all he wants, but when that knockdown comes, the last thing on the referee's mind is the end of the round. It is the reason the bell cannot save the fighter when knocked down. The referee has to treat the knockdown as if it was the middle of the round. Judah is supposed to be a top notch fighter and should have known better than to get up so quickly. He got arrogant trying to convince the referee, the crowd and himself that the knockdown was nothing. Guess what? He was wrong and it cost him the fight. The best fight Nady refereed was the the Ruiz / Jones, Jr. fight because he kept Ruiz from slugging and hugging. He made a mistake with Barrera / Marquez, but that decision did not impact the final tally of scores. I believe had Barrera not tried to run up on Marquez and take the shot he took, Nady would have acknowledged the knockdown, but the foul overshadowed everything because of how blatant it was. Either way, the call was a mistake, the foul was not. It actually looked worse in the end than it was because of the biased commentating.
    "Even Roy Jones was forced to 'Lean Back'"

- Fat Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont like American refs they let fights go onto long in my opinion !!

Nady is the one who Salutes ? Think he needs to be taken outside and given a goodkick in the head for being such a camera loving pussball .

Richie Davies stoping the Thaxton - Lawton fight for the Her Majestys Lightweight title wasa great call .

The worst fights are when you get a fighter who doesnt have knock out power battering somebody for long periods without having the finishing knockout power .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jay "i can't ref worth a shit" Nady.

nady's ok. i'd rather tony weeks or joe cortez

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckling Gordy
    I dont like American refs they let fights go onto long in my opinion !!
    First thing I thought when I read this was what about Micky Vann? I've never seen an American ref throw a towell back out of the ring.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nady is one of the best referees in boxing. If you ref enough big fights, you're bound to make a mistake or make a controversial call at some point. It's just the law of averages.

Anyone who thinks Nady sucks, I'd be interested to see them list the refs who they think are clearly better.

Kudos to whoever mentioned Vic Drakulich as a horrible referee. I remember Larry Merchant was almost ready to jump into the ring and punch Vic during the first Mayweather-Castillo fight.
    Drakulich kept breaking the fighters and telling them to "Calm Down". Merchant started screaming, "Calm Down? Calm Down? It's a FIGHT for crying out loud!!"
    That was classic. But I don't think I've seen to much more of Drakulich. Joe Cappucino was a great ref who was responsible for a lot of those classic New England wars because he knew how to ref two inside fighters. Excellent referee.

Cortez and Weeks are both excellent. Raul Caiz is another one of my favorites. The only big name ref I really have a bit of a problem with is Kenny Bayless. Not that he's a bad ref just that he SCREAMS at the top of his lungs. One time I saw him scream a 10 count at an unconscious fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDibbs

I believe there is a written rule that states that if the fighter falls TWICE after one knockdown, he has every right to stop the fight right then and there in the interest of the fighter's safety. The referee can consider the end of the round all he wants, but when that knockdown comes, the last thing on the referee's mind is the end of the round. It is the reason the bell cannot save the fighter when knocked down. The referee has to treat the knockdown as if it was the middle of the round. Judah is supposed to be a top notch fighter and should have known better than to get up so quickly. He got arrogant trying to convince the referee, the crowd and himself that the knockdown was nothing. Guess what? He was wrong and it cost him the fight. The best fight Nady refereed was the the Ruiz / Jones, Jr. fight because he kept Ruiz from slugging and hugging. He made a mistake with Barrera / Marquez, but that decision did not impact the final tally of scores. I believe had Barrera not tried to run up on Marquez and take the shot he took, Nady would have acknowledged the knockdown, but the foul overshadowed everything because of how blatant it was. Either way, the call was a mistake, the foul was not. It actually looked worse in the end than it was because of the biased commentating.
    I believe it is referred to as 'secondary concussion'. I remember some discussion about it after the Zab v Kostya fight and the commentaters were saying that he was correct as it states in the rules that the fight should be stopped if this occurs.
    “If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” Muhammad Ali.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have stated this before, Zab Judah owes Jay Nady his life! If that fight had of gone into a third round does anyone seriously believe with ten rounds to go that Kostya wouldn't have nailed him again and inflicted career ending injuries. Zab's behaviour since the Tszyu fight might explain a few things, it hasn't been normal that's for sure. Judah still has a career of some sorts, he gets another chance against Cotto and should be thanking Jay Nady for the opportunity.

SigmaMu Guest

Jay Nad because that is what he is a NAD. He sucks!
    I hate this Floyd Mayweather Jr rooster sucking nut hugger.

[youtube=425,350]9ciFaeUJXns[/youtube]

PATHETIC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Jay Nad because that is what he is a NAD. He sucks!
    I hate this Floyd Mayweather Jr rooster sucking nut hugger.

[youtube=425,350]9ciFaeUJXns[/youtube]

PATHETIC!

haha looks like someone has a crush,

but nady is ok, he has a hard job and i give him credit for that. the only time i was really piss at one of his calls was with judah, because that turned judahs career around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestyl...Nady's one of my for favorites.

He's fair & he cares about the sport & the fighters & he respects both VERY VERY much.

He made a bad call...but what makes me proud...Marquez won the fight period.

Why it's so hard for peeps to face is beyond me. YES he did get knocked down...but watch the fight over & over & over & you will see that Marquez surpassed him in points & went toe to toe with Barrera & he won.

After that...Marquez wanted a rematch...Barrera...not so eager.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information