Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Talking Re: Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

Tommy was taking a shower after working out at the gym, he slipped on some soap and fell on a dick and that is how he got infected.

I don't know about all that but I think Tommy liked tapping his feet while taking a shit at the airport and I think that this is where it all began.

Last edited by SigmaMu; 06-10-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post
    Tommy was taking a shower after working out at the gym, he slipped on some soap and fell on a dick and that is how he got infected.

I don't know about all that but I think Tommy liked tapping his feet while taking a shit at the airport and I think that this is where it all began.

Hilarious. NOT.

I doubt you'd be man enough to say that to Tommy Morrison's face. He'd KO you in less than two seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slowmotion426 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

Hilarious. NOT.

I doubt you'd be man enough to say that to Tommy Morrison's face. He'd KO you in less than two seconds.
    Although if you punched you an missed, he would get winded and you would probably be able to score a couple of knockdowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's kind of funny how when Tommy was diagnosed he looked fine and now he's fine and he looks sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Morrison was told he had HIV , so it ended his career.

Then last year he got a second opinion from Dr. Nick Riviera , who said he hadnt got it anymore , however he oviously is still HIV positive.
    Hi Evly Body!!!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Morrison was told he had HIV , so it ended his career.

Then last year he got a second opinion from Dr. Nick Riviera , who said he hadnt got it anymore , however he oviously is still HIV positive.
    Hi Evly Body!!!
    GLAD SOMEONE PICKED UP ON IT MIKE
    OH AND MAY I SAY HI DOCTOR NICK
    ALSO TO THE NOVICE PRICK WHO SAID TOMMY MORRISON WAS "GREAT IN HIS PRIME " NO HE FUCKING WASNT GREAT !!!!!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post
    People with HIV, who are taking good care of themselves and who take the right drugs, can have their HIV go into remission and it will not show up on a test. However, they still have HIV, and will always have HIV.

A couple years ago Tommy passed an HIV test and has since claimed that he no longer has it. However, he has been reluctant to retake another test. Considering that he failed several tests in the mid 90's, most people think his HIV has just become undetectable.

Morrison however, is looking for one last payday and is trying to convince the world that he never had HIV to begin with.
    I have to agree he is a bit delusional. I thought he had state commission test though after his private doctors. Or was it he did not let the commission re-test him and because he had licensed physicians do the first test he was not obligated to retake it?

Whole thing confuses me, all I know is I would not chance a fight with him nor allow one of my fighters if I was a trainer.

True about taking care of yourself. Magic Johnson is a perfect example. If not in the media no one would ever know he has HIV.

Besides HIV will not kill you it is when the virus turns into Aids you are done for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
    People with HIV, who are taking good care of themselves and who take the right drugs, can have their HIV go into remission and it will not show up on a test. However, they still have HIV, and will always have HIV.

A couple years ago Tommy passed an HIV test and has since claimed that he no longer has it. However, he has been reluctant to retake another test. Considering that he failed several tests in the mid 90's, most people think his HIV has just become undetectable.
    you are passing along misinformation. If someone is clinically HIV+, they will always show up as HIV+ on the standard HIV antibody test. Becoming 'undetectable' has no effect on the presence of antibodies, which is the primary test used. 'Undetectable' is something altogether different, referring to the viral load within the body (and the viral load test used in this manner is shaky science in the first place).

Basically, if he is testing negative on the HIV antibody test, its because he is HIV negative. No kind of treatment would hide the fact that he has antibodies to HIV in his system.... The treatment might lower the viral load, but that not the issue at hand.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by T.rex View Post

you are passing along misinformation. If someone is clinically HIV+, they will always show up as HIV+ on the standard HIV antibody test. Becoming 'undetectable' has no effect on the presence of antibodies, which is the primary test used. 'Undetectable' is something altogether different, referring to the viral load within the body (and the viral load test used in this manner is shaky science in the first place).

Basically, if he is testing negative on the HIV antibody test, its because he is HIV negative. No kind of treatment would hide the fact that he has antibodies to HIV in his system.... The treatment might lower the viral load, but that not the issue at hand.

.........and knowing is half the battle
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you joined this forum to respond to this post that has been dead for almost 2 years?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tommy even knows he won't win a title anymore , or even beat a top 10 heavyweight. He just wants to convince the world and the LADIES that he's healthy . You know what the means

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So you joined this forum to respond to this post that has been dead for almost 2 years?
    I go with the explanation Saddo did give about another dead thread who came back to life: The guy did google search Tommy Morrisson Aids and it did give this thread as one of the first results, he enlisted here and answered.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Proof Morrison Passed his HIV Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwEwqftgxjE
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer View Post
    Where the hell have you been Clubber? And no Tommy Morrison was never a great fighter. He was a great white fuck up.
    I can only assume that you haven't seen that fly on the wall documentary 'Rockey V' - the guy was an animal. Fearsome, powerful, could deliver a KO in the blink of the eye, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit he even turned on his own coach in a pub car park one evening. Try telling him he isn't a great fighter - best of luck with that.

Anyway, regardless, even if he did pass a HIV test, I would still never face him in the ring (if I was a professional, obviosuly). Like someone else said, there is a stigma attached to him now and I can't imagine anyone would want to get in the ring with him even if he was able to make a comeback. It's a shame but no one in their right mind would risk it.

Hello Tommy. Getting desperate in your comeback bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

I go with the explanation Saddo did give about another dead thread who came back to life: The guy did google search Tommy Morrisson Aids and it did give this thread as one of the first results, he enlisted here and answered.
    See above.
    Last edited by boxingbantz; 04-27-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

goddamn this is an old thread. Still sticking by him being a fuck up. He had loads of potential and he pissed it away.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information