Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: personal greatest 3 boxing moments..

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Smile Re: personal greatest 3 boxing moments..

I always liked underdog fights with great outcomes those are memorable to me.

3. Bernard Hopkins win over Felix was awesome.

2. Bernard Hopkins vs Kelly Pavlik I don't know why but the old man to me has memorable moments. He might not be the most exciting but damn he sure does defy the odds when it counts the most.

1. Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson. I remember sitting in the basement of a bar with like 50 people watching a rare good boxing undercard and finally watching a 16 to 1 underdog take everything Mike Tyson had and wanting it more for an awesome knockout win. The place erupted in dis belief when it happened and I went home hoarse.

Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: personal greatest 3 boxing moments..

1. Tyson v Berbick
    2.Benn v McClellan
    3. MAB v EM
    4. Gatti v Ward
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since i been watching boxing live:

Tito beating Vargas

Bhop beating Tito

Mosley beating Margarito

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Collins v Eubank 1, I was only young but remember my Dad going nuts with his mates watching this, really got me hooked on boxing

Barrera v Morales 1, never seen a better fight than this and might never...

Tito v Vargas, another fight I just couldn't stop watching, awsome

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) Seeing Mayweather getting punched in the nuts by Judah.

2) Mayweather announcing his retirement, which then lead to my worst moment, him announcing his comeback.

3) Yet to come, Mayweather finally retiring for good.

In regards to other boxing moments.

1) MAB vs EM I

2) Cotto getting hurt, and then knocked down for the first time in his career by Torres, and coming back to knock him out for the win.

3) This one is just personal for me, Sergio Mora beating Forrest last year to win the title. I'll admit it, I cried when he won, because I was happy for my friend in winning his first title fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) Barry McGuigan beating Euesbio Pedroza. Still remember watching it on TV as a kid

2) Lennox Lewis blasting out Razor Ruddock. Ruddock at the time was the most feared heavyweight on the planet and many thought he would win.

3) watching Benn v Watson as a kid live on Free TV. the atmosphere was unbelievable in that small tent in Finsbury Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In no order Oscar De La Hoya stopping Fernando Vargas after all that Vargas was saying he was going to do to the golden boy. He did well but when Oscar caught him with the left hook in the 11th. Nothing could have been better.

After watching the the De La Hoya Trinidad maylay I stopped watching boxing for a while. One night I was flipping through the channels and seen Gatti warming up to fight Ward in there first fight I said damn these guy's are still around. Maybe I'll stay up and watch this. Needless to say I became a fan immediately once again.

Anything of Mike Tyson when I was younger. My brother was a huge Tyson fan and there was always some type of electricity in the air that night. Come to think of it maybe it was the weed them guy's used to smoke all the time.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanman89 View Post
    i am a bit shocked that Benn beating McClellen could be a favourite moment. Of course it was a great fight and amazing effort from Benn, but still...its a bit tasteless isnt it?
    Have always struggled with that one and the mixed emotions in its aftermath.Benn has been a long time favorite and I remember getting into some heated discussions right after with a couple of guys I traded with.It was Imo Benns biggest triumph and by simply saying that,It was interpreted as approving of McClellan's fate.At the end of the day....the fight happened as did all of the tragedy involved and we cannot change that.Ive found as a fan that I cannot pretend it did not,nor dismiss the passion and unyielding heart shown by both fighters that night.They both exceeded their physical and mental limitations while we grasped to comprehend if what we were seeing was even possible.No one could envision the lasting toll it would take and how McClellan would be left in that terrible state.Every weekend we see guys knocked out,cut up and left to deal with defeat as thousands watch on and pass judgment.We are just not used to seeing it all culminate so quickly and with such devastating permanent effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    i am a bit shocked that Benn beating McClellen could be a favourite moment. Of course it was a great fight and amazing effort from Benn, but still...its a bit tasteless isnt it?
    Have always struggled with that one and the mixed emotions in its aftermath.Benn has been a long time favorite and I remember getting into some heated discussions right after with a couple of guys I traded with.It was Imo Benns biggest triumph and by simply saying that,It was interpreted as approving of McClellan's fate.At the end of the day....the fight happened as did all of the tragedy involved and we cannot change that.Ive found as a fan that I cannot pretend it did not,nor dismiss the passion and unyielding heart shown by both fighters that night.They both exceeded their physical and mental limitations while we grasped to comprehend if what we were seeing was even possible.No one could envision the lasting toll it would take and how McClellan would be left in that terrible state.Every weekend we see guys knocked out,cut up and left to deal with defeat as thousands watch on and pass judgment.We are just not used to seeing it all culminate so quickly and with such devastating permanent effects.

yeah ive gotta to admit that benn beating mcclellan would have been in my top 3 had the tragic circumstances not unfolded. I watched the fight live on TV and couldnt believe what i was seeing from both men. Had the tragedy not occurred it would definitely have been acknowledged as the greatest performance from a British boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3.DLH vs. Mayorga (DLH knockin da S*** of Mayorga and seeing the look in Mayorgas face)

2.DLH vs. Vargas (My first ever seen whole fight live...Da way DLH finished him was awesome)

1. Morales vs. Barrera 1 (Greatest fight i seen live, Greatest fight ive seen period)
    Lifes a wheel of fortune and its my turn to spin it. -Tupac Shakur

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Chico vs Castillo l

2. Pac vs Mab l

3. Nonito vs Darchinyan

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry if my message came across like i in some way felt by having it as a favourite moment they somehow enjoyed what happened, that wasn't my intention. I can totally understand that the fight itself is something that noone who saw it will forget. I myself would have it in my top 5 favourite fights, but 'moment' implies something different to me. Anyway, hope no offence was taken
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) Pacquiao vs Barrera: I thought Pac was going to lose that one. I couldn't decide whether that was my favorite Pac moment or beating Hatton but I'll go with his breakout fight.

2) Pavlik vs Taylor: I was the only person in the house that thought Kelly was going to win the fight. After round 2 everyone ganged up on me and said the fight was about to be over. In the end, it was only me laughing...

3) Jones Jr. vs Tarver II: I wasn't exactly a big Roy Jones fan back in the day. Something about his swagger, cockiness, and self promotion rubbed me the wrong way. I appreciate him in hindsight but when he was rocked by Tarver, all my hate for him left.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sorry if my message came across like i in some way felt by having it as a favourite moment they somehow enjoyed what happened, that wasn't my intention. I can totally understand that the fight itself is something that noone who saw it will forget. I myself would have it in my top 5 favourite fights, but 'moment' implies something different to me. Anyway, hope no offence was taken
    Oh no worries at all chief.Ya actually bring up a great point and how up and down the sport can be.Triumph one minute only to see so much tragedy follow and it was one of those moments when you felt it just as much as watched it..Turbulent but great sport we follow.Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1/ Mosley beating De La Hoya in the there first fight, I never get bored of watching this fight its my all time favourite especially the end of round 12 when they both go toe to toe and De La Hoya backs up and the commentator says something like Shane is beating Oscar at his own game!

2/ Mosley KOing Margarito, no one gave Shane a hope in hell in this fight after his poor performance against Mayorga and to see him dominate Margo like no other fighter ever has was magical.

3/ Pavlik beating Taylor in there first fight, the way Pavlik got up after his heavy knock down and to come back and give Taylor a major beat down shown serious guts and made me an even bigger fan.
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Thread Information