38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Antonio Margarito

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacfan View Post
    If I were you, Tam, I won't count on him. He's just another one of those punch eaters waiting to be exposed. It just takes a big puncher to do that. But good for him, they don't come that often these days. I think it's just a matter of time, though. I've never seen these kamikaze type fighters lasting that long. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Gee...That has never been said about him before

Margarito has been waiting to be exposed for so long now he will be in retirement with the claims of it still waiting to happen....

Tony has never been dominated at an elite level.....His loses to Santos are not without drama and his loss to Williams was close..More due to his lack of starting off and losing the first rounds then anything...A mistake he openly admitted during the post fight interview.....

As for a Kamikaze fighter that doesn't last too long he has been at it 14 years and for the last 8 he has not been without a world title for more then 2 fights.....

Learn the difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I fail to see how anyone could not like Tony , hes busy , exciting , decent puncher , chin made from space rock , and he is also a pretty good guy.
    WTF MORE DO YOU WANT PACFAN ?
    All right, all right, gentlemen. Please excuse the ignorance. All I can say for sure is that he is lucky he probably hasn't met an exceptionally big puncher so far in his career, the kind with 30-0, 30KO's record. I have yet to see a rock chin not cracked with repeated big blows. Of course, if you can prove me wrong and I will humbly concede.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonito Donaire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    i think he will beat mosley but maybe not as convincingly as you would expect, i just think the hard shots he took against cintron,cotto and probably mosley too will catch up with him sooner rather than later
    Antonio Margarito hasn't had that many tough fights so i disagree, i think he still has atleast a good 4 years in him.

you dont have to have that many tough fights when you get hit as many times in one fight as most other fighters do in 3

ICB Guest

If I were you, Tam, I won't count on him. He's just another one of those punch eaters waiting to be exposed. It just takes a big puncher to do that. But good for him, they don't come that often these days. I think it's just a matter of time, though. I've never seen these kamikaze type fighters lasting that long. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Margarito has been waiting to be exposed for so long now he will be in retirement with the claims of it still waiting to happen....

Tony has never been dominated at an elite level.....His loses to Santos are not without drama and his loss to Williams was close..More due to his lack of starting off and losing the first rounds then anything...A mistake he openly admitted during the post fight interview.....

As for a Kamikaze fighter that doesn't last too long he has been at it 14 years and for the last 8 he has not been without a world title for more then 2 fights.....

Learn the difference
    I fail to see how anyone could not like Tony , hes busy , exciting , decent puncher , chin made from space rock , and he is also a pretty good guy.
    All right, all right, gentlemen. Please excuse the ignorance. All I can say for sure is that he is lucky he probably hasn't met an exceptionally big puncher so far in his career, the kind with 30-0, 30KO's record. I have yet to see a rock chin not cracked with repeated big blows. Of course, if you can prove me wrong and I will humbly concede.
    Well Pacfan i hate to do this bro seeing as your a good pal. But Kermit Cintron is a very big puncher, Antonio Margarito walked through his shots. He also fought Daniel Santos who was 170 pounds in there 2nd fight. 10 pounds heavier than Antonio Margarito, and despite a few temple shots which stunned him for a moment or two, Antonio Margarito walked through his shots just fine. And lets not forget Miguel Cotto he's no slouch in the power department either

ICB Guest

i think he will beat mosley but maybe not as convincingly as you would expect, i just think the hard shots he took against cintron,cotto and probably mosley too will catch up with him sooner rather than later
    Antonio Margarito hasn't had that many tough fights so i disagree, i think he still has atleast a good 4 years in him.

you dont have to have that many tough fights when you get hit as many times in one fight as most other fighters do in 3
    Thats the thing though he doesn't get hit as much as you think, because he normally overwhelms his opponents. He's only been in a few tough ones where he's been clocked.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truest to the phrase....."A good offense is a good defense".Its not just his solid chin,He is a very accumulative and taxing fighter with massive volume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Learn the difference
    A few things there mate...

1. There is no one in the sport with such a record

2 If there was they would have fought mostly bums

Kermit Cintron 84+ KO%
    Miguel Cotto 78+ KO%
    Paul Williams 72+ KO%
    6 Heads Lewsi at the time of their meeting had a 85% KO percentage
    Daniel Santos a bigger man had a 75% KO ratio when they fought

All pretty big punchers anyone over 70% is a big puncher once they reach the upper tier

You are just looking for something to pick nout on him and by using a phrase like he is lucky he has not met a fighter with 100% KO ratio proves it
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    I will not make any bold predictions here because anything can happen but I will be rooting for Antonio Margarito. I have nothing against Mosley but I like Margarito more and the fact that he beat Cotto was impressive enough to believe that he can do the same with Mosley and the only thing I can take away from Mosley is the age factor and the fact that he was beat by Forrest twice and from post to pillar and I can see Margarito doing the same if not worse to Mosley this late in his career.
    I agree Forrest won, but from pillar to post? Those were two boring fights save for the knockdown in the first. It's what made me dislike Forrest. Punch, clinch, punch, clinch, punch, clinch. It was the right strategy to beat Shane, but Mosley was by no means dominated.

