0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayorga to Knock Out Cotto in 2 Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    ross is just pissy cause Cotto piledrived his mom hahahaha
    So have hundreds of others but they don't receive the same amount of abuse Cotto gets.
    Good work girls

In fact you will be like the play ground girls who hang around the Popular boy, like his cheerleaders and he picks a fight on the wrong "bigger boy" and as hes helped off the floor you will bitch that the "bigger boy" is just a nasty bully who should pick on someone his own size!;D
    I can guarantee that this will not happen.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So have hundreds of others but they don't receive the same amount of abuse Cotto gets.
    Good work girls

In fact you will be like the play ground girls who hang around the Popular boy, like his cheerleaders and he picks a fight on the wrong "bigger boy" and as hes helped off the floor you will bitch that the "bigger boy" is just a nasty bully who should pick on someone his own size!;D
    Will you quietly disperseas hes floundering around on the floor and the teacher has to pull the bigger boy off?

Mayorga wraps up Ocala training, heads to Vegas | Ocala.com

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

let's get back to the fight.........as far as I can see, Cotto started to get old overnight, as they say, in his last fight and a half. Not that those plaster wraps didnt also take too much out of him too..........anybody getting whipped BAD 2 of the last 3 or 4 fights is pretty much finished. Cotto is an OLD young man. Mayorga is pretty refreshed after a long layoff. Healed and well-conditioned apparently. Word is he has been sparring with a 165-pounder. I think his power will be more than anyone who Cotto faced.

He will strike early like a cobra. B4 you know it, Cotto willbe counted out, I'll say it will happen before the 1st minute of round 3 is gone. I think Pacquiao took whatever Cotto had left.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Mayorga is pretty refreshed after a long layoff. Healed and well-conditioned apparently. Word is he has been sparring with a 165-pounder. I think his power will be more than anyone who Cotto faced.
    Look on the link I gave hes sparring Bobby Bryant and is knocking him down in sparring. Hes a big young light middle with power. Was trained by Buddy McGirt.

Bobby Bryant - Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia

Bobby Bryant - Boxer

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/...&MaxH=452&q=50

http://www.ocala.com/article/2011030...heads-to-Vegas
    Last edited by ross; 03-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I love this whole "Cotto got old overnight" stuff...well what the hell is Mayorga?!?! When was the last time he was even competitive with a top tier fighter(which at 154 Cotto still is)? The facts are these Mayorga is 37, he hasn't been in great shape, he's never been solid on defense, the last few guys he's fought that were anywhere close to top tier were the fading superstars Mosley, De la Hoya, and Trinidad...he was stopped by all of them. The last "big fight" Mayorga won was the rematch to Vernon Forrest. He WAS competitive with Mosley.....but he still got KTFO.

Miguel Cotto got beat by a guy with plaster wraps and a prime Manny Pacquiao....and that makes him "old".....give me a freaking break.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Ccotto got old overnight. I just believe that he would never have coped with Mayorgas physical presence. His size, strength, power and aggrressive will.

Iv seen Cotto back peddle against similar fighters who put it on Miguel. If Cotto feels they are stronger than him he gives a bit.

I also believe had Mayorga had a different personality and actually knuckled down and trained hard that he could have beaten at least Trinidad and Mosley. Both he was doing very well with until he gassed late in the 1st with Trinidad (Only 4 weeks training) and around the 7th with Mosely. Oscar may always have done that, not sure.

Mayorga has stuck in training. Don King wants him to be used as a Pacquiao opponent, so sold the idea of him as Cottos first defence to Arum. He gave him a warm up fight against a similar styled fighter. He has also sent his right hand man and talent scout Al Bonnani down to Ocala to make sure that Mayorga is putting the work in. Hes also given him strong young up and coming fighters as sparring partners. Not faded old names after some cash.

El Kabong Guest

I dont think Ccotto got old overnight. I just believe that he would never have coped with Mayorgas physical presence. His size, strength, power and aggrressive will.

