Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for British Boxing fans.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question for British Boxing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo2 View Post
    This fight could never be bigger than Eubank v Benn..Froch is a good fighter but he is'nt in the same league as Joe to make it a massive fight of such proportions!!

Hatton v Witter would ceratainly be up there tho!
    Are you serious? Not enough people in Britain would give a shit. Hell, not enough people in Bradford would give a shit. Hatton vs. Khan would generate so much more public interest.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    no chance it would be anywhere near as big as benn v eubank, when those to fought over 10 million people watched it live which was what the england football team was getting during the world cup that year so that was massive figures for a local fight............no one gives a toss about calzaghe, even after the pac-man loss people where saying atleast hatton had the courage to go fight top guys in there prime unlike calzaghe, thats what reporters and fans where saying so no way would that fight be as big
    Agreed wholeheartedly.

Benn vs Eubank was the fight that the entire nation stopped to watch.

You stop any random person in the street and ask them if they know Carl Froch. I will give you a 100 quid if you find anybody who knows who in the blue hell he is.

Calzaghe was also never as big as Eubank or Benn. I still think those guys did more for British boxing than JC. They garnered so much more interest. I don't know what it was - They were huge characters unlike bland JC.

Makes me nostalgic thinking about those days.
    Really? No one in England knows who Carl Froch is? Do you know who Paul McCartney is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am I missing something? What has Paul McCartney got to do with this? And no, if you asked anybody on the street who doesn't follow boxing they wouldn't have a clue who he was.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I guess Joe will stay retired.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Nah i don't think so. Be a very good fight but not quite on the scale of Benn -Eubank, Bruno - Lewis

Hatton - Khan would have a better shot imo maybe 12 months down the line.
    About the two chicks in the picture. I have a birthday coming up if you're looking for a gift. Always been a big fan of British boxing. I thought Joe coming out of retirement to take on the young lion would be big. Guess I was wrong. I wish to thank all my British brothers for posting on this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    This fight could never be bigger than Eubank v Benn..Froch is a good fighter but he is'nt in the same league as Joe to make it a massive fight of such proportions!!

Are you serious? Not enough people in Britain would give a shit. Hell, not enough people in Bradford would give a shit. Hatton vs. Khan would generate so much more public interest.
    I'm completely serious...this would be a massive fight in the British Boxing Calender!

At this moment in time both Hatton and Junior are out on a limb and in the wilderness...with Witter getting a shot at the WBC belt it could be a credible way of getting Ricky back in the mix if he wins it!!

It would certainly be a sell out where ever they fought and to suggest otherwise

It would generate massive PPV figures if not only for the reason Hatton fans would to see Ricky shut Junior the Fuck up...for once and for all.

This fight most definitely would'nt come second to seeing him fight Khan....no way..they would probably both be on a Par and generate massive purses...especially with the history of animosity between both men!!

Amir does'nt even come into the equation at the moment for me,regardless of what bullshit he has been spouting today he has'nt got the pull of a fight between two of the Countries biggest rivals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm completely serious...this would be a massive fight in the British Boxing Calender!

At this moment in time both Hatton and Junior are out on a limb and in the wilderness...with Witter getting a shot at the WBC belt it could be a credible way of getting Ricky back in the mix if he wins it!!

It would certainly be a sell out where ever they fought and to suggest otherwise

It would generate massive PPV figures if not only for the reason Hatton fans would to see Ricky shut Junior the Fuck up...for once and for all.

This fight most definitely would'nt come second to seeing him fight Khan....no way..they would probably both be on a Par and generate massive purses...especially with the history of animosity between both men!!

Amir does'nt even come into the equation at the moment for me,regardless of what bullshit he has been spouting today he has'nt got the pull of a fight between two of the Countries biggest rivals!
    No one knows who Witter is, yes Hatton should of fought him but Hatton v Rees would be just as ££ rewarding as Hatton V Witter no one cares about Witter, Hatton v Kahn is much bigger fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

No one knows who Witter is, yes Hatton should of fought him but Hatton v Rees would be just as ££ rewarding as Hatton V Witter no one cares about Witter, Hatton v Kahn is much bigger fight.
    Don't be so ridiculous...to even mention REES in the same breath as Ricky and Junior is...now that would be 1 fight hard to sell

At this point in both of their respective careers to deny that it would be a fight that would get fans wanting to see them especially with the History of abuse that Junior has passed Ricky's way virtually unanswered would definitely get the punters up for it...LETS FACE IT HATTON FANS WOULD PAY TO SEE HIM BEAT A DUSTY RUG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hatton and calzaghe are household names over here

the regular sports fan knows guys like david haye and amir khan and thats about it.

Carl Froch for all his accomplishments is still very much an unknown.

As for the biggest ever british fight - been said already Benn-Eubank but i do remember a hell of a lot of publicity for bruno-lewis despite the fact at the time britain still widely regarded lennox as a foreigner
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe v David Starie was massive , Starie was such a deserving challenger.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't be so ridiculous...to even mention REES in the same breath as Ricky and Junior is...now that would be 1 fight hard to sell

At this point in both of their respective careers to deny that it would be a fight that would get fans wanting to see them especially with the History of abuse that Junior has passed Ricky's way virtually unanswered would definitely get the punters up for it...LETS FACE IT HATTON FANS WOULD PAY TO SEE HIM BEAT A DUSTY RUG!
    Hatton could sell a fight if he was fighting norris off coronation street, Witter i repeat noone knows who he is, even some of the Us fight fans havents seen him fight, Witter-Hatton should happen because of the rivalry etc etc but its not a huge financial fight, HBO or not intrested iN Witter hes fucking garbabe, Hatton if fights again i fell Kahn as the£££ would be huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton could sell a fight if he was fighting norris off coronation street, Witter i repeat noone knows who he is, even some of the Us fight fans havents seen him fight, Witter-Hatton should happen because of the rivalry etc etc but its not a huge financial fight, HBO or not intrested iN Witter hes fucking garbabe, Hatton if fights again i fell Kahn as the£££ would be huge.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton v Khan would be a huge Stadium fight and easily draw in 50-60,000 just on Hattons name alone.

Forch is still pretty unknown due to lack of exposure and i don't think anything will ever rival the hype and true hatred between Benn and Eubank.

I think the viewing figures on ITV (Terrestrial tv) were well over 12 million for Benn v Eubank.

Basically the whole of the UK knew who these 2 fighters were

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    That wasn't even a main event, it was part of the undercard to Tyson-Francis
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    That wasn't even a main event, it was part of the undercard to Tyson-Francis
    Yea that kinda sums it up , an undefeated world lol champion fighting on the under card of a former HW champ , against a British standard fighter , who John Ruiz has KOED in 2. lol
    Calzaghe v Starie was just MASSIVE.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information