Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko V Jean Marc Mormeck! WTF?

Share/Bookmark
    jon09 Guest

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko V Jean Marc Mormeck! WTF?

Early congrats for Vlads 50th ko.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jean Mormeck??!

"get in liiiiiine"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Jean Mormeck??!

"get in liiiiiine"
    Apparently there is no more line.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would not mind Wlad fighting Arreleo, the brothers should see who performs better against opponents they have both faced. This will give them the extra motivation they need to carry on with these defences.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure the German fans as always will be packing out another stadium for the fight, but as has been mentioned before the level of competition available for them that they haven't already beaten makes for a very short list of young fighters who will be getting into deep water too early in their careers, because the majority of them won't be seasoned and wily enough to fight to the kind of plan necessary to beat a Klitschko.

Unfortunately, the Vitali and Wladimir wrecking machine means that bouts such as these are inevitable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    But you must agree Fury would be a much, much better match up than Mormeck!
    Why? They're both one-sided bore-fests where Wlad wins every round and then gets a KO. Fury is mediocre, green, and absurdly overrated by Brits.

Povetkin is really the only guy who's tier 2 rather than tier 3 or below in the division. And he has expressly declined to fight the Klitchkos.

Yes, this fight sucks. But every other fight sucks equally. This at least keeps the tier 3 guys free to fight each other. I'd rather see Arreola fight Helenius than either of them get dominated by a Klitchko. Throw Fury in that mix too if you insist, but he's at least another level down from those guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jean Marc Mormeck

Natural cruiserweight
    Only 5'11"
    5 fights in 6 years
    4 wins(0 ko) in 6 years
    1 Loss(1 ko) in 6 years (TKO'd by Haye)

Well Wladimir you've did it again. You've successfully landed yourself another easy fight against another cruiserweight and a guy who's got 2 knockout wins in 40 fights!

When Tyson Fury has been calling you out since the Haye fight!

BS! Pure BS!
    I agree this is a shit fight, BUT Fury?? Really?? He nearly got sparked by a shite journeyman with no power at weekend. Price will batter Fury, Wlad would KO the bum with a jab in the first round. I'd have Mormeck to beat Fury easily.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye was gonna fight Mormeck again but he chose Audley instead. If Audley is viewed as a more suitable opponent then it doesnt say much about Mormeck.

In his day and at his weight he was a good fighter. This is no longer his day or his weight so he brings nothing to the fight. I can only imagine he still has a fanbase in France and they could fill a stadium. Maybe the Klitschkos have settled for a tour of europe starting in Poland. Horrible fight this is. . .

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    Jean Marc Mormeck

Natural cruiserweight
    Only 5'11"
    5 fights in 6 years
    4 wins(0 ko) in 6 years

Well Wladimir you've did it again. You've successfully landed yourself another easy fight against another cruiserweight and a guy who's got 2 knockout wins in 40 fights!

BS! Pure BS!
    I agree this is a shit fight, BUT Fury?? Really?? He nearly got sparked by a shite journeyman with no power at weekend. Price will batter Fury, Wlad would KO the bum with a jab in the first round. I'd have Mormeck to beat Fury easily.
    Wow I never even though of Price. RETRACTED! Now I'd say Price!

Feel like such a newb for forgetting an Olympian!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jean Marc Mormeck

Natural cruiserweight
    Only 5'11"
    5 fights in 6 years
    4 wins(0 ko) in 6 years

BS! Pure BS!
    Wow I never even though of Price. RETRACTED! Now I'd say Price!

Feel like such a newb for forgetting an Olympian!
    Neither Fury or Price are anywhere near ready though IMO. For me I think it's time for Povetkin to MAN UP, and after he is beaten then I think the likes of Boystov, Helenius and Arreola could be due a shot. If Price is matched up well over the next 3 years I give him a better chance than most, but he still has loads to prove. As for Fury, I don't think he'll ever be ready and I see him eventually being thrown in with Haye due to the way he keeps attacking Haye in the press and I see something similar to the Audley fight with Haye taking Fury out whenever he has put money on himself to do so.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the Klitschkos are that impressive, everyone seems to think they're the greats.

Vitali yes, he is a monster! Wlad not so much, but the old pros aren't beating them, it'll likely be someone younger than they're used to that'll beat them!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think the Klitschkos are that impressive, everyone seems to think they're the greats.

Vitali yes, he is a monster! Wlad not so much, but the old pros aren't beating them, it'll likely be someone younger than they're used to that'll beat them!
    Probably will be someone younger. From whats on the horizon of HW boxing though I don't see anyone who can get in the ring with the Klits and even cause a problem. The closest man to doing that is David Haye and he got well outclassed. No of the HW's now I have 4 tiers

Tier 1 is: The Klits

Tier 2 is: Haye

Tier 3 is: Chambers, Helenius, Boystov, Arreola, Thompson, Solis and Adamek etc

Tier 4 is: Price, Fury and Wilder. I'd also put Evander in here though his career is going in the opposite direction to the rest of this group. Then again I'd have him beating Fury and probably Wilder right now too. Price is the one to watch for me out of this group but as I said earlier he needs to be well matched so he can develop over the next couple of years.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably will be someone younger. From whats on the horizon of HW boxing though I don't see anyone who can get in the ring with the Klits and even cause a problem. The closest man to doing that is David Haye and he got well outclassed. No of the HW's now I have 4 tiers

Tier 4 is: Price, Fury and Wilder. I'd also put Evander in here though his career is going in the opposite direction to the rest of this group. Then again I'd have him beating Fury and probably Wilder right now too. Price is the one to watch for me out of this group but as I said earlier he needs to be well matched so he can develop over the next couple of years.
    I would agree with your tiers, where is Povetkin? Chageev? I know Chag is an outsider but he must not be dismissed.

Holyfield is a legend. If he did secure a Povetkin fight and managed to win, he'd go straight for a Klitschko! Probably with no success though, in both cases!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would agree with your tiers, where is Povetkin? Chageev? I know Chag is an outsider but he must not be dismissed.

Holyfield is a legend. If he did secure a Povetkin fight and managed to win, he'd go straight for a Klitschko! Probably with no success though, in both cases!
    Sorry Chagaev and Povetkin both go in tier 3 I missed them by accident. Though Chagaev has looked very poor since his one sided beating off Wlad, so he could be on his way down.

Thread Information