Iv seen Cotto back peddle against similar fighters who put it on Miguel. If Cotto feels they are stronger than him he gives a bit.

I also believe had Mayorga had a different personality and actually knuckled down and trained hard that he could have beaten at least Trinidad and Mosley. Both he was doing very well with until he gassed late in the 1st with Trinidad (Only 4 weeks training) and around the 7th with Mosely. Oscar may always have done that, not sure.

Mayorga has stuck in training. Don King wants him to be used as a Pacquiao opponent, so sold the idea of him as Cottos first defence to Arum. He gave him a warm up fight against a similar styled fighter. He has also sent his right hand man and talent scout Al Bonnani down to Ocala to make sure that Mayorga is putting the work in. Hes also given him strong young up and coming fighters as sparring partners. Not faded old names after some cash.
    That's all well and good, but Cotto is well rounded, more than people give him credit for. He boxes when he needs to and he goes to war when he needs to...odds are that Manny Steward will want him to box a little more. What's going to happen is he'll want Cotto to use the jab (he's got a good one), pick off Mayorga's big wide looping punches, and counter them and as always dig to the body. Cotto has always had good timing which has put him at an advantage when he fights someone with faster hands...but Mayorga doesn't exactly have blazing speed.

Asw for size Mayorga is 2" taller and has maybe 3" in reach which would be wonderful for fighting Cotto if Mayorga knew what the hell to do with those things. Ricardo won't stay outside, he won't use his height, he may well weigh 170 on fight night but then again so will Cotto....I just see 0 advantage for Mayorga...0.

The longer the fight lasts, the worse it will get for Mayorga...he'll be severely outclassed.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 03-04-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is a tidy fighter and methodical but I just cant see him upping the gears enough to cope with the mayhem he is about to be faced with.

All ill say is Mayorga wins early, as in not on points. If it had been the Welter version of Mayorga I really do agree with this thread that Mayorga wins inside 2 rounds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just out of curiosity, has Mayorga ever been in a boxing match where he was considered the superior boxer?

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bcollins View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has Mayorga ever been in a boxing match where he was considered the superior boxer?
    Thats like asking if Joe Frazier or Rocky Marciano were!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good work girls

Will you quietly disperseas hes floundering around on the floor and the teacher has to pull the bigger boy off?

the only one acting like a girl sucking on Mayorgas dick is you lol either way the fight is almost here which means you soon wont be, cause when Mayorga gets KTFO you will be nowhere to be found

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[the only one acting like a girl sucking on Mayorgas dick is you lol either way the fight is almost here which means you soon wont be, cause when Mayorga gets KTFO you will be nowhere to be found

You must be dreaming

You will probably come round just as Cotto does, while the ref is counting over him

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[the only one acting like a girl sucking on Mayorgas dick is you lol either way the fight is almost here which means you soon wont be, cause when Mayorga gets KTFO you will be nowhere to be found

You must be dreaming

You will probably come round just as Cotto does, while the ref is counting over him
    just when i thought your boxing IQ couldn't get lower lol you just compared Ricardo Fucking Mayorga to Joe Frazier and Rocky Marciano hahahaha i was always taught to be nice to retards so....how are you doin buddy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't believe Mayorga wins this fight but he is exciting and fun to route for....speaking of shot fighters Mayorga's last two wins came against Michael Walker (Who?) and a faded Fernando Vargas. Gotta think Cotto has more left in the tank at this point and a better arsenal.

El Kabong Guest

Cotto is a tidy fighter and methodical but I just cant see him upping the gears enough to cope with the mayhem he is about to be faced with.

All ill say is Mayorga wins early, as in not on points. If it had been the Welter version of Mayorga I really do agree with this thread that Mayorga wins inside 2 rounds.
    ...He doesn't have the stamina or the endurance to cope with Cotto

Thread Information