I'm rooting for Shane despite my better senses. Mosley is a few fights away from retirement and it would be better for the guy who's going to be around longer to win. Maybe in this instance I'm just with the underdog.
    Oops

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just have too here.Ko #s can be pretty inflated also.But dont forget Alfred Ankamah who had about a 95% ratio,landed flush before Tony folded him up like clean linen...........yeh,yeh I know,He was Koing stiffs.....like Rodney Jones......who would then go on to defeat Tony?? Crazy world this Boxing biz

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not necessarily agreeing with Pacfan, but nobody's a machine, he's not a caveman like Mayorga but he's taken a fair amount of hard head shots over his career (is there even footage of his early career?) and that over time will take its toll. I don't think anytime real soon but even though he's only 30 he's been fighting 14, 15 years.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    I will not make any bold predictions here because anything can happen but I will be rooting for Antonio Margarito. I have nothing against Mosley but I like Margarito more and the fact that he beat Cotto was impressive enough to believe that he can do the same with Mosley and the only thing I can take away from Mosley is the age factor and the fact that he was beat by Forrest twice and from post to pillar and I can see Margarito doing the same if not worse to Mosley this late in his career.
    I agree Forrest won, but from pillar to post? Those were two boring fights save for the knockdown in the first. It's what made me dislike Forrest. Punch, clinch, punch, clinch, punch, clinch. It was the right strategy to beat Shane, but Mosley was by no means dominated.

I'm rooting for Shane despite my better senses. Mosley is a few fights away from retirement and it would be better for the guy who's going to be around longer to win. Maybe in this instance I'm just with the underdog.
    Yes from pillar to post in the first fight he whooped Shane Mosley, like a red headed step child. He battered him in atleast 3 rounds, especially the 2nd round with the 2 knockdowns, and the 10th round where he doubled Shane Mosley over with body shots.

Vernon Forrest controlled that fight and gave Shane Mosley a throughout beating, with a couple of really dominant rounds to top it off, i agree about the 2nd fight though. That was a pretty close boring fight, which Vernon Forrest just edged out in the later rounds.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Learn the difference
    Well Pacfan i hate to do this bro seeing as your a good pal. But Kermit Cintron is a very big puncher, Antonio Margarito walked through his shots. He also fought Daniel Santos who was 170 pounds in there 2nd fight. 10 pounds heavier than Antonio Margarito, and despite a few temple shots which stunned him for a moment or two, Antonio Margarito walked through his shots just fine. And lets not forget Miguel Cotto he's no slouch in the power department either
    No problem, buddy. I never take it against anyone for what they say to me or about my posts. You've definitely got some good points there... BTW, give my regards to your wife; just in case you didn't know, you just got married few months back. lol

A few things there mate...

1. There is no one in the sport with such a record

2 If there was they would have fought mostly bums

Kermit Cintron 84+ KO%
    Miguel Cotto 78+ KO%
    Paul Williams 72+ KO%
    6 Heads Lewsi at the time of their meeting had a 85% KO percentage
    Daniel Santos a bigger man had a 75% KO ratio when they fought

All pretty big punchers anyone over 70% is a big puncher once they reach the upper tier

You are just looking for something to pick nout on him and by using a phrase like he is lucky he has not met a fighter with 100% KO ratio proves it
    Point well taken, Daxx. Definitely, you got tons of good points there...
    Maybe he's just waiting for pac...
    ...when he gets 40. Just kiddin,' buddy, relax a bit.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see Mosley fight like he did against Collazo, he should know he won't take Margarito out, so throw straight, fast punches and try to throw a lot more punches, straight punches take way less energy to throw, and he can really throw a hell of a lot of punches that way, also he should always be moving, even if its just a little bit, and it helps to hold on the inside because thats Margarito's danger zone, is when he is right in close with you on the ropes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And many of his wins were blow outs where he was never punched.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito was dominated by williams and the fight was not close. He lost 10 rounds to 2 by my eyes. That being said. No one else will expose him like williams did and he is one of my favorite fighters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by awdleyfuturehalloffamer View Post
    Margarito was dominated by williams and the fight was not close. He lost 10 rounds to 2 by my eyes. That being said. No one else will expose him like williams did and he is one of my favorite fighters.

Dominated? What fight did you watch?...

10 rounds to 2??

Are you Dawlby Shirley
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information