Thread: Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Pacquaio better than Cotto?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Cotto's the better boxer, smarter fighter, & is more dynamic than Pacquiao.
    I'm not even that big of a Pacquiao fan, but what exactly has Cotto done that is more dynamic than Pac battering Barrera for 11 rounds, knocking out the great Erik Morales not once but twice, and engaging in a 12 round war with Juan Manuel Marquez??

Cotto has one big win, and it's over a guy who hasn't won in over 2 years and has lost virtually every big fight in his life.
    Does it take beating a name to make you a dynamic fighter?

Roll back tape & watch Cotto methodically pick apart fighters such as Sosa, Jukko, & Bazan.

It's not always the name of the fighter or the caliber...but how & what he does. Cotto can set up a game plan & line up his arsenal alot better than Pacquaio in my opinion.

Pac has one gear that up until recently has he shifted.

Cotto has many big wins & no losses...dynamic is not defined by the man across the corner...it's by the man that's doing the work.

While Pac may be devastating...he aint dynamic.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for me devasting is much more fun to watch than being dynamic.

pac got rocked a couple of times in different fights.and yes pac has a better chin than cotto but its how pac reacted after getting punched dizzy that really impressed me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course Pacquiao is better than Cotto right now.

Pacquiao is one of the top 3 fighters in the world, Cotto is most certainly not.

Pick a name.... Marquez, Barrera, Morales... any one of those 3 is/was better PFP than anyone Cotto has ever faced.

Cotto's last performance was great, but let's not make it something it isn't.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I've watched the PAcquaio-Solis, and Larios fights quite a few times, and I've seen Cotto vs. Judah twice, and I can't help but feeling Cotto seems more effecient. He doesn't throw sloppy punches like Pacquaio does at time, he can throw combinations almost as well, and while he isn't as fast as Pacquaio Cotto hits harder. I think Judah is much better than either of those two, and Pacquaio was in trouble at times against both. I know Cotto has been hurt a few times, but so has Pacquaio. As far as I'm concerned these are the two best pressures fighters out there, and the gap is closing between them. I don't think Cotto is as good as Pacquaio yet, but soon he will be better if you ask me.
    solis and larios fight

those are pacs laid back nights, and your comparing cottos best night with judah. its pretty stupid really.

pacs laid back night against cottos best night with the best fighter he has fought, judah!. ok I guess if you do that than cotto can be compared to pac. but overall not yet.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto's the better boxer, smarter fighter, & is more dynamic than Pacquiao.
    I'm not even that big of a Pacquiao fan, but what exactly has Cotto done that is more dynamic than Pac battering Barrera for 11 rounds, knocking out the great Erik Morales not once but twice, and engaging in a 12 round war with Juan Manuel Marquez??

Cotto has one big win, and it's over a guy who hasn't won in over 2 years and has lost virtually every big fight in his life.
    Does it take beating a name to make you a dynamic fighter?

Roll back tape & watch Cotto methodically pick apart fighters such as Sosa, Jukko, & Bazan.

It's not always the name of the fighter or the caliber...but how & what he does. Cotto can set up a game plan & line up his arsenal alot better than Pacquaio in my opinion.

Pac has one gear that up until recently has he shifted.

Cotto has many big wins & no losses...dynamic is not defined by the man across the corner...it's by the man that's doing the work.

While Pac may be devastating...he aint dynamic.
    pac isn't dynamic

uhh........name fighters that are then if pac isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First I would like to say I'm sorry to Winky because he is the best pressure fighter in the business, I meant pressure puncher in the business. Second, Wacko, I do believe Pacquaio due to his style, energy, speed, and power that he is dynamic. We haven't really seen so reckless a come forward type fighter as him that can match his speed, power, and skill. THough I don't think he is PBF's equal or even close he is quite skilled, and lands punches very effectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dynamic for me means that you fight differently than anyone else.

Nobody fights like Pacquaio that I've seen out there, however Cotto has a lot of fighters are fighting similar to him, even in his next two options for opposition (Margarito and Williams) Controlled aggression, high punch number, pressure fighting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I've watched the PAcquaio-Solis, and Larios fights quite a few times, and I've seen Cotto vs. Judah twice, and I can't help but feeling Cotto seems more effecient. He doesn't throw sloppy punches like Pacquaio does at time, he can throw combinations almost as well, and while he isn't as fast as Pacquaio Cotto hits harder. I think Judah is much better than either of those two, and Pacquaio was in trouble at times against both. I know Cotto has been hurt a few times, but so has Pacquaio. As far as I'm concerned these are the two best pressures fighters out there, and the gap is closing between them. I don't think Cotto is as good as Pacquaio yet, but soon he will be better if you ask me.
    Cotto still has a way to go to reach a guy as accomplished as Pacquaiu.. Let him beat Margarito and Hatton and he will be on his way.

El Kabong Guest

Are they going to fight??

.....THEN WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Thread Information