Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If not Berto...then who?

I don't mind the berto fight to be honest cause there's no one who can beat Floyd anyway so at least with berto we might see Floyd get the stoppage.

Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    I don't mind the berto fight to be honest cause there's no one who can beat Floyd anyway so at least with berto we might see Floyd get the stoppage.
    So that justifies the fight. Mr Fraud can get a legitimate knockout against a real welterweight which has not happened to tbe.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think guys like Thurman, Brook, Porter and even Khan have a shot.

Mayweather is old and over the hill, who knows when he's suddenly going to "get old overnight" and have a Roy Jones/Tarver 2 moment.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

Mayweather is old and over the hill, who knows when he's suddenly going to "get old overnight" and have a Roy Jones/Tarver 2 moment.
    Here's hoping.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So that justifies the fight. Mr Fraud can get a legitimate knockout against a real welterweight which has not happened to tbe.
    Yea why not any one who thinks thurman or brook will have a shot of beating Floyd need there head tested. I'm looking forward to this fight now I think something's happend between Floyd and berto years ago because Floyd doesn't like him so might be a good action fight as berto will go all out

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post

I do reckon Khan could upset Floyd but the rest have no chance even an old Floyd still miles ahead of these new guys

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Regardless of whether or not they have a shot, they're still top ranked guys.

Kel is ranked #1 by Ring Magazine, Khan at #3, Thurman #5, Porter #6. Even Sadam Ali and Danny Garcia are 9 and 10 respectively. It's doubtful that Berto is even in the top 15. I noticed Boxrec has him ranked at #22.

Can Kel Brook or Thurman beat Mayweather? Probably not, but I'd rather see a top 5 guy take a crack at him than a guy who might not even be in the top 20.

I mean you'd have to go back probably 15 years or so to find an instance where Floyd fought such a low ranked opponent. Even when you look at some of Floyd's less than competitive fights over the years, Carlos Baldomir was the linear WW champ when Floyd fought him, he was actually ranked higher than Floyd. Arturo Gatti was actually ranked #1 at 140 in 2005, just below champ Tsyzu and ahead of Floyd. Mosley was the #3 p4p guy and ranked #2 a WW (again, ahead of Floyd) when Floyd fought him.

So it really is a shit fight no matter how you look at it.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook.

I think Brook would cause more damage if he got Floyd against the ropes the way manny did a few times!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Brook.

I think Brook would cause more damage if he got Floyd against the ropes the way manny did a few times!
    There was a time when being against the ropes was Floyd's strength, not he can't slip punches on the ropes like he used to in order to counter effectively. He ends up exchanging blows more often than he wants (see Cotto/Maidana I fights), so he resorts to running back out to the center of the ring (Maidana II) .

Mentioned
    1681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Yea why not any one who thinks thurman or brook will have a shot of beating Floyd need there head tested. I'm looking forward to this fight now I think something's happend between Floyd and berto years ago because Floyd doesn't like him so might be a good action fight as berto will go all out
    You are making up a story in your head about a dispute between Floyd and Berto. If Floyd had any dislike with Berto he would not give him the payday. I think they are friends.

Maybe Thurman is too green but at least he will give it a go and has more chance against Floyd. Anyone who thinks different is wrong.

Thread Information